“AWESOME CONDO & STAFF EXCEPT FOR THE LADY IN THE FRONT OFFICE, NEEDS BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times this summer & booked through different channels. Mary is AWESOME & their Units were very clean in each one we were in! Being with a group we have stayed in a total of 4 & the ONLY down fall was going to get our keys from the main office. She turned her lights out as soon as she saw me attempting to open the door! The security officer @ the gate had directed us there but thankfully a man saw that & he was a nice security man with glasses, I didn't get his name, he took care of us & called Bob to get our Keys & signed in! Even at the end of the day, you should greet every guest who comes into eye contact with your front desk staff or any team member & never avoid them! I would give the number of the condo but will just say for great prices shop around!!!! Last weekend was great & the Off season is the perfect time to go!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am so sorry for the encounter at the front office. That is very unusual. We pride ourselves on customer service and I do apologize that you did not have hospitable service. I assure you this will be addressed with our front office team. I am glad to hear of how much you enjoy staying at the Summit and that you return again and again. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Pros: Gated with security entrance/exit, good prices, 2 clean pools, 2 clean kiddy pools, next door to Spinnaker's, Hammerhead Fred's across street, Walmart close by, very friendly & helpful staff.

Cons: Very stinky outside by office & middle elevators on ground floor, a/c units in the rooms are loud, trash chutes are loud, armbands required to wear, older condo that needs updating (cosmetic etc.).

The unit we stayed in we reserved through vrbo.com. We were on the 6th floor in the middle of the condo. It was the perfect location! However, it was near the trash chute. It was so loud! The elevators are quiet though. The balcony railing is questionable. As I was relaxing by the pool, I looked at all the railing on the balconies. One condo's balcony railing wasn't attached very well anymore in one portion! We had to park in a certain spot so we didn't have to walk past the stinkiness outside by the office & elevators on ground floor. Tiki Bar has great prices for food & drinks! I didn't think it was overly crowded at all by the pool. It wasn't loud at all. The only time there was loud noise is when Spinnaker's was playing loud music on a Saturday night. I think having to wear an armband is silly, too. You pay for them as well. The condo we rented had a disgusting odor so when we went to Walmart, we got some air freshners. It helped some. The room needed fresh paint & updated appliances. The a/c unit is in a "closet" in the condo next to the bedroom so it's loud when it kicks on. Other than
that, it was nice! Nice location! Very family oriented! Security guards guarded the place in several places which is nice. I'm an avid gym person doing cardio & weight lifting. I had to get the treadmill key from the office to use the treadmill. In order to get the key, I had to give them my driver's license. Treadmills are nice, but there's no tvs or music. Also, the "weight room" is not worth it. 3 treadmills, 1 or 2 ellipticals & 1 recumbant bike and about 5 circuit machines. Pools/pool areas were
kept clean. Glad we visited off-season!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank PCBGirl712
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback on your stay at the Summit Beach Resort. We appreciate you listing out both the pros and the cons of your visit. I will be sure to address the comments with the Homeowner’s Association, who is responsible for the common areas. In regards to the room, you rented through VRBO and not the onsite rental company, so I encourage you to make sure that you have informed the owner. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Well, I decided to take the risk of staying a very questionably rated property as opposed to going with what I know. (The need to change things up I guess.) Used bookit.com for a "good price" on a very, VERY nice appearing resort... Per the pictures...

Problem is, they only gave Bookit.com the pictures of their single highest quality penthouse unit... The rest of the condo is a run down mess.. Check in reminded me of a Super 8 Motel, even though the help was very friendly. The room, 1123.... Looked NOTHING like the listed pictures, polar opposite in fact. Furnishings were old, and filthy. Couch cushions stained, mattress the quality of a $59 mattress store closeout model. and creaked like being 30 years old. Comforter was filthy, carpet stiff as a dry sponge... Unit was clean, and prepared, and I do praise the house keeping, but for the cleaning fees they charge, it better be! Pools were nice, clean and well maintained.

Not deeply family recommended, at least for labor day weekend, and the first weekend of collegiate football... Pool was rowdy, and alcohol flowed in abundance, drama on the final day around the pool, but well contained by their in house security, which was also seen in abundance, and all very helpful.

