“Super 8 Motel "condo" at luxury "condo" pricing.”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Well, I decided to take the risk of staying a very questionably rated property as opposed to going with what I know. (The need to change things up I guess.) Used bookit.com for a "good price" on a very, VERY nice appearing resort... Per the pictures...

Problem is, they only gave Bookit.com the pictures of their single highest quality penthouse unit... The rest of the condo is a run down mess.. Check in reminded me of a Super 8 Motel, even though the help was very friendly. The room, 1123.... Looked NOTHING like the listed pictures, polar opposite in fact. Furnishings were old, and filthy. Couch cushions stained, mattress the quality of a $59 mattress store closeout model. and creaked like being 30 years old. Comforter was filthy, carpet stiff as a dry sponge... Unit was clean, and prepared, and I do praise the house keeping, but for the cleaning fees they charge, it better be! Pools were nice, clean and well maintained.

Not deeply family recommended, at least for labor day weekend, and the first weekend of collegiate football... Pool was rowdy, and alcohol flowed in abundance, drama on the final day around the pool, but well contained by their in house security, which was also seen in abundance, and all very helpful.

For the price there are SO many better properties, and on a much nicer side of PCB, be very cautious of what you book, as you will be paying quite a bit more at check in. (An additional $140 on my trip for cleaning fees, resort fees, etc.)

I cannot recommend this resort to anyone outside of a group of college kids. Dirty, old & dated and very over priced.

Room Tip: Book either the highest end penthouse shown in all their pictures, or find another resort.. Terribl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawncas
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We appreciate you providing this feedback. Thank you for the nice compliments on the front desk and housekeeping. Although our service was good, I do apologize that you did not like your unit or the atmosphere of the clientele at the property. Each unit is privately owned and the furnishings are up to the individual homeowners. We do hope that you will try our property again to experience a great beach vacation.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed in room 824 and if this an indication of other rooms at the Summit, I do not recommend staying here. Upon arrival, room had an unclean smell (understatement). Sofas needed steam cleaning. Shower drain backed up and bathrooms were not cleaned properly. Plug in outlets were loose and unsafe. Lamp in den was bent and loose and unstable. Remote control for television did not work. The fact that you are required to submit a non refundable damage deposit is ridiculous.
The one thing that I did appreciate was the friendliness of the office staff upon arrival and departure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. We appreciate the input and the comments you have listed will be helpful in us improving our quality and service. We strive to have our guests experience a problem-free stay and it certainly sounds like we did not succeed. I apologize and I assure you that it will be addressed. I do hope that you will return, so that we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in 1414 and Susan Chen is our Angel. She is there for us if we have any questions. This is our 2nd time with her and look forward to going back. We take our 3 granddaughters to spend special time with them. Our condo was so comfortable, washer and dryer, kitchen loaded, the view from the balcony is amazing, the pools are great with plenty chairs, workers where so friendly. Bedroom large. We made life time memories at a great price. Thank you Susan and God Bless.

2  Thank lgc56
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you very much for providing this nice feedback. We are so glad to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay at Summit Beach Resort and we hope to see you again soon to experience more memories that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Checked in at the summit on August 15th 2013 @ 2:00pm and checked out on August 15th 2013 @ 2:30pm! The most outdated, nastiest, raggedy, filthy, and UNCLEAN! thing I've ever been in! 100$ cleaning fee charged to my account for what I DONT KNOW! The condo had nasty paper towels under the couch, the couch and furniture had holes in it and on their last legs, the frig was DISGUSTING with brown mess all over it and in it, rust on the light fixtures, cob webs in the ceiling, balcony had cracks in it, nastiness all over the walls, and the bedrooms were so small the beds barely fit, much less anything else! Bathrooms were disgusting also! Complained to my booking agency who contacted the manager and were offered another unit at the summit, walked in this unit and walked right out due to the AWFUL smell of backed up sewage...went back to the manager and demanded my money back, they found me another condo for the same price and we were very thankful! Wasn't putting my head to rest not ONE night at that ratchet place! We were moved to the Majestic towers and it is awesome! Thank The Lord! Don't waste your time or money on the summit...

