Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$163
$176
$127
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$157
$139
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites PCB Pier Park Area(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Comfort Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortSuites
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
$153
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$107
$93
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

2,318 results
All reviewslazy rivercoconuts restaurantscavenger huntfun placeice cream shoproom suitespring breakping ponghot tubindoor poolshuffle boardputt puttfamily vacationmovie nightacross the streetpanama citylove this place
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Your stay can be great or not so much depending on what you are expecting. Let's start with the rooms. They are very old and outdated with severe shortcomings. Our one bedroom had no way to get the air conditioning into the bedroom (no vents) so the air had to filter through the bedroom door but that was even compromised by the room exit door being in the bedroom thus outside hot air always coming in when someone enters/exits. Thus the bedroom door could not be closed! And the main room was always frigid trying to cool the bedroom. The bed I slept on had such a slant from the foot to the head I had to sleep backwards on the bed. We found roaches in one bed (and a friend found roaches in their bed in another room) and as I write this a small tiny baby roach is crawling across the ceiling. The bathroom is tiny and the tub is a bathfitter plastic shell redo. And certainly don't expect amenities such as coffee maker, hair dryer or workout room. Conversations by guests outside sound as if they are standing next to your bed and with lots of little kids running around yelling it is noisy. Room location can be important because many of the gulf side rooms have obstructed views from tents, tiki bar, various buildings and such. See below for which rooms truly have great beach view. Thus, if you are expecting Westin or Wyndam or even Hampton Inn type accomodations, you will be sorely disappointed. The facility does not have a gym or workout room. So, at 250 dollars a night for one bedroom, you decide if the value is worthy.
The family activities are designed for smaller kids, maybe 10 and under, as are the pools, the lazy river and the small flumes. The grounds are well maintained and clean. Despite the roaches, the rooms were very clean. But the biggest attraction is that wonderful beach. 1000 feet of private white sand beach that had waves big enough for an adult to body surf (a short distance) and the kids were boogie boarding and having a great time on the beach. The large condos and hotel/resorts towering nearby all had their beach areas clogged with people in the water and on the sand, but not our long and private beach. How nice!
Bottom line? If you have smaller kids and family gathering with kids, this could be great place if you aren't particular about the rooms. If you don't have kids and are looking for a nice place to stay, this would not be a good fit, especially at this cost.

Room Tip: Best are the 5th, 6th and 7th floor tower rooms x00-x09 (I don't know what size) as they have great view of the beach, sunset etc. In the main building, if paying for beach side I would make sure to have 3rd story so as not to have obstructed view. The best view were rooms at the far north end of the building, 2nd or 3rd story.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 4 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived on Fri. Sept. the 31st had lunch and went to Alvins Island to shop around and see the alligator and then we went to the pier to play in the sand before going to hotel to check in. We were checking in with a large group (30) of people and the checking in and out went smoothly. There were plenty of carts to use outside of the lobby to transport things from your vehivle to your room. It was probably bc of Hurricane Issac but the Resort was pretty empty Fri and Sat the 1st. The family activites were nice for us. Although I do wish that the activities were held somewhere else besides the Tiki bar, I got a face painting of a dolphin and my daughters (ages 2 & 4) also got a face painting but of a butterfly. There was a nice lady doing balloons also. We were able to take the girls to the movie on the grass area which was The Lorax the evening we were went. They had lawn chairs out to use which was nice even though we brought our own not knowing. There were 2 volleyball areas noone was using on our trip and they were a nice place for our group pics with no background traffic. Free putt-putt also on sight. The room we stayed in was a rm for 4. There were 2 queen beds and a couch (not sleeper) a refridgerator w/ freezer which worked very well. The fridge had ice formed in our bottled drinks it stayed so cold. There was a microwave and a dresser w/ mirror and 1 endtable. Nice enough for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathrooms have been remodeled since we were here 2 years before this and that was a very pleasant surprise! Rm 125 is right behind the arcade room and Shop so theres lots of noise from that oh and I'm a light sleeper and was kept up often by the air conditioner coming on and off so if you could turn it down and turn the fan up you may sleep better. We saved lots of money by bringing food and drinks and snacks with us and eating in the hotel room instead of going out. We found lots of shells and a few sand dollars. One evening a gentleman gave our children a grab her had caught and we lost our sunglasses in the waves (should had known better, lol) but our overall experience was satisfying.

Room Tip: Rm 125 on the groud floor and rooms on same side are right behind the arcade room and the Shop so theres is noise that comes from that. Its also close to an elevator and the front pool with slide. There is however a close hall leading right out to the beachdeck and beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ANK0722
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked our stay online and paid for a gulf front room w no kitchen. They gave us room 585. The beach had an obstructed view because of the roof of the resort in front of it. I would recommend not staying in 'the tower' if you purchase gulf front. BUT, they quickly recovered and gave us room 312.

The front desk is super friendly and helpful. They understand what service means and concierge. The food on sight was fantastic. Next time we would probably get a kitchen room or stay in a villa.

The Polynesian show is fantastic and a must-see.

The beds were comfortable, they had good water pressure in the shower and they have flat screen TVs which always makes me happy. The wifi kind of sucked and was dodgy. They need to invest in a few more routers on each floor.

I always think every resort on the beach should have tile floors. Carpet floors at the beach are just plain gross. We used the sofa couch sheets and bathroom towels the make walkways in the room.

There was no iron.

For the price, it was perfect. The water slides are fun, very fast and you cant beat the closeness to the gulf water.

Final thought: Every time I come to PCB though, I forget that I want to stay at Edgewater Wynndam bc they have Starbucks.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank CaseyMKnox
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I wasn't sure about it after I read the reviews but, my grandson wanted to stay where the waterslides were and we were pleasently suprised with the room. It was clean and had been updated with paint and carpet. We stayed mostly on the beach, we did enjoy the tiki bar, the lazy river was kinda stinky, my grandson said it smelled like stinky feet. After we got home, about a week and a half later, I noticed I had bites all over my body! They itch like crazy, but I'm the only one in our group that has the bites. My doctor said they are probably are bedbug bites, but no one else got them. Go figure.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been going here every year since 2001,my husband and I spent our honeymoon there in 2004.Each year our group grows.This year there was 25 family members there.Age range 8months to 58.What a place for young and old.Games .facepainting,ballon art.Have a good time with family bingo or movie night.Take a ride one of the water slides.Jet ski,sailboating,or rental a cabana and relax in the sun with the wonderful sounds of the ocean.If a nice place for family fun friendly staff and plenty to do Without leaving the property sounds good check out the fun place to be Sandpiper Beacon.And Thanks to everyone at the Sandpiper Beacon for making my 12 trip and my 8th anniversary trip so amazing

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family