For the price there are SO many better properties, and on a much nicer side of PCB, be very cautious of what you book, as you will be paying quite a bit more at check in. (An additional $140 on my trip for cleaning fees, resort fees, etc.)

I cannot recommend this resort to anyone outside of a group of college kids. Dirty, old & dated and very over priced.

Room Tip: Book either the highest end penthouse shown in all their pictures, or find another resort.. Terribl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawncas
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We appreciate you providing this feedback. Thank you for the nice compliments on the front desk and housekeeping. Although our service was good, I do apologize that you did not like your unit or the atmosphere of the clientele at the property. Each unit is privately owned and the furnishings are up to the individual homeowners. We do hope that you will try our property again to experience a great beach vacation.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed in room 824 and if this an indication of other rooms at the Summit, I do not recommend staying here. Upon arrival, room had an unclean smell (understatement). Sofas needed steam cleaning. Shower drain backed up and bathrooms were not cleaned properly. Plug in outlets were loose and unsafe. Lamp in den was bent and loose and unstable. Remote control for television did not work. The fact that you are required to submit a non refundable damage deposit is ridiculous.
The one thing that I did appreciate was the friendliness of the office staff upon arrival and departure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. We appreciate the input and the comments you have listed will be helpful in us improving our quality and service. We strive to have our guests experience a problem-free stay and it certainly sounds like we did not succeed. I apologize and I assure you that it will be addressed. I do hope that you will return, so that we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in 1414 and Susan Chen is our Angel. She is there for us if we have any questions. This is our 2nd time with her and look forward to going back. We take our 3 granddaughters to spend special time with them. Our condo was so comfortable, washer and dryer, kitchen loaded, the view from the balcony is amazing, the pools are great with plenty chairs, workers where so friendly. Bedroom large. We made life time memories at a great price. Thank you Susan and God Bless.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lgc56
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you very much for providing this nice feedback. We are so glad to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay at Summit Beach Resort and we hope to see you again soon to experience more memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Checked in at the summit on August 15th 2013 @ 2:00pm and checked out on August 15th 2013 @ 2:30pm! The most outdated, nastiest, raggedy, filthy, and UNCLEAN! thing I've ever been in! 100$ cleaning fee charged to my account for what I DONT KNOW! The condo had nasty paper towels under the couch, the couch and furniture had holes in it and on their last legs, the frig was DISGUSTING with brown mess all over it and in it, rust on the light fixtures, cob webs in the ceiling, balcony had cracks in it, nastiness all over the walls, and the bedrooms were so small the beds barely fit, much less anything else! Bathrooms were disgusting also! Complained to my booking agency who contacted the manager and were offered another unit at the summit, walked in this unit and walked right out due to the AWFUL smell of backed up sewage...went back to the manager and demanded my money back, they found me another condo for the same price and we were very thankful! Wasn't putting my head to rest not ONE night at that ratchet place! We were moved to the Majestic towers and it is awesome! Thank The Lord! Don't waste your time or money on the summit...

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Realist07
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We appreciate you providing this feedback. I am so sorry that you found the Summit in the condition that you described, but I am pleased that the alternative location worked for the remainder of your trip. Your comments will be addressed with the appropriate department head and I assure you they are taken seriously. We do hope that you will try our resort again, so that we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out of this gross, disgusting, filthy dive.
The pools, hot tubs, Bikini Bobs, and beach area was 100% wonderful, however the rooms, elevators, bathrooms, and all indoor aspects of this joint needs to be bulldozed. Within 2 minutes of checking in, I knew that I had made a horrible mistake booking at this dump. I knew that getting a refund was out of the question, so I didn't bother asking, however thought about sleeping outdoors instead of inside of our room. This place makes Motel 6, or any run down motel look like a 4 star hotel. The most miserable 3 nights I have EVER spent. I would not even feel good about ever taking a dog or other pet to this rip off, filthy mess.
Also not family oriented due to my observation that a LOT of underage alcohol consuming teens running around yelling, being loud, etc...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank taylorjaysmommy
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We do apologize that you did not enjoy your visit. Your comments will be addressed by the appropriate department heads. We work hard at ensuring that our guests have a great time at our property from the amenities to the units. Please do reconsider trying us again so that we can have an opportunity to exceed your expectations.