We booked Sandpiper because it had a Lazy River. Splash has one too, but they were booked. We are glad they were - Sandpiper was better. We stayed at the condos - I would definitely recommend this over the villas or the beach house - more space all on one floor, great kitchen for families, plenty of seating, 3 televisions, HUGE walk-in closets, ON THE BEACH for wonderful views, private pool and beach. Best part for our multigeneration family - lots of kid things to do at Sandpiper for the young; the Tiki Bar for the young adults who can drink and do karaoke, and quietness for the older folks who want peace to watch the waves and sunset - but easy walking distance to ALL of the things to do there!
The only downside was parents who did not police their kids as little ones were climbing into the hot tub and climbing on the miniature golf statues and swinging clubs around while others were trying to play. My suggestion to the hotel was to have these areas policed more with people who can actually tell the kids they need adult supervision for some things. There will always be inattentive parents who are oblivious to everything but their cell phones, unfortunately.
We actually looked over Splash while we were there to do a comparison for next year....will go to Sandpiper! Who wants to wait 1/2 hour for a 20-story elevator.
There was plenty of parking for our group. The staff was very courteous and able to assist in a timely manner. Sandpiper is older but we did not feel congested in the condos; they were clean and maid service was excellent. Check out was a breeze - we called, said we were ready to check out, the pleasant young man said, are you leaving now? I said within 15 minutes - he said - DONE! We didn't have to return keys or anything!!
The entire family enjoyed the time and want to do this again. Yes, we will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach