“WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN!”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed on the 6th floor in a double suite (a family of 5). Our three daughters had the two beds (street side) while my husband and I slept on the sleeper sofa (beach side). I am not picky where I sleep, just give me a roof over my head, and I'm happy --- The only time I am in my room is to eat and sleep, so it was not a problem to give our children the beds while we had the sleeper sofa ... we even propped the door of the balcony so we could hear the ocean at night! The girls had their TV to watch at night in their room and we had ours.

The room was VERY clean! We went to Walmart to buy food after we arrived (it's about 1.5 - 2 miles away). We had a full size fridge, coffee maker, stove, oven, microwave and it pretty much felt "like home" ... and although they offer a complementary breakfast, we were happy staying in our room drinking our own coffee, eating waffles, bagels, and cereal each morning off the balcony and avoiding the breakfast lines down in the lobby. They do have signs for buying "Wi-Fi", but we turned our Wi-Fi off on our phones and they worked just fine for FREE! So, check this option before you purchase it.

Maids brought fresh towels to us daily, emptied trash, restocked toilet paper/Kleenex, and made the beds (as long as valuables/belongings weren't on them when we left). We were there 3 nights and they vacuumed the room once (as we had brought in some sand one evening). The showers are HOT and the water pressure is wonderful, which is nice for a hotel! The only problem I found was that the tub was slow to drain (which I assume is from the sand). There is an outside shower/hoses to rinse yourself off of before you come into the basement/elevator area, but ... believe me, the sand will find its way INTO your swimsuit, so don't undress in your room ... wait until you are in the shower! We had two A/C units (one in the living room, one in the bedroom and they both worked great!)

You can rent umbrellas/wooden double deck chairs/thick pads for $40.00 the 1st day. They drop the price down to $30.00 for the 2nd day and so on. The guys name was Mark. He was really cool and we enjoyed visiting with him. Bring your own beach towel as these are not provided. They do have "pool towels", but they for the pool area only. They also have a Jacuzzi which is nice and hot!

If you forget ANYTHING, they have a place called SUNMART directly across the street ... Go there! If you plan on drinking coffee in your room, bring your own with filters ... We also bought Aloe-Vera gel, paper towels and their prices were reasonable at the convenience store. Also, bring a flash-light ... we went hunting for baby crabs at night with our teenage daughters and had a blast!

The store next door to SUNMART is called HEATWAVE. They have everything! Boogie Boards, floats, nets to catch sea shells, swimsuits, etc....Don't think you have to pack it all ... they are equipped for the vacationer and if you left something at home, you can find it there! They are open until midnight, too!

We walked to Pier Park (.75 mile across the street) one day ... It was wonderful. Lots of shops/restaurants. We ended up back on the beach side at a place called Hook'D. EXCELLENT food and it's a hole in the wall - kind of place ... Our waiter, Dennis, was superb. We had blackened shimp tacos, black beans/rice, tuna dip/jalapenos, coleslaw, and white chocolate/key lime pie for the dessert. --- Would definitely eat there again. They played 70 - 80's classic rock which made the atmosphere all the more fun!

Also, parking is limited at Legacy ... However, go below to the parking garage ... It seemed that not many people knew about it and we always found a spot there (out of the sun!). It was raining the day we left, so that was a plus as we were covered while loading our luggage.

The beach area was never crowded....and it seemed that we were one of the few families there with teenagers. It was mostly retired couples, or couples with smaller pre-school aged children. Maybe because it was August and back to school season?

All and all a great fun family vacay, and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room above the palm trees, if not, your beach view may be obstructed.
3  Thank Cindy D

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been staying at the by the Sea Resorts since I was a kid, I am now 22 and won't stay anywhere else in Panama City Beach! The staff is always EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, I even got a complimentary upgrade on my room for the trouble I had to go through with my last stay (we had to swap rooms mid stay because of wanting to stay another night and the room type we were in was booked full). The view from any of the rooms is amazing, the rooms are always clean and up kept every time I have been. Legacy is by far my favorite of the 3 resorts (being Legacy, Beachcomber and Beach Break), but all of them are great. It's in a perfect location and easy to get in and out of. For the price too with a full kitchen, you can't beat it anywhere beach front on Panama City Beach! I will definitely continue to stay with them for years to come. Oh, and the breakfast was great too along with the Barefoot Beach Club next door (awesome drinks!!!)!!

1  Thank Heather N
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great stay at "Legacy" in Panama City Beach FL. The room was clean and fully equipped.....decent breakfast bar....and an awesome view of the Gulf from our balcony!!!! Staff were very friendly and helpful....and the beach was just steps away from the hotel!!! The only complaints I have are on the laundry facilities and the wifi package. I found it was way too expensive to wash the clothes here...the machines were old....and it took three rounds (@$2.00 a pop) to fully dry my clothes....I finally gave up and brought my damp clothes upstairs to dry on the balcony. Also, the wifi package will only support one device....I registered my husband's laptop....then tried to use the wifi from my iPhone with the proper credentials and it blocked my device. Other than those two issues...the stay here was awesome....I do plan to come again with my family!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family just returned from our vacation in PCB. We stayed in Legacy by the sea.

Good: Location and nice friendly staff.

Bad: Every day we killed a couple of cocroaches in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. (My son found a small baby cochroach in his bed) One of the most disgusting things you can have in a hotel. The carpet was old and dirty, it looked like nobody cleaned it for years. If you walk barefoot, your foot will turn black. The sofa bed is sooooo old and dirty, we had to cover it with a blanket to be able to sit on it. Bed bases were also old and stained.

Guests are smoking and drinking alcohol near the pool. These people absolutly don't care about other guests and kids. Every morning some guests put their towels on the chairs near the pool to reserve them and then they disappear for half a day, leaving their towels tanning on a chair while other people have to stand or sit on the floor near the pool. This is total disrespect.

We liked PCB and we will return to it, but we will choose a different hotel.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

View was beautiful location was great but the room needed some updating but could have been bearable except the smell ended up cutting the stay short may suggest checking the room out before unloading everything besides that we mostly stayed busy and out of the room plenty to do! Never did really use the kitchen except to make lunch.

Room Tip: 4th floor was not bad could use stairs when elevators were slow view was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sue h
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a 2 double bed room with a kitchen. Our room was clean - especially the bathrooms and kitchen. Limited kitchen supplies with 4 cups, plates, bowls, but 2 spoons and 8 forks. Thankfully there was a can opener since we brought food to eat breakfast/lunch in the room and I'd forgotten to pack one.

The breakfast room is way too small for the amount of rooms. We didn't bother waiting in line for the Waffle maker - just grabbed a few bagels.

The couch was terribly uncomfortable and could definitely do with an upgrade. Mattresses were a little too firm for me, but not for my husband or kids.

Room walls are very thin, but we always travel with a small box fan for white noise so I only heard the neighbors during the day.

We would stay again since the price was right and a great location!

ONE thing....hated Sharkey's -- Terrible food for the prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cowbelle87
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had booked the Legacy for one night. Decided to add a second night and the clerk first gave me an outrageous rate....After I told her no, she "asked her boss" and I received a lower rate.

Great ocean view from all rooms; ripped carpeting in living room; Clean kitchen and bathroom.
NIce to have 2 flatscreen tv's and door dividing bedroom from living area/kitchen. Basic cooking items provided. Parking wasn't a problem for us during the week. Breakfast was very basic with bad layout.

Considering price of other hotels that were directly on the beach and available, we were happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: High floors to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple