“Even better”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We booked this based on TA reviews and price. We had stayed with 3 other couples at a condo nearby and decided to stay a couple of extra days choosing The Legacy. We checked out of the condo Saturday morning. Taking a chance there was a room available we called the front desk, alas there was no room..too early, the front desk took my phone number and said they would text me when there was an opening. True to their word, they texted around 11 am. We got a room on the 4th floor. All rooms have a balcony with a great view, walking in the room there is a bedroom, a galley kitchen and into a living area onto the balcony. The room was spotless, clean and comfortable, there are three elevators, each floor has an ice maker. There is a nice pool and hottub on the beach side, they have a continental breakfast in the morning. Sharkeys is walking distance and a beach bar next door where you get a 10% discount showing your room card. This hotel with its friendly staff, its location and cleaniness was even better than we hoped for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Legacy By The Sea

Reviewed September 15, 2012

It's really a good price for what you get. My only major complaints were that the staff wasn't over friendly and house keeping didn't clean the bathrooms every day we were there. The room was clean though upon our arrival. But if you don't want to spend a fortune on a place in Panama City and want to be on the beach- this is your place. Oh and I liked that we could walk to Pier Park from the place.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our first night there we got in late happy to crawl into bed and saw that there were black hairs and sand in the sheets.
When calling down to the front desk we were told that we had to go and get our own sheets and re make the bed ourselves... There was no apology for the dirty sheets not even a comment. Our room had a separate living room area with a couch and chair which looked very dirty. Neither my sister or I dared to sit on the furniture.
Continental breakfast was nothing special at all.
Only good thing about this hotel is that it is right on the beach and the view from the balcony it great..
Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have stayed at the "Legacy By The Sea" property in Panama City Beach, Florida, three times. We were impressed with the property the first time we visited, and have chosen that property each time we return to Florida. This is an all-condo, all ocean front property. The lobby is unique for a condo property, in that it is extensive, offering expansive views of the bay. It also affords the opportunity to use the breakfast area while enjoying the view. Breakfast is provided each morn, and although it is not elaborate, it is quite adequate.

Daily maid service is always provided, and the rooms are kept quite clean. The single bedroom unit which we stay in, consists of a bedroom, with comfy bed, a living room, kitchen that is well equipped, and a bath with shower. Each unit has its own private balcony, equipped with easy-resting chairs. The beach is beautiful and well-maintained. There are rental loungers and cabanas available, but personal lounge items are not discouraged.

On-site parking is provided at no charge, and some inside parking slots are also available. The hotel is ideally located within a short distance of numerous fine dining or carry-out establishments. This is a very nice property that is no more than the daily charge of most motel units of lesser quality.

Room Tip: The Barefoot Lounge & Grill is located just steps away from the hotel. This is a casual atmosph...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sammyrosie
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I normally stay at another hotel when I go to PCB mainly because that was where I grew up going to year after year. This year I decided it was time to make a change due to the shape of the other hotel. And let me say it was the best decision I ever made to stay at Legacy by the Sea. Kayla was very helpful when I made my reservations. However I was a little worried about a new hotel after a few of the reveiws I read here. But first let me give my experiences before I counter those other reviews. Stephanie was awesome at check-in. She answered all of our questions and was very nice. And Karen was great at check-out and gave me some information about rates for a weekend trip I plan to take with just my wife and I. The room was great with no problems whatsoever. Some of the reviews talked about doors not sealing properly, sticky carpets, bad smells etc. I can say NONE of that was true. There is a limited amount of parking that could be an issue during spring break or another peak time. But we were able to park in front of the hotel the entire trip and did not have to use the overflow parking. Another review complained about the umbella and chair company on the beach in front of the hotel. The truth is there is plenty of room on either side of where the chairs are so you do not have to be behind them. So if you want an AWESOME room for your money then this is where you need to stay. My wife and I with our two daughters have a new place to stay on our family vacations. And the discount you get at the Barefoot Beach Club is just and added bonus. (but that's another review).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank William G
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our stay was from 8/27/12 - 8-30-12. Our room had 2 double beds in one room with a tv and then a second room with a tv seperated by a mini kitchen (full sized refrig) and a bathroom. The kitchen had a full sized refrig, a range top stove and oven, sink, microwave, and a mini coffee pot. The room was clean, nice and comfortable. It was just the right size for myself and a friend of mine. I took the room with the sofa and she took the room with the double beds-didnt feel cramped at all. The price was awesome, we paid 89 per night. 4 or more elevators. It had a very nice lobby with an awesome view of the ocean. Bagels, donuts, yogurt, coffee and juices for the breakfast every morning-free of charge. Jacuzzi, and swimming pool on basement level. It also had a fitness center room. A lot of things with in walking distance. This would be the perfect place to stay at also if you're going solo. Friendly staff also. The only con was that parking may be a pain if the resort was full capacity.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I traveled to the Legacy during the week of the Fourth of July. Parking is a bit confusing, and if we didn't park during an, "off time," we had to park 150 feet away, which is a little daunting when you're dealing with massive traffic and carrying a small child. Aside from that, I was very impressed with the staff! The lady at the front desk was helpful, and very nice to my children! Housekeeping was great. The room was a good set up, not anything special, but it served its intended purpose. The balcony view was breathtaking! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family