“Rude Help”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Breakfast Is set up awkward the only trash can is where people are getting their breakfast.
The other thing is they make you pay for Wi-Fi $3.99 for 1 hour its free everywhere else .The lady who takes care of Breakfast is very rude acts if you are in her way .someone threw up in the pool and they had known for quite sometime .I went to the desk again because no one had come to stop others from going in . The desk clerk Karen her badge said snapped at me and said maybe they are trying to do 10 jobs like me . If you feel that overwhelmed you need a new job! Not only is that grouse but it could make someone very sick

3  Thank Rhonda B

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed a week and had a good experience at Legacy By The Sea; we will return. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of my suite. I had read a few negative reviews regarding cleanliness, so upon arrival, I did a thorough inspection of my suite. Floors, mattresses, box springs, furniture, bathtub, microwave, etc--all super clean. I was so impressed that I asked the housekeeper her name and tipped her when I found out that she regularly took care of this suite located on the 2nd floor. She was a great housekeeper with a beautiful, cheery smile--Marsha Ann or Mary Ann was her name. I continued to inspect the rest of the hotel for the remainder of my visit---crazy, but just something that I enjoy doing. I watched employees clean the pool and hot tub every morning, I saw carpet being CLEANED, windows being washed, and even the elevator walls being cleaned. Apparently, management has emphasized cleanliness.
The free breakfast was a plus-homemade waffles really attracted people and smelled SO GOOD. Expect cereal-(Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops), fruit, yogurt, bagels with cream cheese various doughnuts, muffins, coffee, juice, and milk. It was very convenient, BUT the layout of the breakfast area was all wrong. I'm surprised they haven't noticed this. The layout of the serving area interfered with "traffic flow." The 2 waffle irons were side by side causing 1 long waiting line--one should be at each end of the counter, so 2 lines can be formed.. The trash is by the 2 waffle irons, so everyone who has to throw something away has to break in the waffle line to get to the trash. The trash should be adjacent to the breakfast area to reduce traffic. To make the line even more congested, the breakfast supply room was located right next to the waffle irons so......the breakfast worker had to cut through the waffle line every time she needed more supplies! The lady who stocked breakfast items always appeared "annoyed" for having to work---like she didn't enjoy her job. The front desk was courteous and helpful. We ate at the Barefoot Beach Club every night--this grill is a HUGE asset to the hotel. The prices were reasonable, and the food was always great--try their nachos and baked oysters--Pina Coladas were probably the best I ever tasted. Strawberry Marguritas were not so good. Service was excellent with the exception of our first night. Our waitress was an older woman who appeared to be annoyed whenever we asked questions or asked her for anything. She rarely came back to the table to empty the ashtray or see if we wanted a refill. Plus, she was slow as Christmas. She did not make a good impression. All the other nights, we made sure to avoid her section, and we requested a particular server, but I don't remember her name. She gave us great service, and the tips we left let her know it! The location of the hotel was perfect--once we parked our car, it rarely moved. We walked across the street to Sun Mart--a convenience store that also had a deli with cheap subs, pizzas, and beer. They also had beach items like chairs, umbrellas, etc. Be prepared to pay a fee to use the chairs on the beach--we pd. $150 for the week. We walked to Gulf World and got a 20% discount because we were staying in the hotel. (Get there when they open @9:00) Last but not least--Parking is horrible! Be prepared to park across the street behind the convenience store I previously mentioned. When we arrived, it was raining cats and dogs, and of course, I was the one who had to go park the car after we unloaded and walk back across the street in the rain, which I did NOT enjoy. I watched for an open parking space on subsequent days and finally got to park under the hotel which was good. All in all, Legacy by the Sea was a great place for my family to stay. No hotel is perfect, and you can't control everything. We will be back next year, but this time.....we want the penthouse suite and want to stay for 2 weeks!!!

