“Why did I buy a time share?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Legacy By The Sea

Legacy By The Sea
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Clayton, Georgia
“Why did I buy a time share?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Me and my wife went to Panama City Beach for a four day weekend.We stayed at the Legacy. The room was as good as many time share units I've stayed in.The cost was less than half of what I pay in maintainence fees at my home resort.Time shares are just a scam,so look around, you might find a place like Legacy

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, don't accept a smoking room.The smell is bad.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank chance011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

The 1 bedroom suite was a perfect size for us as a couple, and would recommend it also for a small family. I thought the living room was especially roomy for a suite. There was a good TV in both the bedroom and living room area. It was very clean, and the maid service was efficient. We enjoyed the free continental breakfast that offered several selections including bagels, muffins, 2 types of cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, coffee and juice. We also enjoyed the heated swimming pool and hot tub. It is also convenient to shopping and restaurants. All the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank D S
Cinncinnati Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

As most PC motels dirty with a rude staff. Night and day from the Atlantic side or sout FL
PC is still in the 50s even with the new condos they get their staff from the area. Red neck haven.
go south young man go south.

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iraq
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

The Legacy by the Sea staff and sales manager made booking our meeting our rooms very easy. The provided a nice meeting room with water, tablecloths chairs and even a small refrigerator. The front desk staff was amazing. She was so nice and had our rooms and room keys ready by 10 am. The rooms were clean and each one had a balcony overlooking the beach. Our group was small, but very impressed by the conference room, staff and the rooms. We will definitely keep the Legacy by the Sea in mind for future events.

Room Tip: Get a suite with a kitchen, a bedroom, living room and balcony, very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank chris v
Lithonia, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

First let me say that Panama City gave me everything and much more. I came to Legacy by the Sea and was greeted by Debbie! Debbie was really nice and really friendly! Coming into the room there were no odors or anything. The room was nice and clean. I am a very simple girl so I needed just basic necessities. Everything is around the corner! I mean everything so you didnt have to burn alot of gas to get anywhere. The first place we went to was Sharky's and they had the best fish tacos! Such a perfect blend! The drinks were excellent! We stayed at Sharky's until the sun went down so the sunset was beautiful and perfect by the sea. The wind was cool so the manager set up some heat beside us. After Sharky's we wanted to do something fun so we went to Rockn It Bowling which is right not to far down and they have alot of activities for kids. They have skating, games, shoot pool and bowling all in one facility! WE HAD A BLAST! After that we went to walmart and picked up a few items for breakfast! The room provides everything you need to cook. So we got up Saturday morning and cooked breakfast and something was wrong with the tub but maintenance came to fix it right away. After maintence came housekeeping came by to clean our room but we wasn't ready. We ate breakfast and headed out to Pier Park! I LOVE PIER PARK! They have everything you need for activities. Alot of eateries and shopping and activites for kids! We enjoyed a movie @ The Grand which is also a IMAX theatre. They had Happy Hour at one of the eateries called Reggaton( I think)! We went to the Pier and it was absolutely gorgeous! They had a package store right before we got back to the hotel room to mix drinks. Before we went back to the hotel room we play some putt putt! Went back to the hotel room and we got to the jacuzzi and it was just amazing! We went back up to the room and had drinks and sat on the balcony to enjoy the sunset! We went next door to Barefoot to enjoy watching the Alabama and LSU game! We had more drinks and more good times. My experience at PANAMA CITY Beach has been a blast! The hotel was just perfect and clean and the people were friendly. Even though everyone complained about this hotel but it was perfectly wonderful to me. I didnt come here to stay inside the hotel. I came here to get out and enjoy myself and thats exactly what I got! The people of Panama City were sooooooooooooo Amazing and I had a blast and so much more! I will be back in May! People come here it is worth it! I am a real person! Send me an email if you need more information! Gatewayglobaltravel@gmail.com and I will tell you about my experience!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WhoruntheWorld T
Rockwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is our third year staying at this hotel when we go to Panama City Beach for fall break. I would like to say that the hotel is good for the price and location. The best is that there are two resturants with in walking distance of the hotel and that it is right down the road from Pier Park.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel due to a mix up on our reservation at a nearby condo property. (The mix up was my fault at the condo, so no complaints about that property whatsoever, other than they recommended this hotel to us for one night until our unit was vacant at the condo.) Legacy by the Sea charged $180.00 for a king bedroom with a jacuzzi tub in the room itself. You could not get a king bed without also getting the jucuzzi tub. When we got to our room, it was tiny! The furnishings were very dated. When we looked behind the headboard of the bed, there were cigarette ashes back there. The television was old. We were able to see it really good, because the television was three feet from the foot of the bed. That's how small the room was.

We asked for a late checkout. Normal checkout is at 10:00. We were told "no" before we could really get the full question out of our mouths. I am a person who rarely ever asks for a late checkout, but in this case, because our unit had to be cleaned at the condo before we could move over there, we hoped we might get a late checkout. We had asked about the late checkout the night before and were promptly told that we would have to inquire the next morning. There was a general attitude from the staff at the front desk that made it very apparent that asking for anything at all was going to be met with an answer designed to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

Upon entering the lobby, the place has a strong industrial cleaner odor. The balcony was on the small side and was not very private. There are openings between the balconies which would allow for someone to fairly easily enter your room from another balcony. This made us feel unsafe about leaving the window or doors open on the balcony.

The only positive was that the bathroom seemed clean and there were plenty of towels. I would not recommend this property for the price they charge. Our condo unit which was 10 times nicer was less than this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple