“Lucked Out”

Beachbreak By The Sea
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to Panama City for a wedding and decided to wait till the last to book a room. Ended up paying around $60 for just a standard room and they ended up over booking so I was upgraded to a suite at no charge. I will agree from the outside it doesn't look like the best hotel but the beachside view is great. Next door is a great bar/restaurant overlooking the beach had some great drink deals but didn't try the food.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Creighton W
There are newer reviews for Beachbreak By The Sea

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently went to Panama City for the night and wanted to stay on the beach for not a lot of money. This place is right on the beach and the pool was ok. The rooms are old and everywhere you go there is a faint smell of urine. Tiny rooms and we did not feel safe. Someone pounded on the door and tried to get in the room. The front desk was notified and was completely non-responsive. This place is probably only good for poor teens on spring break! Yuck!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tlander
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I made a last minute decision to go to PC Beach and when I called around for reservations, this was the first hotel that I called that had a room, so I booked it. I arrived three hours early, so the front desk told me that the would text me when my room was ready. My son and I went to the pool to wait. It was an hour after check in time, and I still had not received a message, so I went to the front desk to check on my room. Sure enough, it had been ready but due to a change in staff, they had failed to notify me. No big deal really. The walk to my room was not very pleasant. There were uncovered trash cans at each end of the corridor which did not look very nice, and you got an ever so gentle garbage stench along with the ocean breeze that you felt in the corridor. Lids on trashcans would probably solve that. The floors in the corridors looked nasty and needed a good coat of gray paint to make them look fresh and clean. The room was a little weird. The ceilings were very low. I felt like I was in a box. It did have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths which was handy, and my room was clean. For an older place, they had done all that they could do to the room to make it pleasant. The location of my room was horrible. They stuck me right beside an outside stairwell, so I had the pleasure of greeting everyone that walked by as I sat on my very small balcony. Seriously, there was NO privacy. My bed was right beside the sliding glass doors, so I could not even lay in my bed with the curtains open to view the ocean. I went to the front desk to see if they could change my room, but they said they had no others available. I talked to others who were staying there and they said they loved their room, so maybe I just got a bad one this time. Anyway, the staff was very nice, and their Barefoot Beach Club which is right next door, had excellent drinks and a great atmosphere and friendly staff, but they were inconsistent with their food. One day my burger looked one way, the next day it looked totally different. I was disappointed in their shrimp basket too. It was nowhere near the quality of shrimp that I had ordered this past summer when I was there and stayed at the Legacy. The pool was great, the beach was excellent, and the continental breakfast was a great convenience. In short, if you're basically just looking for a place to stay and don't care much what your room is like as long as it's clean, this place is fine. I personally do not plan to return. The Legacy is more my style.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put next to a stairwell.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaydee C
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a very good time staying there. The room was very nice and clean. The beach was wonderful and just a few steps from our room. The staff was very helpful and even found a way for us to extend our stay. Short walks to great places to eat and things to see. We had a wonerful time !!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a short trip for my husband and I. We loved the location to amenities. Very short walk out to the beach. We stayed on the second level which is just one flight down to the beach. It really was perfect for us. Very relaxing atmosphere and friendly people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Beachbreak so many times I've lost count. This is one of the few left that is still quaint and small. The staff have always been nice, courteous, and friendly. Kayla Leach is always so helpful when I have a special request. If you are looking for an older but well kept hotel, not too fancy, on the beach, this is the place for you. The Beachbreak needs updated but if you are looking for a great place to stay at a good price, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed September 11, 2013

me and my young son and fiancé stayed here for 3 days. pool was clean, staff was friendly, very nice sized clean rooms. Always had fresh towels and trash taken when needed. Quiet at night. We went the weekend after labor day, because we are not the party type. I think a lot of these reviews are written by people when things are in full swing, but its Panama City! its a party town so of course the staff is gonna be a little busy, and the guests a little rowdier! If you want to go somewhere with your family, go to a non-party place! The only problem we had was limited parking, but they offer additional so it wasn't really a big deal.

Room Tip: try and get about a 3rd floor, its level with the lobby. we asked for a room not directly over the p...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family