“Memorable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Memorable”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I used to sort of live here. I was working in the Pan Handle and stayed here. Later on I would bring my G/F down for he weekend. What a cast of characters that worked here back in the day. The towels felt like sandpaper, the rooms where....not all that and the restaurant was slow at best at breakfast but I must say if you want to have a good time and not go broke for it this is the place. Great memories here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sailnaked

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon Resort in Panama City Beach, Florida. The rooms were recently renovated and clean and the property was well kept. However, the amenities in the rooms were terrible, no hand towels, no glasses not even plastic cups, no Kleenex, no alarm clock, no hair dryer, no coffee (but we had a coffee maker) absolutely no amenities in the bathroom except soap. When asked about the amenities or lack thereof we were told it was the resort policy not to furnish these items. When we asked to borrow a hair dryer we were charged a deposit as if we were "would be thieves" even though they had my card card information. There was no place to eat on the property even though they advertised a deli that served breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This is NOT a four start resort as advertised and we would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank tjt704
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2016
We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 3 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was so impressed with this place. with my kids (4 and 6) and early feburary i needed heated pools. The staff was so extra nice , the rooms were very clean and nice and had everything we needed . They had so many activities for adults and children, playground, tiki bar and its a huge resort. One of my favorite things were the Snowbirds. they were so much fun and nice. The pools outside and in were more like hot tubs not just luke warm. The hot tub was like a water heater lol. I will go every year we have found our new favorite place in panama city.

Room Tip: I would not really pay extra for beach front view or partial beach view because your so close to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank tfraser3
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Me and two of my friends went to Sandpiper for our college spring break in March. We had a nice room at a very reasonable price and had a great time. The tiki bar is great and food from the deli was too. This hotel has great beachfront and value. You are not paying 800 a night here so do not expect it to have marble countertops. The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. I am planning on returning this March. Highly recommend if you want very reasonable prices, awesome bar/nightclub on site, and you want to be directly on the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank TC516
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 11, 2013

this was a long awaited family outing and we did not want it to go wrong....we followed trip advisor and were really pleased with everything...rooms, service, food and beaches...couldnot have asked for more relaxed time out with family

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank cath b
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Since it was January we wanted a hotel on the beach with an indoor heated pool. The water temp in the pool and lazy river was delightfully warm in the mid to upper 80's but the "indoor" was actually tent like walls so the air was shiver cold when you got out and ran to your room.

When we pulled up to the hotel we thought it was old, but requested a newly renovated room and it was beautiful with new carpets and furnishings, flat screen TV, granite sink counter, new mini/fridge/freezer and mircowave and on the first floor so we could walk right out to the beach. The shower head and water pressure was unusually good for a hotel, most places we go to dribble like a 90 year old man with prostate problems. However, there is a coffee pot but no in room coffee is provided, just free coffee in the mornings in the lobby. Ice costs twenty five cents, and only soap and towels are provided in the bathroom, no shampoo or conditioner. We had to put a towel behind the headboard to keep it from banging the wall if you just rolled over.

Keep in mind this is a family hotel...and teenagers stay up late and whoop it up at midnight while little kids are very excited shouting in excitement when they go out to the beach early in the morning. Maybe if we were on an upper floor, sleeping have been easier. We will ask for it when we go back...and we will, because the good outweighs the bad and the winter "off season" pricing is so reasonable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank TheMaven2u
cookeville, tn
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for a week in June of 2012...it was not a good experience. The only nice thing about this hotel was the tiki bar, which offered family entertainment every day and evening. Our room, on the other hand, was nasty. And once I realized how nasty the room and carpet were, I requested another room. Of course they assured me there weren't any other available rooms. The shower head was extremely short and I had to bend backwards to even get my hair wet (I'm only 5' 6"). When I sat on the commode, my knees almost touched the 1960's looking rusty wall vent. I had to call downstairs every day to request clean sheets. We stayed very active and made the most of the trip, but I will never visit this hotel again. Yuck! This year we have booked a condo through VRBO for around the same price. It is right across the road from Pier Park. My husband even wrote Sandpiper a letter when we got back home...said he just couldn't let it go; but they basically brushed us off. No more Sandpiper for us....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family