“Horrible experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2003

HORRIBLE!!!! The motel does not look anything like the brochures or the pictures on the internet. We looked at two rooms. Both were obviously poorly maintained. The refrigerator door was rusting off. The bathtub was rusty. The outside door was rusty. The room did not feel clean at all. The cabinets were very old and in poor condition. Security had to show us to our room. Did not feel safe here at all. We did not stay here as the rooms were unacceptable, but THEY REFUSED TO REFUND OUR MONEY EVEN AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE MANAGER! DO NOT STAY HERE.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Reviewed November 17, 2003

1 - EXTREMELY RUN DOWN, this place is a spring break puke palace!!... "WE ARE NOT LIKE OTHER HOTELS - ALL OUR ROOMS ARE SMOKING ROOMS" and the guy was proud of that!! I had to look at three rooms to get one without a horrific odor!2 - WAY WAY WAY OVER PRICED!!3 - THEY LIED ABOUT MY RATE!!! called on the phone two days before I went down & they told me $59 gulf front... I arrived at 1 am Friday nite with my children & the desk freak (tatoos, peircings...) told me "no" "$89/nite" I complained the next morning to the gal at front desk requesting the rate adjustment ... what do you think I got - ******!!4 - DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS - loud rock music from the motel BAR booms thoughout the night.5 - The towels in the rooms are the thin small "pool" towels.6 - The doors have steel KEYS that are not easy to use, and I am a mechanical engineer!7 - Room carpet, decors, bedspreads pillows EVERYTHING looks and SMELLS like it is from the 1970's !!!I am not exagerating about anything. This place will RIP YOU OFF!!!!! HEADS UP!!!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2003

I just wanted to write this to let everyone out there know how wonderful it's been for our family to stay on Panama City Beach at the Sandpiper. We go there often with each time better than the one before.
Our kids just adore the beach and pools where they spend countless hours. Management is obviously taking the extra step to ensure that the rooms are clean and comfortable. With lush palms and tiki huts all over,I'm reminded of our stay in the Bahamas some years back. Anyway...
Thank- You staff and management at Sandpiper. Thank-You for all of the great experiences and many memories!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2003

The management at the sandpiperbeacon motel were the rudist people I have ever come in contact with. They were so rude and had no customer service skills what so eve. the owner, where ever or who ever he is, need to send his management on down to customer service 101 about 6 times over!!!!!!! they also need to clean the floors, the carpe was so nasty I had a film on my feet every time I stepped on the floor with out my shoes on. I wil never stay there again & hope if yo want to be treated like humans you will not sty there either. To make things even worse, you can no get a straight answer from the management when you ask who the owner is. He has some bogus address in B'ham alabama. I am so disgusted with that place , we ruined our fall break staying there.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2003

the motel was great i liked it vey muh ilove the twin turbo slides and river ride and roller coaster

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member