All reviewsgilmore familywatermelonwithin walking distancefree popcornmovie nightacross the streetrooms are cleanfamily ownedfull kitchenprivate balconiesdriftwood lodgebeach barhot tubsun deckwonderful vacationsmall kitchenhome away from home
Reviewed October 12, 2017

When I first arrived the location was a little older from the outside. (it sits next to two new high rises.)I was a little nervous, when I walked in the room it was spotless! I tore the bed apart and cabinets to check for bugs and again it was spotless. The staff is wonderful, from the cleaning staff to the front office. The rooms are all equipped with kitchenettes so that was a major plus. They have family events just about every night. They also have ping pong and corn hole etc for the kids. The price is a fraction of the condos on each of side of them. It sits within a 1/4 mile of Pier Park, and several places to eat. This was our second stay and when we go back to PCB this is where we will ALWAYS stay.

Room Tip: very quiet, very family friendly. We found out the rooms on the end are MUCH largers
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank juliewF5539HH
Driftwoodpcb, Owner at Osprey on the Gulf, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Thank you for staying with us again this year and trusting us with your family’s vacation. I was delighted to read your review, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our resort. I'm flattered that you think it's worthy of your time to write a review!
It made me happy that you and your family enjoyed our activities throughout the property. Our family and team members consider it a privilege to share the beautiful place where we work and live with our guests. We would be thrilled to welcome you back when your travels bring you this way again.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

We have stayed here 2 years in a row and this is our favorite place that we have stayed at over the years that we have travelled to PCB. Guess we found our home! The wind was horrible for two days but the balcony blocked most of it so we enjoyed sitting and watching the waves roll in. I can't think of a single thing to complain about and I don't say that often.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony on the beachside so all are great
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose B

Thank you for trusting us again with your family’s vacation. I was delighted to read your review, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our resort. I'm flattered that you think it's worthy of your time to write a review!
It made me happy to know you feel at home with us. Our family and team members consider it a privilege to share the beautiful place where we work and live with our guests. We would be thrilled to welcome you back when your travels bring you this way again.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Regardless of a recent review, I'm still an Osprey fan. We have been vacationing here for 20 years. The Gilmore family has made an effort to continuously upgrade the property. Easy walk to the beach, Pier Park (only 1/4 mile), great fishing, close parking with security guard/cameras and a great, friendly staff that will drop whatever they are doing to personally assist you. Enjoyable interaction with the other guest. This is a family friendly facility unlike some of the impersonable "high rises" that offer little more that nice curtains. I like it that someone else cleans my room, washes my towels and changes my bed.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Please accept my sincerest thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Driftwood/Osprey. Guests like yourself are delightful to work with and make even the longest days enjoyable.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with other team members of Driftwood/Osprey They too appreciate your feedback and vow to work harder to ensure further excellence in their customer service efforts.
Driftwood/ Osprey is committed to providing its guests with exceptional customer services. Our family and team members consider it a privilege to share the beautiful place where we work and live with our guests. We would be thrilled to welcome you back when your travels bring you this way again.
Thank you once again for your compliment and appreciation.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

I chose The Osprey based on the multiple positive reviews on Trip Advisor but after a six night stay, I cannot understand why more people did not mention the things that I thought were unsatisfactory about the property. Let me start by saying that when I booked a gulf front room for such a reasonable price, I was not expecting luxury by any means. I set my expectations fairly low but apparently not low enough. Having stayed in PCB on recent visits, I know that there are comparably priced hotels/motels in the area that also have clean rooms, amazing gulf views, and friendly staff. I will start with the positive:

Clean property and rooms: Beautiful ocean views with quick, easy access to the sand: Within walking distance to Pier Park and restaurants (approximately .3 miles): Plenty of towels in room: Decent- sized kitchen with full size fridge, coffee maker, microwave , and adequate utensils: Friendly enough staff but did not have a lot of interaction with them while I was there: Large private balconies: Very affordable price for location: Quiet, relaxed atmosphere in late September.

Very dated rooms and furnishings (not surprising because of price):Zero amenities provided unless you count the toilet paper and the two bars of hand soap. No Kleenex, no coffee, no ice machines. They will, however, give you two packets of coffee and exactly two filters if you go to the front desk and ask (coffee made every morning in the lounge but I prefer having in the room). If you want ice, they will sell you a bag for $2 if you, again, go down to the desk, pay your money, and pick up the key to go get it out of the locked ice chest: No window curtains, instead there are cheap plastic vertical blinds that do little to block out light. So be prepared to be awakened early every morning of your vacation (not to mention a decent post-beach nap) by the sunshine: No towels provided outside for pools or beach: Tiki bar okay, decent drinks and prices but food (burgers, hot dogs, nachos, chips) rather low quality and it closes at 5p: All guest are expected to wear an annoying rubber armband throughout their stay, supposedly to take advantage of all the wonderful, nonexistent amenities offered at the property. You actually have to pay a $10 deposit for the armband and room keys (no key cards) upon checking in: No in-room safes: Parking lot very dark at night. Did not feel comfortable going out alone: Sleeping area in room was adequate size but only one small closet and two drawers for storage: Very small bathroom sink, dressing area: Persistent musty smell in fifth floor room, especially in cupboards. I think this is one of the things that bothered me the most (along with the lack of room-darkening curtains).

Conclusion: I think that the owners of this property should spend a few bucks to make some small improvements that would make a big difference. Based on research and many prior
Florida beach vacations, I know I can do better. Will not be staying here again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tdoodle

Thank you for your letter alerting us to the difficulties you had at the Osprey. I regret that you were dissatisfied; we take great pride in offering a quality beach vacation at a fair price. I appreciate you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback. I hope you will consider us the next time your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

As usual we had no surprises awaiting us. Our room was large and clean and we had everything we needed for our vacation. The beach was right outside our door. The room was quiet. Staff was friendly. All and all a wonderful place to stay. But the best thing for me about the Osprey is there are no hidden charges added to your room rate after you arrive. We have stayed all over PCB and this is our favorite!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for trusting us again with your family’s vacation. I was delighted to read your review and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our resort and staff. I'm flattered that you think it's worthy of your time to write a review!