“Vacation with my Best Freind”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My daughter Bryt and I stayed here to celebrate her graduating High School. It was fabulous. Couldnt ask for a better view of the ocean. We were steps from the beach. And the strip was exciting. We sunbathed, went shopping, ate at Dirty Dick's. The sand was unbelievable. Felt like you were walking on velvet. The staff was the best. The lady at the front desk. I think her name was Ashley. She couldnt of been more helpful. And all around great place to stay while in Panama City.

Debby Adams

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Legacy By The Sea

Reviewed September 20, 2009

Entire property was very clean, all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Wonderful view of the ocean. Only problem was that the room is in need of a new mattress. I understand the property will be updated this off season. Parking is limited. Would definately stay here again.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and we had a pleasant stay. I loved the view of the gulf. Our room was very clean. The Barefoot Beach Club is a great place to eat, good food and good prices and a 10% discount. We would reccomend this place to anyone!

Reviewed September 15, 2009

This is the 2nd year my husband and I have stayed at this hotel. We absolutely LOVE!!!! it. The hotel staff are wonderful and extremely nice. Rooms are very clean and very well priced. We even got the 4th night FREE!!!! The only complaint I have is not enough parking. Will stay here again. Loved the staff!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

How this hotel is rated so high on Trip Advisor is beyond me. Something is not right. In our first room we saw numerous palmetto bugs and roaches. We called the front desk to request another room. It was very obvious that this was not the first time that they had received such a call. They said this was not unusual in Florida and that they would come spray the room. Absolute nonsense. One or two bugs maybe but these were everywhere. We insisted that we be given another room instead which we were provided. We walked into the second room only to find the exact same situation. The minute the light was turned on the bugs were scurrying around. We then requested a refund so that we could find another hotel - no other rooms were available to try out. The attendant said we would have to wait til the morning to speak with a manager about it. After demanding that the manager be called at home and after arguing with him for almost a half-hour we finally received a refund. Have never been treated like that at any hotel. Take my advice and steer way clear of this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank travelingtruth
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Pros - Great views from all Gulf side rooms - Full kitchen area (stove, microwave, fridge) makes eating in easier - Easy access to / from area from beach bypass - Convenient to Pier Park (approx. half mile) shopping with many major retailers (Target, Penney's, etc.) and restaurants (Five Guys, Starbuck's, etc.) - Seems family friendly

Cons - No internet access below the 10th floor and then only wired so make sure you have a Cat5 cable - Breakfast isn't worth the bother (Bagels, Tiny Muffins, Coffee, Cold Cereal) - Front Beach St. noisy at night - Hotel parking is limited and spaces can be difficult to find - Wear something on your feet in the room unless you want black soles from the carpet

1  Thank navigatsio
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Upon arriving at Legacy by the Sea, we were greeted by Karen, who works at the front desk. She was very cheerful and accommodating. She told us about our room and gave us directions on parking.

We went up to our room (on the 14th floor) and it had everything you would need. A king size bed, a kitchenette and a bathroom. Past the kitchenette was the living room with a couch and a gliding chair. There's also a balcony with two chairs and the view was absolutely incredible. All the rooms at Legacy by the Sea have gulf views, which is a big plus. Everything was nice and clean and the AC worked REALLY WELL.

Even though Legacy was probably at 80 percent capacity, it was actually very quiet. I never noticed much noise, even during the day. The staff was incredibly nice, especially Karen, who went out of her way to make sure everything we needed was taken care of.

I didn't get a chance to eat at Barefoot Beach Club which is located next door. This is also where I parked, due to my schedule and all the parking spaces being taken when I arrived back at my room at night. The walk from Barefoot to the Legacy is maybe 50-100 feet. Not much of a walk at all if you've ever stayed at a large hotel.

Overall, I'd give it 4.5 stars out of 5. It's a great value for the money.

On a personal note, I wish the hotel was smoke-free. Nothing like going out on the balcony for some fresh air, only to have it invaded by a continuous chimney of nicotine obnoxiousness one floor down.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple