“Relaxing stay at the Sandpiper Beacon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
You added The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort to your Saves list
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Blanchester
“Relaxing stay at the Sandpiper Beacon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel has a little age on it but is well maintained and clean. The staff is very friendly and willing to meet your request as quickly as they can.It is especially family friendly with most everything needed is on site or very close. There are many things to do there and a very nice beach also.

Room Tip: We liked the third floor beach view because of an unobstructed view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael B
SandpiperBeacon, Guest Relations Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort Michael!

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been providing fun and family friendly vacations in Panama City Beach since the 1950's and do our best to keep our property maintained and make improvements whenever we can!

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again on the "World's Most Beautiful Beaches"! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have visited this facility for two years now. The staff is always friendly and helpful. If you have a complaint, they call for guest services to address the issue right in front of you. This is a great place to stay if you have kids. I went this year by myself and still enjoyed the ocean air and gorgeous sunsets. Everything that you could want is all at this one place. Take full advantage of all of the things to do. There's something for everyone in your family! I will definitely be returning every year!

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room with a full kitchen so that you can have the choice of cooking in instead o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Diamond53916
SandpiperBeacon, Guest Relations Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort for your recent stay in Panama City Beach! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us!

We are very pleased that any issue you may have experienced was taken care of swiftly and promptly by our Guest Services Team and your beach vacation was put back on the right track.

We are looking forward to having you as a repeat guest at the Sandpiper! :)
northwest Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I found the Sandpiper to be a grand old place. It has all the amenities anyone could want, the lazy river is heated and good for adults at night after the kids go to bed, and the adult pool and hot tub are very nice, daquiri bar, music, tiki bar, deli on the beach, jet skis, etc. Its all there and if I had taken children or grandchildren they would have enjoyed it- however, being over a certain age I enjoyed going in September with more adults present, and I found all the staff to be friendly enough, some more than others, but that's everywhere you go. There are always going to be some tourists that have never been anywhere before that are going to make themselves or their children a nuisance to others, like the pregnant woman in the hot tub that also had a baby on her lap, that peed in the hot tub. I wonder why they think the Sandpiper put up a sign? In particular, the Sandpiper Beacon has the absolute best set up for people who rarely want to leave the resort. I didn't take any pets either, but saw several people with small dogs. I travel often and its a no-brainer to ask first if you're bringing any kind of pet - but I believe this is a dog only facility. I don't mind if there's a tiny bit of sand in the corner of the bathroom behind the commode. I don't mind if the trash outside smells of shrimp for a day or two, or if the air conditioner unit sounds like it fell off on the balcony when it kicks off. But then again, I don't mind being in my swimsuit with my hair a mess all day and only switching to my mu-mu at night, so maybe I'm not a real critical person. But I enjoyed my stay at the Sandpiper Beacon immensely, especially the staff: Keri and Robert. I enjoyed it all, even the rainy days. And if you must leave, you're only a couple blocks from Winn Dixie, etc.

Room Tip: West facing rooms for sunsets are nice, not too hot in the morning. Room 201 was great, close to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome vacation experience with us! We truly enjoyed having you here at the Sandpiper Beacon.

We are so happy you were able to take advantage as well as enjoy all of the on-site amenities we have to offer. Like you said, many of our guests never even have to leave the property!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you back as soon as possible!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited Sandpiper Beacon this year I paid for 8 days stayed for 7 as the room above us was horrible and after long hours out on the beach and pool we could not rest at night! I complained but I do not think anything was done! The value was great if you had kids! I am an adult and do not need face painting, need to watch The Great & Powerful Oz nor care to make Smore's at $3 for three! The lazy river was okay but needed filled as it was supposed to be 3 ft. deep but probably only two! Also, might I add paying for ice is ridiculous even at a quarter! This is a hospitality issue and needs changed ASAP! The other horrible event we tried karaoke one evening but MO MONEY the karaoke DJ was more interested in the drunk women whom looked strung out on crack or some other substance! Every night we noticed this! Also, the music selection for a karaoke DJ is horrible! Not everyone is a bunch of redneck hillbilly's that sing country! Hire a new DJ that actually is "family friendly"!

Room Tip: Choose a room with kitchenette to truly save!~

1 Thank Michael C
HI Michael! Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. We love the photo you shared of you on our giant beach chair!

We appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns. We always take all of our guests feedback into consideration and these issues will be addressed promptly with management to help ensure better stays for yourself, and other future guests alike.

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to have you back at the "Fun Place!" in Panama City Beach very soon! :)
Inwood, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was about the only beachfront resort we could find that accepted pets (up to 10 pounds). Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating, especially Carrie! We really enjoyed our stay and we definitely plan on returning at some point and staying longer. Wish we had found this place earlier during our vacation. The price was very reasonable, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and we had a fantastic view of the beach and sunset.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gayla2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We understand how hard it is to find a beachfront resort that accepts small dogs, so we are very happy you were able to bring your four-legged family member with you on vacation!

We are very pleased to hear that you were provided with comfortable, clean and affordable accommodations, as well as exceptional customer service from our staff! We will be sure to pass your kind words along.

Thank you again for choosing the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort! We look forward to having you back for a longer stay! :)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've stayed 3 times over the years, and the only thing all 3 stays have in common is unfriendly staff. My son loves it because of the indoor lazy river, the slide at the kid's pool, and the activities- it's his favorite place to stay or I'd never set foot in it again after some of the experiences we've had!
During one stay my 10 year old son was injured on the slide- his chin was split open and pouring blood. The employee at the pool didn't budge to help, I had to go and get napkins to hold over the cut and try to stem the flow. I asked for a band aid and he directed me to the office where a guy begrudgingly hauled out a first aid kit, that unfortunately didn't have anything large enough for a split chin, so he informed me I'd have to go to the grocery store and buy something.
Our most recent stay (September 2013) was better than the previous stays in some ways- the room seemed more modern and comfortable-but with the exception of one young woman working at the front desk when we checked in, and a young guy working the ice cream counter late one night, the staff we encountered were in general unfriendly and not very helpful.
I think it is important to also note that "pet friendly" actually means "dog friendly". We showed up one evening after a 12 hour drive with my son's parakeet in a cage, and they refused to let us stay with it. When I asked for a refund since I'd already paid for the room (at this point I was in tears- a single mom 12 hours from home with no idea where to sleep that night, etc) the manager very rudely informed me that a refund would take up to a week to process. So not only could I not stay there, I couldn't have my money back to go stay somewhere else because I had a dangerous parakeet in a cage.
But for the price and what you get (activities, pools, playground, etc) it's a great value and kids love it. Just don't expect doting friendly staff like you'd have at a nicer resort.

• 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SandpiperBeacon, Guest Relations Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with us! We would like to start by letting you know we appreciate you choosing the Sandpiper Beacon for your stay while in Panama City Beach over the past years! We take pride in the fact that most of our guests are returning guests and we do our best to make sure each stay is better than the last.

After reading your review, we were very displeased to hear the lack of exceptional customer service you encountered. One of our main goals is to always provide our guests with nothing less than helpful and hospitable treatment.

We appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns. We take all feedback seriously and use all information from such reviews to help us improve the stays for future guests.

Thank you again for staying at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort! We hope you give us another chance for your future stays in Panama City Beach!
Lynn Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

someone claiming to be the creative director was as rude as can be. didn't get his name but he was middle eastern looking, balding and was full of scabbie looking soars all over his body. asked him a simple question and got a ton of attitude for no reason. other than that delightful man our stay was great.

1 Thank 98yankees