“The last vacation for 2011”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Macon, Georgia
“The last vacation for 2011”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We traveled to this location because of the coupon we found in the Florida travel guide, it was our last little vacation for the summer and very happy that we made this choice.
It was the perfect place for families and all the amenities are right there no need to be going out of your way, not even for a late night snack everything is available on the spot.
The weather was very good for the time of the year and it was quiet on the beach which was a big plus, would definitely recommend the Sandpiper Beacon to everyone for the ultimate experience in family vacation at the beach. We will be back that is for sure !!!

Room Tip: The whole experience at the Sandpiper Beacon was terrific, the specials with free nights made it a v...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This property, though dated, is a gem! The amenities make it a great value as you would never have to leave. My children were so engaged in fun activities with the staff, they chose bed over dinner! There were also activities that incorporated the whole family (i.e. scavenger hunt). The property is well-staffed, security is top-notch, and service is untouchable! I would definitely stay here again over any of the newer, fancier, hotels!

• Stayed September 2011
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed here for one night, Sept. 27, 2011. The room was disgustingly dirty, the carpets were so filthy my feet were sticking to them. There were unidentified sticky and wet spots all over it! I found a fake fingernail someone had picked off their hand on the bathroom floor and several on the balcony. The towels were thin and gray, there was mascara on my pillow. The bed was lumpy and sagging and disgusting. The first thing to go on the floor was the bedspread which was disgusting! I ended up staying because it was late at night but slept in my clothes and wrapped in my beach towels. I have never stayed in such a nasty place in my life and to be charged for this filth was an outrage. Don't take your family to this place, they may end up with a strange infection! NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you value you health and safety....
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank DorothyD224
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2016
We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 5 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.
Rhode Island
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We have been home from our vacation for four weeks already but can write this review still because I have nothing but good memories and wish I was back there every day. We went for an entire week with five teenagers, aged 13, 15, 16 & 17. All of the teenagers had a great time as did myself and my husband. The weather was absolutely perfect, the ocean was the nicest I have ever been in and we saw dolphins every morning from our balcony while drinking our coffee. There were some jellyfish coming in but we were told that was common in the fall for that area., The resort had so much to offer to keep everyone occupied at all times. We were fortunate that we spent the 4th week of August so many of the surrounding schools had started and the resort overall was not overly populated. We stayed in one of the condo units which had everything we needed and ate every single meal there for the week except one lunch and one dinner. I am not sure I would have wanted one of the rooms right outside the pools but would suggest the condo to anyone even though it is a little bit of an extra walk. The pools were more than sufficient for all of the us and the pool at the condo was an extra bonus. I didn't find anything to be dirty and we did not have any issues with housekeeping coming to our room each day. We found all of the staff to be very friendly. The only negative I have to say is a waitress that was down in the tiki bar that was overcharging us for the kids drinks. When we questioned the price she was charging us, she made up this big story about why the price is so high and the free activities offered to the kids made up for it. The next day, I confirmed she was overcharging us and confronted her. She did give me back the $10 that I could get her to recall, but cannot say how many times she overcharged us or others in the bar. We were sure to go to the bar to get drinks ourselves after that. That is the only thing that left a negative impression on us and hope that management looked into it. The grocery store does mostly carry microwaveable frozen food so don't count on that for your food shopping but there is a grocery store about a 5 minute walk away. We would all return there any time and hope to do so.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RhodeIslandPumpkin
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I visted the Sandpiper Beacon August 5-7 2011. My experience was very good! Everything right there on the beach! They had lots of different things you could do. They had karoke one night. they had a movie night! They have a bar. They have place where you can get your hair beaded, wrapped, braided just right there where the bar is. They have a pool and hot tub! However the beach had a lot of sea weed in it. Other then that the hotel esperience was great! The staff was very friendly! I am sure if my family and me had to take another trip we would choose this place. It was nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank roawr123
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This reosrt is the furthest thing away from being "family" oriented. It's party central and the rooms are disgusting. Stains all over the carpets and cigarette burns on the kitchen counters. Don't waste your time with this place. Sure it's cheap, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank wjp007
crooksville
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This place is really nice, clean and affordable, Staff very nice, Great food, and lots of fun

Room Tip: even if you get a room with no view of the beach it is still nice and opens to the road and the view...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple