Currently staying here for two more nights. It hadn't been too bad minus the fact we received the smallest room ever and paid for a partial oceanview room, but have to keep the drapes closed because the balcony looks onto the balconies of the hotel next door and people just sit there and are able to stare right into our room. Maid service doesn't come until almost 4 which is usually the time we were coming in from the beach. Until 10 minutes ago we thought the room was pretty clean, that is until we saw something on the wall in the dark. We turned on the light and it was the biggest cockroach we had ever seen. (Yes, it was a cockroach, we made sure to do our research.) We have been able to see some other rooms and they look much nicer than ours. If you do choose to stay here make sure you don't get room 373!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach