“One thing after another, never stay here.”
Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are definitely not as they look on the website. A Little more "motel 8" rather than luxury condo. The security gaurd yelled at my friend and I to go inside because it was late, even though it was just him and I talking... Not being loud or disturbing anyone. Not to mention he was as rude as possible in the way he went about saying it. Had he asked politely, I would have no problem helping him out and going inside. I understand this city is full of young people sometimes, but I am a grown adult. I do not have a curfew, I do not get told to go back inside.. Other than that.. Room wasn't clean upon entering it, even though we had to wait PAST four in the afternoon to get our room because they could not be bothered to do their jobs. So they said "we'll send you a text when it's ready" ..never got one, just went back up there and there were multiple groups that had gotten a room who had come after us. The management has absolutely no idea what's even going on.. The ENTIRE staff besides the woman at the front desk speaks ZERO English and is absolutely as rude as can be. Umm what else? Our cieling was leaking and ruined half our food and soaked my clothes, not to mention the mold from the leak. However, they did not give switch our rooms, or give any compensation whatsoever. I have stayed in PCB twice a year since I was fourteen years old, and I have had some things go wrong.. But NEVER like this place. Gross, horrible service, rude as can be staff.. Not to mention clueless. Trust me when I say, just go somewhere else. If it seems like its pretty cheap and a good value, it's absolutely misleading as they try everything possible to take your deposit. Our trash was in a bag next to the door, and tried to charge a 35$ cleaning fee for that. Absolute crap, one thing after another.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Jakeman2012

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hey guys - we had our daughters 16th birthday beach get-away here last year. Wanted to be close to pier park for shopping and eating out fun. You can't beat the location. The pool area was very clean and the water was sparkling. the beach area was very nice. the only issues were with our adjoining rooms. They smelled and the air conditioning didn't work well. Felt stuffy in the rooms. I would recommend bringing a small fan for air circulation. Other than that the rooms seemed clean and the kitchenettes were well appointed with microwaves and full sized fridges. I can't remember if there was a stove. Seemed well appointed with utinsels as well. the beachfront balconies were nice as well. the price was right, so for the money, i'd stay here again. We stayed here April 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Spent six nights here and was very happy with the accommodations. The place could use a little TLC and some fresh paint but overall it is very clean and a good value. Beach, pool and service perfect. Breakfast is not too hot. A couple of bucks tipped to housekeeping goes a long way.
After a 10 hour drive we arrived early and they promptly got us a room without any fuss. They treat you like a customer and not a tourist. Refreshing attitude!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I stayed in this wonderful hotel. Had a great time, very clean, great customer service from the staff. I will stay at this hotel on my return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brendafromindiana
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at the Legacy by the Sea on our recent visit to Panama City Beach! My research paid off on this one for sure, it had gotten some good reviews on trip advisor and was in the area we wanted to be in for this visit. Upon arrival we found out they had put us on a high floor per my request and in the middle of the building. This worked out better than I had hoped for. Turns out the middle units set sideways, that means not only is your bedroom on the beach side but so is the living room/kitchen area. There is also a connecting room with this, so if you had a family or friends it would be even better. The whole room was very clean and smelled fresh. We found lots of towels in the bathroom which is always a plus for us. We had what was considered the King Suite, the bed was comforable( Pillows were a little flat ) but we were able to adjust. With the full kitchen we were able to have breakfast in the room every morning as well as lunch. This saved us a lot of money and its what we like to do. When were on the beach we like to get as much time there as possible, not driving around half the day looking for something to eat. They also have a small coffee maker in the room, we requested extra decalf coffee and got it so we could alway have that second pot. Over all we were very pleased, the parking gets a little tight on site, they offer additional parking across the street which I didn't care for, but it worked out. I will look at them the next time we go back there. Again its right on the beach with a great view!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Take extra pillows
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JIMDS1957
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have stayed in the Legacy for the past 2yrs..... It is PERFECT for us and ALl of our needs! Having a fridge and a full kitchen (even has plates, pots/pans, silverware, glasses, ect) is AWESOME!!! The beach in front of the hotel is a popular beach too.,.. It seems like all the fun stuff to do ( parasailing, wave runner rentals, boat rides, ect) is all located there too:))). This yr when we pulled- up they were changing all the rooms mattresses too and that made me like this hotel even more knowing they keep up on maintenance & upkeep of the hotel:))). It's in walking distance of ALOT of shops and fun restaurants too! I can't stress enough on how good of a value this hotel is!!!!!! I've paid 2-3times MORE for hotels in the past that we're outdated!!! You WON'T be disappointed...... I'm picky and would write the truth on here either way!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Breatnt
Reviewed May 13, 2012

First off let me begin by saying that the Staff is amazing! From the moment we pulled into the parking lot to the day we checked out they were so helpful and respectful. The room was defiantly more then I expected thank goodness because I have to be honest for the price I was a little scared. The rooms were VERY clean and passed the sock test. We also had alot of room with a 2 room suite. It was very quiet as well. The cleaning staff came daily which was even better. The elevators ran quickly also and to top it off the pool was very clean. There are 2 great places to eat with in walking distance and Pier Park is within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I did find out that the best rooms are the rooms that end in 7 :-) I will most definatly be booking again at Legacy!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple