“What a hassle to stay at this place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Monroe, Ga
Reviewed January 3, 2004

I stayed at the Sandpiper Beach "Resort" in October, 2002. We chose the place because of all the amenties for the kids. They have some nice things, like waterslides, a kids playground, hot tubs, lots of pools around, and bars for the adults.But...When you check in, what a hassle this place is. They wanted a deposit for the remote control on the tv! I had to sign numerous documents stating that we would not trash the place. We also had to bring all the kids into the rental office and they got all of their information and then they were instructed to wear wrist bands around the property. I expected to be finger printed at some point and maybe even photographed. The check in process must have taken about 30 minutes. The hotel clerk was nice enough but apparently the hotel has some real anal management who treat their guests poorly. By the way, parking is a real hassle at this place too.When I go on vacation, I don't expect hassles. I get enough of those while I'm working. Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Sandpiper Beach "Resort".

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

Carthage, TN
Reviewed December 30, 2003

Stayed at this dump the week of the Seafood festival October 2003. We 4 adults 2 children rented one of their so called condos for 7 days at a costly $1800.00. No phone in the room, did not work until the last two days we were there, and after complaining for my third time about it the rude rude rude management acted like they were mad at me for saying anything. I swept the whole upstairs and downstairs of the condo with a broom because housekeeping would not vacuum! The reason I had to use a broom was because the vacuum cleaner that was in the condo did not work! The housekeepers are also theives had things come up missing after they had been to so call clean! Nasty rundown and rude sums it up!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chatt, TN
Reviewed December 16, 2003

The Sand Piper beacon was great! I had so much fun staying there Spring Break 2003! The Tiki bar was so much fun and the rooms were also nice.
And also you had so much to do there, either going dancing at the tiki bar, or swimming in the pool or sitting in the hot tub! And last of all its a great place to meet new people and have lots of fun over Spring Break or Vacation.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lexington, Ky
Reviewed December 15, 2003

A great place for spring break! Went last year with 7 girls and loved it!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
IN
Reviewed November 27, 2003

HORRIBLE!!!! The motel does not look anything like the brochures or the pictures on the internet. We looked at two rooms. Both were obviously poorly maintained. The refrigerator door was rusting off. The bathtub was rusty. The outside door was rusty. The room did not feel clean at all. The cabinets were very old and in poor condition. Security had to show us to our room. Did not feel safe here at all. We did not stay here as the rooms were unacceptable, but THEY REFUSED TO REFUND OUR MONEY EVEN AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE MANAGER! DO NOT STAY HERE.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, TN
Reviewed November 17, 2003

1 - EXTREMELY RUN DOWN, this place is a spring break puke palace!!... "WE ARE NOT LIKE OTHER HOTELS - ALL OUR ROOMS ARE SMOKING ROOMS" and the guy was proud of that!! I had to look at three rooms to get one without a horrific odor!2 - WAY WAY WAY OVER PRICED!!3 - THEY LIED ABOUT MY RATE!!! called on the phone two days before I went down & they told me $59 gulf front... I arrived at 1 am Friday nite with my children & the desk freak (tatoos, peircings...) told me "no" "$89/nite" I complained the next morning to the gal at front desk requesting the rate adjustment ... what do you think I got - ******!!4 - DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS - loud rock music from the motel BAR booms thoughout the night.5 - The towels in the rooms are the thin small "pool" towels.6 - The doors have steel KEYS that are not easy to use, and I am a mechanical engineer!7 - Room carpet, decors, bedspreads pillows EVERYTHING looks and SMELLS like it is from the 1970's !!!I am not exagerating about anything. This place will RIP YOU OFF!!!!! HEADS UP!!!

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Murphy, South Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2003

I just wanted to write this to let everyone out there know how wonderful it's been for our family to stay on Panama City Beach at the Sandpiper. We go there often with each time better than the one before.
Our kids just adore the beach and pools where they spend countless hours. Management is obviously taking the extra step to ensure that the rooms are clean and comfortable. With lush palms and tiki huts all over,I'm reminded of our stay in the Bahamas some years back. Anyway...
Thank- You staff and management at Sandpiper. Thank-You for all of the great experiences and many memories!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member