4  Thank Kaydee C
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I Come back Monday . The personnel is work there during the day Karen, Cindy and Greg are very professional and friendly .I love when somebody is give a big smile. My check in was 1.5 min is awesome. The room was excellent clean and full furnished. The kitchen was clean and complete. You have a toaster and coffee maker . I bring my magic bullet I made my frozen drinks too. The room have 2 bed and 2 units the air conditioning. ONE TIP NEVER EVER TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONING .The view is incredible. The housekeeping Canda she make a excellent touch up at my room . The crew at the night Cindy, Ashleig and Andrea help me with the knowledge about the place supermarket and stores close to the hotel.In the morning the breakfast i was waffles , cereal ,yogurt, bagels, orange and apple juice , referents kind of tea, muffins, donuts, Is only two machine you have to take a little patience because everybody like waffles, coffee. The mini gym is across the breakfast area . you have a walking machine and bike . The swimming pool is huge same the Jacuzzi . The beach is white soft sand . They charge for use the chair and umbrella but you can bring yours. The water is clear cold and you see amazing species little fishes with the goggles . excellent for snorkeling. I came for Orlando was my first time in that area was the mos amazing mini vacation my husband and I . The internet is charge for hour, day or week . I went to disconnect the world was excellent for us . I went to this paradise for relax and fun. Thank you very much for everything you guys .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maria P
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose the Legacy this year over Beachbreak(which we stayed at last year) because of the location. The Beachbreak was wretched, my husband said it reminded him of the barracks he used to live in when he was in the military. Anyway, the Legacy was a huge upgrade, clean room, very spacious, and the ability to section off the room to the beds and the sitting room, and two tvs, excellent for the kids to watch something while the adults can watch something else. The beds, not that comfortable but still better than the other hotel. Better off just skipping the breakfast. It's too small of an area for as many guests trying to get a donut or bagel. Parking is difficult if you come in later at night, but the lot behind SunMart is well lit if you need it. We found the staff to be pleasant. The hotel manager has a cool parrot named Frankie and is great for pictures with the kids if you run into him. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view.
4  Thank ShanO4177
Reviewed June 16, 2013

One of the biggest issues we had were how dirty the floors are. After walking in your room for just a little while, the bottoms of your feet turn black. We had to put many bath towels down on the floor to form a walkway around our room! While the view of the beach is nice, that's pretty much impossible to screw up. The employees could have been more friendly and I don't know where they found that breakfast lady from but they need to return her....very rude and short with guests. And $40/day to rent beach chair/umbrella is a little too much in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend anyone to stay here based solely on the filthy floors...ive never stayed anywhere this bad in all my trips to the beach!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Afang1
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We just got home from our week stay at Legacy. Very misleading. When we called and booked we were told of all the discounts that we would get from other places by just showing our key. 20% off Gulf World, Kids will eat free at the next door Barefoot Tiki Bar, so much off helicopter rides, etc. Once we arrived and went to eat next door we were told they no longer offer those discounts and haven't seen last year. Next day we made a visit to gulf world were we are told the same thing. They even had signs in elevator showing all places that offer discounts for staying at legacy and NONE of them did it anymore. Very frustrating that they lie to just get you to stay there.

The hotel was okay. Not the cleanest I've ever stayed in. Staff seemed very nice although we didn't have much connections with me. Breakfast was a joke. Waffles and cereal and there was always a hung line and no place to sit. After second day we went and bought breakfast food at walmart and just made it in our room.

Overall, the location is wonderful but I can't say I would ever stay at this hotel again!

2  Thank momma2two
Kristen C, Public Relations Manager at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I believe you spoke with a member of our reservations team via online chat this weekend concerning our Passport to Play Discounts. All discounts have been verified with our partners as of yesterday morning. The management team at Gulf World was contacted and they assured as that, as always, our discounts are being honored. We pride ourselves on offering discounts to area attractions, dining and shopping.
The breakfast lines are typical of any resort. Unfortunately, it takes a little longer to make fresh waffles than our guests would like.
Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Had you brought the issues up during your stay we would've been more than happy to help.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Finally arrived...

"We need to charge you $172 for exceeding room capacity" reluctantly, "ok"... Which I had to later have reversed because they charged our children as adults... We did not exceed capacity.

"I believe there has been a mistake, we booked a Non-Smoking room"... "Well, did you book through Legacy by the Sea, or a third party" "A third party" "Oh, we don't guarantee requests by third party travel sites" "I don't consider non-smoking a request" "We have no other rooms available, here is a bottle of Odor-Ban"... I had to go back for bug spray after I killed 3, yes 3 cockroaches in our room.

Smaller complaints - full beds rather than queens, no dvd players, $10.99/day for wifi?! Old school a/c units pull in smells from outside, which stinks when they put you on a smoking floor against your will.

You can park in 4 different areas because they don't have enough parking to accommodate for the number of rooms. In front (never available) basement garage (if your car will fit through the tiny maze) across the street (hardly ever available) or a block away behind the convenience store (Hope you have good weather and nothing to carry)

Breakfast is from 7-9 am. The breakfast prep area is not large enough to accommodate for the number of guests and neither is the time-frame. Tried several times, always packed. Options very limited. I showed up a 6:55 am and the unfriendly staff member said "we don't open til 7" I said "it's 6:55" and she looked at her cell phone clock and proceeded to not open until 7:05.

The pool/hot tub are not large enough to accommodate for the number of guests. I hope you like being real close to people if you stay here and want to use the swimming facilities.

The beach... The only upside to being trapped at this "Nightmare by the Sea" Perfect views, short stroll to water, open beach.

Trust me, pay more and enjoy your stay elsewhere! I have stayed at Edgewater twice and loved it, but I stayed here in an attempt to be closer to pier park... Next time ACCOMMODATIONS>LOCATION!!!

Room Tip: "A room in a different hotel"
8  Thank Josh L