“LOVED IT”

Beachbreak By The Sea
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If are a spring breaker this is a great spot, its a little away from the hotspots but that can be nice when you want to relax. You can always take party shuttles down here which are only 5$ . We were able to have people in our room, unlike a lot of hotels, in which you have to show a wristband to even get in the parking lot. We played loud music, never once got a complaint. ONLY THING IS, the people at the front desk are RUDE!! but oh well, didnt effect my spring break!

Room Tip: stay on the ground level!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I read mixed reviews on the place before booking. We were put in this room on the first floor with the most amazing view of the water that I have ever seen.

We were at first only in there long enough to change out of our traveling clothes. It was not until we returned that it started effecting my wife.

After an hour of being back in the room, my wife was coughing like crazy. She coughed so much that it brought pain to her back. I went in the restroom to get cleaned up and almost slipped on the floor. I looked up and there was a HUGE leak. You could see where they put puddy over it and never fixed the issue. I then noticed several black spots of mold. I knew right away that was what caused my wife's repertory problem.

I brought the attention to the front desk. She then tried putting us into another room. We walked in and were hit with the smell of an ash trey. Neither one of us smoked. We went back down and we had enough.

She ended up moving us to a neighboring hotel called The Legacy. This place is much nicer. The service was great though. I have to give her credit for making sure that we were taken care of. I will not return to Beach Break though. Not impressed by the hotel at all!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice. The price for the rooms used to be fair to what you can expect.. now it is just way to overpriced. The rooms are outdated and need many upgrades. I love the fact that each room has a balcony. The view is stunning and thw price WAS righy ( reason why I came back ) The pool area was dirty both times but the beach is right infront of the hotel so no problem. The customers service was very good the first time around and bad the second. I usually bring my own blanket and pillow which is a good thing in this hotel. The second time we had small blood stains on our sheets and got a nasty attitude when we requested a bed change. He never changed the bed but put clean linens in our hand, lol.
If you are not looking for anything fancy this might be right for you.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

room was shabby, beds very uncomfortable. Internet service limited to lobby on your own laptop (no laptop? no service!) Conveniently located right on the beach, but nothing else good to say about this place.; you could definitely get better value for your money (even at other By the Sea locations)

Room Tip: Old and dingy.....internet service available only in lobby on your own laptop. Rooms shabby; it is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna E
Kristen C, Public Relations Manager at Beachbreak By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We would've been more than happy to move you to another property to suit your needs.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here one night before flying out the next morning. Got a great off season rate. A bit hesitant d/t reviews but really enjoyed it. Yes, the rooms have junky carpet and the hallways are old and stained but you can't beat the sunset, closeness to the beach, and white sand. Rooms have personal balconies. The pool is a nice size and depth and heated with cool little lights around it at night... the hot tub is clean and a nice temp and large enough. There is a great little beach bar next door (unfortunately seasonal) that had live entertainment and great beer prices. The beach has white sand, beautiful clear turquoise water and you can stroll endlessly. Who cares what the room actually looks like inside. It did have a microwave and little fridge. The breakfast is fine with juice, coffee, bagels/toast, flavored oatmeal, yogurt... want something else? Go to McDonalds...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gulfshoresmissy
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I spent seven nights and eight days at Beachbreak By The Sea in Panama City Beach. Although it is an older hotel, the room was very clean and had a kitchen and beachfront balcony. The sunset views were breathtaking!!! The heated pool and hot tub were relaxing and we met some awesome guests. For about 60.00 a night off-season, , it is very affordable. A continental breakfast is included.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AngelAngel1959
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stay at Beachbreak the weekend of 11/2 just to try somewhere different and because the rates were good for this time of year. After reading some of the reviews, I was hoping I made a good decision. Let me just say that we had nothing but GREAT service and as clean as a room can be at a seaside hotel. The pool area and hot tub were great as well. If you're looking for a decent place to stay on a budget then this is the place for you! And a huge bonus: the restaurant Barefoot Beach Club is right next door with an incredible view of the sunset and great food and drinks. We will definitely be back to stay again!! Thanks Beachbreak for a wonderful weekend!!

• Stayed: November 2012