Yes it is an older property but we still love it. We have been for fall break twice now and spring break once. I love being on the beach and all the amenities the Sandpiper offers. We have enjoyed watching the movie on the big screen at night. Although my kids are getting older now they had fun on the big slide during the day and enjoying the other kid friendly activities. The family atmosphere in the bar area until 9 p.m. was a shock to begin with but then I realized how nice it was to be able to enjoy a cocktail without having to worry about driving and watching the kids participate in karaoke. And I feel safe letting them walk the property and hang out with new friends we meet. The Sandpiper is very forthcoming about when college spring break is and when family spring break begins. Luckily our kid’s spring break has always fallen in the “family spring break” time. If not Florida period would probably not be a spring break destination for us at all. Our first visit to the Sandpiper, having never seen the hotel, we were disappointed with the room we chose. They were very amiable about upgrading our room, at a nominal charge, to a beach front walk out room. The rooms our budget could afford are a little small for four people but really how much time do you really spend in a hotel room on a beach vacation to Florida! My daughter loves the mall in Panama City Beach. And we have enjoyed going over the bridge to old town Panama to go to antique stores. My son, the fish, just wants to be in one of the pools at Sandpiper at all times. I really love Destin but they do not offer a hotel that we can afford, with all the amenities Sandpiper has to offer. Our last trip to Destin was spent in a high rise 20 floors up looking down at the beach. So we definitely will be back to Sandpiper so we can walk out our sliding door, take a few steps and stand on the deck to watch the sunset over the Gulf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach