“MY MOST PLEASANT STAY EVER IN PCB WILL BE STAYING HERE AGAIN”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Legacy is in my opinion a great place to stay. The room was very spacious and clean and from the time we walked in to the front desk we felt welcome. For the price and beachfront you can't go wrong with this hotel. We stayed on the 10th floor and the only thing i can slightly complain about would be some loudness from some overly excited guest that where screaming from the balcony which after a call to the front desk it was quiickly stopped and the fact that the bedrooms are on the street side and you can hear the roaring of outside traffic but it is PCB and that comes with the territory. I have stayed in PCB three times on vacation and i have to say my stay at the Legacy was the best vacation ever. It is actually located on the quieter end of front beach rd i felt really safe in this area of front beach.. The housekeeping made sure our room was clean and made sure we had everything we needed..On my next trip back to PCB i will be staying at the Legacy...And for the negative reviews they are very misleading so don't let them discourage from staying at this hotel..it is above average

There are newer reviews for Legacy By The Sea

Reviewed July 31, 2010

The hotel is an above average beach hotel. The rooms appear to be reasonably clean, although they use dark carpet and bed spreads- so you really cant tell how clean it is.
The room service is again adequate, just the basics. They do have a strange quirk here with towels... your only getting 4 large towels and a few hand and wash towels- if you want more you have to take the used ones to the desk and 'exchange' for fresh- not a big deal- just strange and a hassle. Parking is tight- again not a big deal- just park across the street. Breakfast is again very basic- coffee, some bagels, and cereal. Room size is very good- we have 5 people in the room and have never felt crowed. Another benefit is the large refrigerator, stove and microwave- plenty of room to cook.
We would stay here again.

2  Thank catfishstu
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I went to PCB to get a first-hand look at all the devastation spewed forth by the liberal media. It was the exact opposite...beaches are pristine, hotels are "No Vacancy", and businesses are hopping. A fun place to go! Legacy is a well run hotel in an excellent location. Every room is oceanfront so don't worry about the view. I look forward to going back. Make sure to stop as Thomas Donuts for an incredible doughnut. Take a drive along 30A.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Booked a suite for a one night trip with the wife. This property needs a little remodeling, but otherwise is fine. The beds were a little hard, but not so bad that you couldn't get any sleep. For those who like to be on the beach, this property makes up for all its shortcomings by the view it offers from each room. It is amazing. The hotel is a little pricey, but so is every decent place on the beach. It is simply ok, with a great location and great for families or a night away with that special someone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My friend and I went for a quick girl’s weekend getaway. We booked last minute, actually the day of arrival. The person that took the reservation was great and very helpful; I think her name was Tammy. We arrived around 10pm from Atlanta and were given our room quickly although it was rather busy. The room was on the 8th floor literally right next to the elevator. That was fine given most groups in house were families and it was not loud. Don't think I would like this room during Spring Break. The room was perfect for the money, very clean. Nice size bathroom. Balcony was a perfect size for 2 people, 2 chairs, and a table. There was a microwave and coffee maker and a small fridge. Beds were a bit hard and uncomfortable but did get some sleep. Parking was not great; we had to park behind a gas station across the street. Did not seem very safe but it was fine. Our saving grace was Jane at the front desk. Although all of the staff were very hospitable, Jane was fantastic. She was very nice and held her smile under pressure on Sunday morning during checkout and allowed us to have a late check out at noon. She made sure we had everything we needed and also gave us extra shampoo samples and razors. She was so nice. All in all it was a very pleasant experience. I would defiantly stay at The Legacy again over their other 2 properties. Location was perfect and the weather and view and beach were worth the 5 ½ hour drive.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2010

A great place to stay. Great service and great accomodations. Beautiful views and was located right on the beach and close to everything we wanted to do in the city.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I read the reviews on this place *after* making the reservation, and wish I hadn't. I went into it expecting a dump, and nothing is further from the truth. The more I thought about it, and read bad reviews in detail, I should have known they may have been written by folks who are, to put it nicely, difficult to please. Complaining about humidity? Seriously? This is FL! If humidity is an issue travel to AZ. Poor choices at the FREE breakfast? Ummm....let's not forget that it is free, included in the price of the stay anyway. But I digress....

My partner and I decided to get the heck out of dodge and plan a spur of the moment trip to the beach. We left Nashville mid afternoon for the long drive down. Made reservations shortly before leaving, and the phone rep could not have been friendlier. We asked that she make a note that we would be a late arrival (well after 1AM) and to please not give the room away.

Once we made it, the night desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating. He noted the late arrival message on our reservation. We were booked for a King Suite, given room 307. Yes parking was difficult, and limited but that was expected as we arrived so late. Had no problems the following morning finding a spot on hotel property.

On entering the room we were pleasantly surprised. It was large and spotless. The kitchen contained everything one would need for a long stay; dishes/pots/pans/silverware/cooking utensils/stove/oven/microwave fridge/towels/coffee maker-was fantastic. We'd only be staying 2 nights but this suite could well accomodate a small family for at least a week. King size bed was older, but still had some life in it. Did not open the sofa sleeper but was comfortable as a sofa. Bathroom had decent shower water pressure, and again was spotless.

The best part, however, was the amazing balcony. This hotel sits directly on the beach, and the view was stunning, even better with sun up the next day! The balcony had four chairs, 2 tables and room for more. Spent a lot of time out there.

The beach was clean, not crowded and offered amenities such as jet skis, parasailing, banana boat rides and lounger/umbrella rentals. We rented chairs/umbrellas-35 bucks for 2 people, all day, right on the edge of the water. Was fantastic.

The daytime front desk clerk was very friendly-I wish I could remember his name. Shaved head, raspy voice-although easily understood. I had forgotten my toothbrush, he was happy to supply one, and also gave me a fantastic razor, as he saw that I too shave my head. He was very helpful also in recommending places to eat.

The breakfast was sufficient for what it was: fresh fruit (apples), cereal, bagles, mini muffins, yogurt, coffee. If one requires more "protein" or additional food in the am, I would suggest a quick run to the grocery store or mini mart across the street and buy eggs/bacon/bread or whatever- the room has a fully functional kitchen. Don't want to cook? Try the all you can eat breakfast buffet for 9 bucks just down the road. It is not the hotel's responsibility to feed you.

Just a couple of negatives: the toilet would run constantly, had to jiggle the handle to make it stop, not a big deal. The doors to the balcony (yes doors, one from BR and one from LR) didn't seem to click shut-they never blew open but seemed like they may. The king size bed, while acceptable, wasn't the most comfortable. Not pain inducing in anyway, however. After a long day on the beach I imagine I could've fallen asleep on the floor LOL!

Sure, its not the cheapest place to stay on the beach, but as I've said before you get what you pay for. Is it five star? No, but it is a comfortable, friendly, quiet, safe place for a beach vacation. Should I ever be in that area again would not hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple