We stayed here for my daughter's 20th birthday bash and loved it, so we wanted to come back. Kinda wished we hadn't though. We are here now 12-3-2012. We drove to Destin for some shopping and we got back to our room and it had not been touched. When I called down to the front desk I was told that they do not have house keeping in the off season. We were not told that when we cheked in. So we had to take our own trash out and make our own beds and gather up our twels.
My Mom has bouts were she can't sleep and wanted our porch light fixed so she could go and read on the deck. No one has shown up yet. The housekeeping ladies showed up yesterday (the same ones we were told that would not be there) and then cleaned. THey said they would not be back until Tuesday so we didn't clean our beds off today and they showed up and cleaned half the room. They have list of rules about no drinking around the pool and no animals on or near the pool deck and there was drinking in the hot tub and older folks have thier dogs all over the pool deck. Not to mention the 50 cats wandering all over. There were also dogs on the beach taking a dump and no one there to make sure the poop was picked up. Big disapointment this time. Won't be back. Off season or in season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach