I stayed at the Sandpiper Beach "Resort" in October, 2002. We chose the place because of all the amenties for the kids. They have some nice things, like waterslides, a kids playground, hot tubs, lots of pools around, and bars for the adults.But...When you check in, what a hassle this place is. They wanted a deposit for the remote control on the tv! I had to sign numerous documents stating that we would not trash the place. We also had to bring all the kids into the rental office and they got all of their information and then they were instructed to wear wrist bands around the property. I expected to be finger printed at some point and maybe even photographed. The check in process must have taken about 30 minutes. The hotel clerk was nice enough but apparently the hotel has some real anal management who treat their guests poorly. By the way, parking is a real hassle at this place too.When I go on vacation, I don't expect hassles. I get enough of those while I'm working. Needless to say, we won't be returning to the Sandpiper Beach "Resort".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach