“Great!!”

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family has stayed at Legacy for 3 years now. We have stayed in a lot of the nicer hotels and resorts, and the penthouse at Legacy is one of our favorites. Spacious, clean, and reasonably priced. Only downfall is washer and dryer are shared by others on the same floor. But overall, it is a great hotel, and I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lauren M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
South Point, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

First trip to Florida an to the Legacy by the Sea, first thing I noticed was how clean an well keep it was. Each room is ocean front an well maintained. The location was great an the free breakfast was standard. Parking was tight but the cost of the room was awesome when u budget your vacations! Will defiantly be back next year!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tonya N
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review and passing the word along about how great your stay was. Can't wait to have you back!
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean and had a kitchen for cooking small meals. The view is amazing and there are chairs for rent right in front. We enjoyed our stay and will be back. Only bad part was breakfast, it's crazy.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank MrsRobinson3
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and our 2 sons (age 22 & 19) had a terrific time staying at The Legacy.
Everyone was super nice and so friendly. We usually go to Daytona Beach for a week but we decided to try Panama City in May of this year. We kind of stepped out of our comfort zone. Everything about the room was perfect. We had a King Suite so naturally my wife and I got the King bed. Our sons were very happy with the pull out queen sofa bed. We had plenty of room and we actually got the 12th floor as requested. I want to thank all of the staff for taking care of us. Even the person-(Kayla) that originally booked us was very nice and helpful. She informed us of a special that we took advantage of. We were within walking distance of a lot of things and a couple of mile from Wal-Mart & Target. Thank you Legacy for everything. Whoever writes bad reviews are obviously never going to be satisfied with anything and just like to be-moan everything. I know we will go back to the Legacy soon. I can't wait and neither can my wife. Thank you from the Jackson Family!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We liked the higher room for the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Milton J
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Milton J,

Thank you for trying out Panama City Beach and even more importantly trying out our resort the Legacy By The Sea. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found everything about your room to be perfect! Can't wait to have you back Jackson Family!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I have come to Legacy for the past couple of years in late August for our Anniversary. I swore last August (2013) I would write a review as soon as we got home and I simply forgot. We are now planning our third trip to PCB and of course planning to stay at Legacy and this will be our 10 year anniversary!!!!!!!!! I have been looking over reviews to make sure we are making the best choice for our big anniversary, even though we already have made a reservation at Legacy, and I have been so pleased to see all the wonderful reviews and even more thrilled to see the Legacy Sales Director responding to the reviews. I am in customer service/sales myself and that means a lot.

Please understand my comments are from nearly a year ago I am confident they still hold true. We have always had ex

Room Tip: Higher floor units have the best views!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie V
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Melanie V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your wonderful stay with us! We certainly strive to provide superior service to our guests. It's fantastic to hear that you will soon be celebrating your 10 year anniversary; congratulations! We are delighted that you have selected the Legacy to be your accommodations for such a joyous occasion! Let the festivities begin!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We arrived at the Legacy Hotel on June 23rd. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was very courteous, and checked us in. We arrived in the room, and were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, and the layout. I did make mention to my wife that it would be nice if the bedroom side was next to the ocean and not the living area.

The next morning, we went to the lobby for the complementary continental breakfast. The breakfast consisted of do it yourself waffles, bagels, donuts and cereal. Talk about a mad house. There was a line for what we eventually found out was the waffle maker. Two people came down and went around the line and began to grab bagels. Another lady jumped out of the line and began to yell at the couple for being line jumpers. A fight nearly broke out, but was calmed down before anything truly began. Overall we decided we would come down late for breakfast just to miss the action. The way breakfast is served can be ran a little differently to prevent such confusion, and much less anger with the guest. One more note with the breakfast, the lady who kept the breakfast stocked was busy, but also very rude. I would say that she could use a vacation to be a little happier.

Next thing that I believe they need to change it the WIFI they have at the facility. I stayed at an Econolodge, and received free WIFI. I arrived at Legacy and paid $23.00 for a weeks worth of WIFI access. The WIFI I received at the Econolodge was much faster, and stayed connected. Legacy could fork up the money and provide free WIFI to their guest. If McDonald's can do it, so can they.

Final complaint I have is that they could spend more time observing what happens at the pool. One day we were there, and numerous children were there, unsupervised. They were diving in the pool and jumping near people, blatantly ignoring the rules.

Overall the stay at the hotel was ok. The last night, people were setting off fireworks until 2 a.m., which became quite annoying when we had to leave early. The location is right on the beach, and near Pier Park. They made a deal with the restaurant next to them to provide free food delivery to the room as well.

Overall I would love to see a few changes as the hotel, and they would be a top notched place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Bleedblue83
Dear Bleedblu83,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you were very pleased with our cleanliness, room layout and courteous staff. Thank you for the suggestions about breakfast, wifi and pool supervision. We take these reviews very seriously and will be sharing your comments with our Management Team. We thank you for your feedback and hope you'll be staying with us again soon!
Fort Benning, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The below people are high. This hotel is horrible. The rooms are dirty, the A/C's barely work, parking is almost non existent, unless you want to park across the street behind a questionable looking convenience store. The pool is a joke, and someone crapped on the pool deck. The ice machines don't work, and the front desk told me to go across the street to buy a bag of ice. The street noise is so loud you can barely sleep. The balconies are rendered useless by the exhaust of the A/C's that is vented outside. Breakfast is a nightmare of a process. If you live in trash, than this place will be suitable for you.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank chris_davis861
Diana17101, Director of Sales at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Chris_davis861,

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I'd like to address a few of your concerns. Our ice machines do work. We actually have several throughout the building located on various floors. Perhaps they were out of ice at the moment, working to generate more for our guests to enjoy. If filling up a cooler it is best to purchase a bag from the convenience store just across from the hotel. Usually about $3-4 a bag. I apologize if this recommendation was interpreted in any ill fashion. It's unfortunate that you were not pleased with your beachfront balcony as this is what so many of our guests enjoy about our suites along with our fully equipped kitchens. Our pool is beachfront. We also have a beachfront hot tub. Our maintenance department keeps this area as well as the entire property very clean. I'm sure the incident you mentioned was cleaned up quickly.

It would have been nice to have the opportunity to address your concerns in person during your stay but perhaps you will give us another try if you return to Panama City Beach, FL.