“The most amazing mini vacation...”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I Come back Monday . The personnel is work there during the day Karen, Cindy and Greg are very professional and friendly .I love when somebody is give a big smile. My check in was 1.5 min is awesome. The room was excellent clean and full furnished. The kitchen was clean and complete. You have a toaster and coffee maker . I bring my magic bullet I made my frozen drinks too. The room have 2 bed and 2 units the air conditioning. ONE TIP NEVER EVER TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONING .The view is incredible. The housekeeping Canda she make a excellent touch up at my room . The crew at the night Cindy, Ashleig and Andrea help me with the knowledge about the place supermarket and stores close to the hotel.In the morning the breakfast i was waffles , cereal ,yogurt, bagels, orange and apple juice , referents kind of tea, muffins, donuts, Is only two machine you have to take a little patience because everybody like waffles, coffee. The mini gym is across the breakfast area . you have a walking machine and bike . The swimming pool is huge same the Jacuzzi . The beach is white soft sand . They charge for use the chair and umbrella but you can bring yours. The water is clear cold and you see amazing species little fishes with the goggles . excellent for snorkeling. I came for Orlando was my first time in that area was the mos amazing mini vacation my husband and I . The internet is charge for hour, day or week . I went to disconnect the world was excellent for us . I went to this paradise for relax and fun. Thank you very much for everything you guys .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maria P

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose the Legacy this year over Beachbreak(which we stayed at last year) because of the location. The Beachbreak was wretched, my husband said it reminded him of the barracks he used to live in when he was in the military. Anyway, the Legacy was a huge upgrade, clean room, very spacious, and the ability to section off the room to the beds and the sitting room, and two tvs, excellent for the kids to watch something while the adults can watch something else. The beds, not that comfortable but still better than the other hotel. Better off just skipping the breakfast. It's too small of an area for as many guests trying to get a donut or bagel. Parking is difficult if you come in later at night, but the lot behind SunMart is well lit if you need it. We found the staff to be pleasant. The hotel manager has a cool parrot named Frankie and is great for pictures with the kids if you run into him. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view.
4  Thank ShanO4177
Reviewed June 16, 2013

One of the biggest issues we had were how dirty the floors are. After walking in your room for just a little while, the bottoms of your feet turn black. We had to put many bath towels down on the floor to form a walkway around our room! While the view of the beach is nice, that's pretty much impossible to screw up. The employees could have been more friendly and I don't know where they found that breakfast lady from but they need to return her....very rude and short with guests. And $40/day to rent beach chair/umbrella is a little too much in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend anyone to stay here based solely on the filthy floors...ive never stayed anywhere this bad in all my trips to the beach!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Afang1
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We just got home from our week stay at Legacy. Very misleading. When we called and booked we were told of all the discounts that we would get from other places by just showing our key. 20% off Gulf World, Kids will eat free at the next door Barefoot Tiki Bar, so much off helicopter rides, etc. Once we arrived and went to eat next door we were told they no longer offer those discounts and haven't seen last year. Next day we made a visit to gulf world were we are told the same thing. They even had signs in elevator showing all places that offer discounts for staying at legacy and NONE of them did it anymore. Very frustrating that they lie to just get you to stay there.

The hotel was okay. Not the cleanest I've ever stayed in. Staff seemed very nice although we didn't have much connections with me. Breakfast was a joke. Waffles and cereal and there was always a hung line and no place to sit. After second day we went and bought breakfast food at walmart and just made it in our room.

Overall, the location is wonderful but I can't say I would ever stay at this hotel again!

2  Thank momma2two
Kristen C, Public Relations Manager at Legacy By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I believe you spoke with a member of our reservations team via online chat this weekend concerning our Passport to Play Discounts. All discounts have been verified with our partners as of yesterday morning. The management team at Gulf World was contacted and they assured as that, as always, our discounts are being honored. We pride ourselves on offering discounts to area attractions, dining and shopping.
The breakfast lines are typical of any resort. Unfortunately, it takes a little longer to make fresh waffles than our guests would like.
Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Had you brought the issues up during your stay we would've been more than happy to help.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Finally arrived...

"We need to charge you $172 for exceeding room capacity" reluctantly, "ok"... Which I had to later have reversed because they charged our children as adults... We did not exceed capacity.

"I believe there has been a mistake, we booked a Non-Smoking room"... "Well, did you book through Legacy by the Sea, or a third party" "A third party" "Oh, we don't guarantee requests by third party travel sites" "I don't consider non-smoking a request" "We have no other rooms available, here is a bottle of Odor-Ban"... I had to go back for bug spray after I killed 3, yes 3 cockroaches in our room.

Smaller complaints - full beds rather than queens, no dvd players, $10.99/day for wifi?! Old school a/c units pull in smells from outside, which stinks when they put you on a smoking floor against your will.

You can park in 4 different areas because they don't have enough parking to accommodate for the number of rooms. In front (never available) basement garage (if your car will fit through the tiny maze) across the street (hardly ever available) or a block away behind the convenience store (Hope you have good weather and nothing to carry)

Breakfast is from 7-9 am. The breakfast prep area is not large enough to accommodate for the number of guests and neither is the time-frame. Tried several times, always packed. Options very limited. I showed up a 6:55 am and the unfriendly staff member said "we don't open til 7" I said "it's 6:55" and she looked at her cell phone clock and proceeded to not open until 7:05.

The pool/hot tub are not large enough to accommodate for the number of guests. I hope you like being real close to people if you stay here and want to use the swimming facilities.

The beach... The only upside to being trapped at this "Nightmare by the Sea" Perfect views, short stroll to water, open beach.

Trust me, pay more and enjoy your stay elsewhere! I have stayed at Edgewater twice and loved it, but I stayed here in an attempt to be closer to pier park... Next time ACCOMMODATIONS>LOCATION!!!

Room Tip: "A room in a different hotel"
8  Thank Josh L
Reviewed June 7, 2013

There are very few places to stay in PCB that are not condos. We took a school group. The facility is pretty nice. The decor is very basic but you are there for the beach - not the room decor. The room layout in the units we rented was very handy. When you walked in, there were two full beds with a television. The next area was a small kitchenette on one side with the bathroom on the other. The next room was a living area with a pull-out bed plus dining table and television that led to the balcony. The view is great. The management was very friendly and the maid service was adequate. The continental breakfast was a good snack to get ready for the day. There is a convenient store, diner and a restaurant/bar just next door. Pier Park is an easy twenty minute walk down the road. If I were visiting again for a weekend, I would bring my family here. If I were staying for a week, I would look into a condo rental - but Legacy by the Sea works for a short stay.

Room Tip: If the view is important, ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carolina9193
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We sent 2 nights in Room 612 June 2nd and 3rd. My husband booked the room so I did not get to preapprove it. I will say the room was clean but very dated and the sofa had stains. the general condition of the room gave me the creeps I would not walk on the carpet without my shoes. The view was awesome and the kids kids had a great time so that is what matters the most. The breakfast was not worth the trip down stairs go to the grocery store and make your own (the lady who works the food service is rude and nasty). Over all it is ok for a family on a budget but not my first choice.

1  Thank tamara d