“You won't find a better value!”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“You won't find a better value!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I just returned from a fall getaway at Legacy by the Sea and it was wonderful. The location is fantastic. Being on the water and close to Pier Park was wonderful. The staff was excellent. Our housekeeper took great care of us and the front desk staff was helpful as well. The rooms could use some updating and the they could also stand to buy a couple of more waffle irons, as that was the most popular breakfast item, but for the price we paid it was a great vacation.
They do provide baking sheets, storage containers, utensils, a pitcher, etc., for use with the kitchenette. The continental breakfast was great. The pool and hot tub have lift chairs for those with physical limitations. It was just an overall wonderful experience and I hope to be able to return to this hotel for any future trips planned for Panama City Beach.

1 Thank NancyAlexis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in first visit to Panama City Beach. The hotel is all rooms with kitchenettes and all face the fabulous beach with a balcony. Rooms are nice and spacious and clean which is a bit unique for a beach resort hotel.

The beaches outside the hotel are fantastic with white, powdery sand and the usual amenities of the beach with umbrellas, chairs, rental kayaks and so forth.

The two major complaints are the parking is just not adequate for the facility. There are a number of spots at the entrance and more at the street level but then you have to park across the street behind a strip mall if you can't find one at the hotel. The other problem was the in-wall A/C unit in the bedroom just ran continuously unless you shut it off. The thermostat control would not shut it down when you reached the temp desired.

All in all on a future trip, I might try the larger hotels down the street.

Phil Brougham

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Phil B
Salem, Alabama
Reviewed September 12, 2013

our trip was wonderful, excellent and helpful staff! very clean! lost my tablet, was worried sick and called them about 30 times and each time they were sweet and courteous, they never got aggravated with me. I did find my tablet after all and just want to thank y'all. will be staying again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank niki5351
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have stayed here before and were glad to return again. Everything about ths place is outstanding...EXCEPT the parking (I'll talk about that in a moment). The staff is friendly and helpful. Even the maintenance workers we crossed paths with during our stay were friendly. The room was extremely clean, and kept that way by the cleaning staff. This is not a 5-star hotel, nor does it claim to be, but I believe it rates higher than it claims. Location is great, very close to Pier Park and several other attractions. Overall, I highly recommend this place as a great place to stay.

Now...for the ONLY negative comment...the parking situation can be a problem. Most of the time, we've had no problem with parking. However, during this stay, we had to search for parking elsewhere. We eventually found parking at the adjacent properties. The extra parking lot is behind a convenience store across the street. I would not leave my car there! The lot felt very unsafe...not a place you want to leave your car (and all it's travel contents) on vacation. Unfortunately, the parking situation may cause me to stay elsewhere next time. :(

1 Thank truefun
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family and I stayed for a week in August 2013. First impression was exactly as I saw it online. The rooms were very neat and clean. It was awesome to have kitchen facilities to use instead of eating out all the time. This was our first time to visit Panama City Beach Florida. I searched out tons of other placees and kept coming back to this one. Price was great for what you got and right on the beach. Can't beat that anywhere. We will definately return and stay here again. Staff was very helpful. We loved the area as far as shopping and eating. Walmart was very close which was great. Nothing super fancy but it met our needs. Could expand breakfast to wider variety of things. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting great price, right on the water and full kitchen imminities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheri M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here the last week before Spring Break season began. The place truly "blew up" the morning we were leaving but I found it fascinating since I'd not ever had the opportunity to experience a true Spring Break in Florida. The rooms were old but clean, no complaints as it was a value when funds were too tight to stay at the more posh resorts I am used to. Staff were pleasant but I could definitely tell the difference the morning we left. Keep in mind if your traveling during those peak seasons that every person there expects the staff to be their personal butler at a moments notice and that just isn't possible. Here's where they get all the kudos..... About 2 days after returning home I realized I didn't have my jewelry. My friends didn't have it mixed in their luggage either. Just by chance I called the hotel, praying they found it and kept it safe for me. The person I needed to speak with wasn't working that day but eagerly called me back the next day. They did have my jewelry and a few other items I'd not even realized were missing yet. The jewelry contained 4 diamond rings all worth over $1000 each, diamond earrings and necklaces. Most had belonged to my mother who passed away 2 years earlier. I was very upset at my own negligence! Every item was shipped back to me promptly! Thank you Legacy!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank J-pacs
Cleveland,TN
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We dediced to extend our stay and the beach one more night..so we checked out of our condo and were able to get a room very early at the Legacy because it was off season. The room was big and had a living room kitchen and 2 queen beds. We were very happy with it and the staff was excellent! Yes it is alittle dated but it was comfortable. The location is great right down the road from Pier Park. They have a free continental breakfast which was nice. We would definitely stay here again..cant bet the price