“Best advise is to rent from a Summit Owner”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The owner listings for the Summit can be found on the VRBO.com website. I have stayed at the Summit multiple times over the last six years and this is what I do prior to booking the unit: Look at the current reviews of the unit, call the owner and ask when it was renovated and what features does the unit have that you require for a great vacation, and when was the last time they visited the condo to make sure it maintains it's quality. I have stayed at units 904, 902, and 816 and they are owned by out of state people and are continually updated and will respond to you very quickly. Follow these steps and you have an excellent chance of having a great beach front vacation.

7  Thank Jack W
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you love returning time after time to the Summit Beach Resort. I do want to encourage readers to know that when renting through the onsite management we do have a large selection of rooms as well as onsite maintenance and housekeeping. Thank you again for informing us of your great time at our property and we are looking forward to you returning!

There are newer reviews for The Summit Condominiums

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just stayed here last weeked (10/11-10/13)...room 219. This room was pretty outdated and dingy...it was okay for a weekend at the beach but to stay there for a week or longer...yikes. One thing is that the mattress in the bedrrom was like sleeping on a stack of cardboard. Oh my God people...can we please invest a couple hundred dollars more for a decent mattress? I would bet that it was orginally bought at one of those discount mattress places...for $59.99...and may not have been new then. There were no complaints from the kids on the bunk beds and the sofa bed...but I didn't try them myself...maybe I should have.

Anyway...the room was okay...but outdated. Dingy fixings...cracked paint and worn tile. Appliances were in good shape and the place was stocked well. So...again, for a weekend...no problem...spending all day down at the water anyway, just there to sleep really.

The property itself was nice...friendly staff at check-in and check-out. Plenty of carts to haul your stuff...and friendly grounds people and security. By the way...this place is locked down so make sure you have all your rental credentials to get in and out. Didn't visit the game room or little store...but the pool area was very nice and clean...plenty of chairs. The hot tubs were nice but the jets only worked when they wanted to so that was disappoinitng. The tiki bar was open and staffed but prices were a bit high and not sure was staffed by an actual bartender. The night we visited it appeared the bartender didn't quite know what he was doing...drinks weren't that good. There is a little place called Bikini Bob's right next to the property, you can get there from the pool area. Good food, great prices...on alcohol as well (beer and wine)...so if you need a quick bite and a good, cheap beer without going far at all...BB's is the place.

The beach was wonderful - crisp, clear water, soft sand - LOVE IT...and chairs/umbrellas were available. We rented them for $20 total (2 chairs, one umbrella) for the whole day, well worth it, I think.

Anyway, as far as our room goes...just a couple of nights...I'm sure there are others that are much nicer and cozier...but ours (219) for a week, I would have been going nuts. Overall, I'd say this place was worth it for what we paid. HOWEVER...and this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine with these types of places. Okay...a week stay, I can maybe understand the cleaning fee...but 2 nights...$85 cleaning fee? That's ridiculous...especially by the looks of the place when you get there. NOT worth the money...if by chance you can find other places that don't charge a cleaning fee...go for it. I think it's a scam...especially for short-term renters...just my opinion. We did book this through hotels.com and they said we wouldn't be charged that fee...request for that refund is still on-going. :-)

Room Tip: Long stay...do NOT rent room 219...not that comfortable for a long stay...and a bit dingy. I wonder...
2  Thank caito34
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you very much for providing this informative feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent time at the Summit, but we do understand that you had some negative experiences. I do apologize for that. We take our guest comments very seriously and I assure you that each one will be reviewed by the appropriate department heads. We hope that you will visit our resort again, so that you can experience a great vacation where we exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Photos are deceiving! Not at all as described. Not worth your money even at a discount!
Demand photos of the exact room you will be renting. These resort looks okay from the outside but is very old musky and outdated. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I will not stay here again. The furniture is broken or stained! You feel dirty staying here even if you are the cleanest person. I made the mistake of not checking the reviews before hand. Won't do that again!

3  Thank Hope619

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your time at the Summit. All of our condominiums are privately owned and the décor is up to the individual homeowners. When renting through the onsite management, we do offer onsite housekeeping services. We do hope that you will try our property again so that we may have an opportunity to exceed your exceptions.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This condo was the best ever! From the wonderful view, to the easy access, we could not have asked for a better place to stay. And the cost, was the kicker. We will always be staying back at this condo!

Room Tip: We love the view from up on the 14th floor, it was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bamatncpl

Thank you for this great feedback! We are so glad to hear about how much you love our resort. We are very proud of our property and all it has to offer, including being in the middle of the heart of Panama City Beach. We look forward to you returning soon for another great beach vacation.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for a week in Sept. 2013. We thought coming after the summer might mean less people. It wasn't packed but the wait for the elevator still took forever most of the time. The place is aging and needs upgrading in the worst way. The beach access is nice but there are several other places I would choose before I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff G

Thank you for providing this feedback. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team members. We do hope that you will change your mind and return to the Summit when your travel plans bring you back to our area. The Summit is a great beachfront property and we would welcome the opportunity for you to return and enjoy all it has to offer.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The exterior is ok, the pool area nice, but majority of units are very outdated, musty, with ancient furniture. We booked without seeing pics of this particular unit in advance---huge mistake.
Couches are stained and ripped, outdoor furniture for a kitchen table, stained ceilings from previous leaks, there's too much to mention.

Spinnaker and Club la Vela are right next door, and amusement park with a Vomitron across the street. Think MTV spring break.

Checkin clerk was nice and offered any help, but nothing else was available. And short of demolition, there was nothing he could do. Paid 550.00 for 5 nights in October. I guess you get what you pay for, but this is still unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank QueenaKentucky
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback. I do apologize that you felt the room was outdated. With every unit being privately owned, the furnishing and the décor are determined by the individual owners. I will say that many owners have done some very nice improvements and upgrades to your units, We do hope that you will return soon, so that you can experience a nicer unit and still enjoy all that our resort has to offer.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The property itself is nice...good location on the beach with pools, hot tubs, food available, little convenience store on property too. The room was not spectacular. I was supposed to stay in 102 but after checking in, it looked horribly dirty...cobwebs, dust, dirt on floor, stains on bedding, dirt in corners and cracky tiles. I have never stayed in a dumpy place like this so I immediately called the person managing the rental and he offered another room 1224, which was a lot cleaner feeling but it still had old nasty bedding and it was not luxurious or special. Only 2 rolls of toilet paper in the room for 5 people!!! Great view from balcony but the furniture was old, dingy, and smelly. The balcony furniture was rusty and old. Even after emailing the owner of the condo, he never replied! Just be careful and see pics of your room before you book one! This was my first time booking a condo and probably my last!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank blingismything

Thank you for providing your feedback. Since you rented directly through an owner, I cannot speak to the quality or cleanliness of the unit. We do hope that you will return to the Summit to enjoy all of our amenities and of course the great views. When booking through the on-site management, we do have many units in the rental program for you to choose from depending on availability.