“great room, great beach, great stay”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed April 22, 2007

We have never been here during spring break before and I have to admit it was quite different. The rowdy kids were dropping garbage faster than the employees could pick it up. I was impressed at how "on top" security was. Kids were being evicted left and right for getting too crazy. The pools were perfect and the beach was kept better then I thought it would be. We rented through the on-site company. They addressed any concerns we had very well. Our room (1411) was really clean and has nice appliances. The furniture was new looking. It did need new balcony furniture but we could live with it. The owner even called midweek to ask how we liked the room. This has never happened to me anywhere before. I will definetly stay here again-in 1411 if it is available. I must say though that I and others I saw checking in only had to pay $10 for parking. Paying for parking sucks but $10 beats $25 any day. For the money I loved The Summit! If you are a family/value oriented person you will too!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank muttandjeff

Reviewed April 18, 2007

The best way to ruin a vacation is to walk into a unit that you have paid nicely for and find that it is an absolute mess. The smell, when we entered the unit, just about knocked us down. The beds did not look clean, there were not enough towels, mold on the shower curtain, the dish washer leaked and best of all the dishes in the dish washer were dirty. The list goes on and on.

We ended up going to the local Wal-mart to buy cleaning supplies and paper products. What a way to spend vaction -cleaning the place you intend to stay in for five days. My goodness, I could go on and on.

Our unit which was located on the second floor was filty. When I inquired at the front desk I was told that because it was a privately owned unit there was nothing they could do.

We were charged $25.00 for parking while there. The hot tub and the sauna were not working. One of the pools was closed because there were two catfish found swimming around in it. The stair wells were littered with trash and food. You didn't even want to get on the elevators. The place was an absolute mess.

The beach directly off the hotel and was also littered with trash; pop and beer cans; various other debris.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know and our family will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank skunzakeith
Reviewed April 9, 2007

We found the summit to be very dirty. There was always garbage on the gounds, in hallways and stairways. The beach was the dirtiest we have ever encountered in twenty years of traveling to Florida. The only highlight was that the pools were kept clean and the water sparkled. While there are many amenities, nearly all the condos offer something similar and there are much nicer places to stay. This condo is adjacent to two teenage night clubs and it gets very loud, so I would not recommend it for families. Our unit (621) was dirty and is in desperate need of some updating. We rented from Michelle Goodwin through vrbo.com.

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Bmakinmemories
Reviewed February 15, 2007

Booked on line from the rental office, check in was quick, room was ready and clean. Really enjoy the towel exchange daily so my wife does not have to wash and dry laundry. We spent our time on the beautiful white sand instead of washing.

Across the street is a great cajun restaurant with real po-boy's

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank corvettnan
Reviewed January 26, 2007

We stayed at the Summit for a week late last summer and are going back this summer. The complex had much more to offer than other Panama City Beach resorts; such as: two pools (one heated, one not) , Sauna, game room for kids, kids playground directly on beach, several computers by pool to check e-mail, tiki bar by pool and ample on-site parking. We rented directly from owner (unit 224) and got a good deal. Although the Summit is not one of the newer resorts the room we stayed in had been updated and was very clean. I would recommend the Summit for anyone traveling to Panama City Beach.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank thetraveler-7
Reviewed October 29, 2006

I have rented unit 832 for two years (from Tillie Cohen) this is was better than ever. New tile floors, cabinets, fans. Loved it!! Will return to 832 again next October.

• Stayed: October 2006
5  Thank earnhardtlady03
Reviewed October 11, 2006

The view of the beach from the higher Summit rooms (say, floor 7 and above) is spectacular. We stayed in 1414, which we rented from the owner. She gave us a deal because it is not very busy right now.

Beside the Summit amenities (two family pools, two kiddie pools, hot tub, whirlpool, park area, restaurant, Internet, good location, etc.), the unit had a lot to offer--fully equipped to stay for however long. There's a small kitchenette with an oven and a microwave. The washer/dryer came in handy. The furniture and beds were comfortable. I liked the tile floor.

I would definitely return, and would certainly stay in 1414 again!

Stayed: August 2006