“Love the by the Sea Resorts!”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Love the by the Sea Resorts!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been staying at the by the Sea Resorts since I was a kid, I am now 22 and won't stay anywhere else in Panama City Beach! The staff is always EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, I even got a complimentary upgrade on my room for the trouble I had to go through with my last stay (we had to swap rooms mid stay because of wanting to stay another night and the room type we were in was booked full). The view from any of the rooms is amazing, the rooms are always clean and up kept every time I have been. Legacy is by far my favorite of the 3 resorts (being Legacy, Beachcomber and Beach Break), but all of them are great. It's in a perfect location and easy to get in and out of. For the price too with a full kitchen, you can't beat it anywhere beach front on Panama City Beach! I will definitely continue to stay with them for years to come. Oh, and the breakfast was great too along with the Barefoot Beach Club next door (awesome drinks!!!)!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great stay at "Legacy" in Panama City Beach FL. The room was clean and fully equipped.....decent breakfast bar....and an awesome view of the Gulf from our balcony!!!! Staff were very friendly and helpful....and the beach was just steps away from the hotel!!! The only complaints I have are on the laundry facilities and the wifi package. I found it was way too expensive to wash the clothes here...the machines were old....and it took three rounds (@$2.00 a pop) to fully dry my clothes....I finally gave up and brought my damp clothes upstairs to dry on the balcony. Also, the wifi package will only support one device....I registered my husband's laptop....then tried to use the wifi from my iPhone with the proper credentials and it blocked my device. Other than those two issues...the stay here was awesome....I do plan to come again with my family!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Ottawa
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family just returned from our vacation in PCB. We stayed in Legacy by the sea.

Good: Location and nice friendly staff.

Bad: Every day we killed a couple of cocroaches in the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. (My son found a small baby cochroach in his bed) One of the most disgusting things you can have in a hotel. The carpet was old and dirty, it looked like nobody cleaned it for years. If you walk barefoot, your foot will turn black. The sofa bed is sooooo old and dirty, we had to cover it with a blanket to be able to sit on it. Bed bases were also old and stained.

Guests are smoking and drinking alcohol near the pool. These people absolutly don't care about other guests and kids. Every morning some guests put their towels on the chairs near the pool to reserve them and then they disappear for half a day, leaving their towels tanning on a chair while other people have to stand or sit on the floor near the pool. This is total disrespect.

We liked PCB and we will return to it, but we will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed August 8, 2013

View was beautiful location was great but the room needed some updating but could have been bearable except the smell ended up cutting the stay short may suggest checking the room out before unloading everything besides that we mostly stayed busy and out of the room plenty to do! Never did really use the kitchen except to make lunch.

Room Tip: 4th floor was not bad could use stairs when elevators were slow view was perfect
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sue h
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a 2 double bed room with a kitchen. Our room was clean - especially the bathrooms and kitchen. Limited kitchen supplies with 4 cups, plates, bowls, but 2 spoons and 8 forks. Thankfully there was a can opener since we brought food to eat breakfast/lunch in the room and I'd forgotten to pack one.

The breakfast room is way too small for the amount of rooms. We didn't bother waiting in line for the Waffle maker - just grabbed a few bagels.

The couch was terribly uncomfortable and could definitely do with an upgrade. Mattresses were a little too firm for me, but not for my husband or kids.

Room walls are very thin, but we always travel with a small box fan for white noise so I only heard the neighbors during the day.

We would stay again since the price was right and a great location!

ONE thing....hated Sharkey's -- Terrible food for the prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cowbelle87
LOL, FL
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had booked the Legacy for one night. Decided to add a second night and the clerk first gave me an outrageous rate....After I told her no, she "asked her boss" and I received a lower rate.

Great ocean view from all rooms; ripped carpeting in living room; Clean kitchen and bathroom.
NIce to have 2 flatscreen tv's and door dividing bedroom from living area/kitchen. Basic cooking items provided. Parking wasn't a problem for us during the week. Breakfast was very basic with bad layout.

Considering price of other hotels that were directly on the beach and available, we were happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: High floors to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarbMLol_Fl
Lewisport, Kentucky
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We arrived early for check in with another couple. When we made our reservation 4 months in advance we ask to be near this couple.. We told the front desk that we didn't mind waiting for our rooms together, we knew we were early, Well need less to say we did not get our rooms together an the other couple we were with had to check out the next day and check back into another room . We had to keep there luggage in our room from 10:00 to3:00 and we couldn't go anywhere our second day until the other couple got there rooms straight. Pain in the butt. And they were not nice at the desk to our friends. The rooms were old but clean the view was great the water was wonderful. Nice shopping and ,great food, good drinks . Go to sharky's just a couple of doors down they had great food for a good price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family