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Realist07
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We appreciate you providing this feedback. I am so sorry that you found the Summit in the condition that you described, but I am pleased that the alternative location worked for the remainder of your trip. Your comments will be addressed with the appropriate department head and I assure you they are taken seriously. We do hope that you will try our resort again, so that we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out of this gross, disgusting, filthy dive.
The pools, hot tubs, Bikini Bobs, and beach area was 100% wonderful, however the rooms, elevators, bathrooms, and all indoor aspects of this joint needs to be bulldozed. Within 2 minutes of checking in, I knew that I had made a horrible mistake booking at this dump. I knew that getting a refund was out of the question, so I didn't bother asking, however thought about sleeping outdoors instead of inside of our room. This place makes Motel 6, or any run down motel look like a 4 star hotel. The most miserable 3 nights I have EVER spent. I would not even feel good about ever taking a dog or other pet to this rip off, filthy mess.
Also not family oriented due to my observation that a LOT of underage alcohol consuming teens running around yelling, being loud, etc...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank taylorjaysmommy
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We do apologize that you did not enjoy your visit. Your comments will be addressed by the appropriate department heads. We work hard at ensuring that our guests have a great time at our property from the amenities to the units. Please do reconsider trying us again so that we can have an opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Thought we would try this side of the beach this time down in Panama City Beach, wow, this place was rough and very outdated. There are hidden fees, not necessarily all there fault part in conjunction with Expedia but not a very nice surprise and could hurt someone who didn't have the extra dollars. Our toilet was broken and not fixed for the first two days when someone finally showed up the third morning but by then we had fixed it ourselves, the bathtub wouldn't drain at all and stayed stopped up and that we fixed too. Really pretty bad when your paying alot of money to stay in a fully furnished condo for a vacation. The kitchen had all of three forks to use and hardly any cooking pans. Light bulbs out in several places and not replaced after letting them know. Furniture I would not sit in, so very stained and filthy. The refrigerator didn't work properly either and constantly dripped water on floor and areas in it froze food that wasn't supposed to be frozen. The mattress was covered in plastic so every time you moved you would wake up from the noise. I will not ever go back to this place, but thankfully we love PCB and will return but most definately to another condo resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am very sorry for the issues you have experienced at our resort. We do take these issues seriously and they will be addressed. I can confirm that any fees that were charged are outlined on the Expedia site as well as your confirmation. We do hope that you will reconsider and try our resort again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed our time at the Summit. It is an older property and could use some updates. We rented directly from the owner on VRBO.com. The condo was in good shape.
Issues: Our only issues were the couch bed and the noise. The mattress on the couch bed was terrible, very thin and old. We just put the bed back in and slept on the couch. We had six people one one three year old and it was crowded, but we knew what we were getting into. The noise issue is from Spinnaker's. The condo is located on the far right side of the building and on Sunday night the band, etc there was rocking out until 3:00 AM. It was impossible to sleep in the living room on the couch. The bedroom and hallway bunk beds were fine, but if you plan to use the living room couch as a sleeping place on weekend nights, plan for loud music from Spinnakers.

Good Stuff:
I saw many reviews about elevator problems. We did not have any. The elevators worked fine and are actually very fast.
The pool area was well kept. There are two spacious pools, lots of lounge chairs, tables with umbrellas, to kiddie pools, two hot tubs, and a very convenient (but expensive) Tiki Bar. It was family friendly when we were there. The pool hours were 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM. There were plenty of signs about not using towels to reserve loungers and this seemed to be followed regularly. It was clear that if you put your stuff down and did not come back for hours it would be moved to a central location. Four sets of bathroom are located all around the pool and courtyard area.
There is a snack place right by the pool, which was nice for a quick snack. We LOVED the Bikini Bob's restaurant by the courtyard. Great and cheap! Cheap drinks, plenty of food choices, and $.99 sodas. This was great to walk in from the beach and buy a drink. Alcoholic drinks from here were so much cheaper that the Tiki Bar.
The beach area was convenient. You just walk out from the deck around the pool. There are five water stations to wash you feet, etc when you walk in from the beach.
The view was very nice from the 9th floor. We regularly saw Summit employees out doing maintenance, etc. There is an arcade on the main floor that was fun for the kids. The is a gated property, so we always felt pretty safe about our car and there was plenty of parking. This is within walking distance to A LOT of stuff. Mellow Mushroom and Hammerhead Fred's are directly across the street, as well as the Slingshot ride, Go Karts, etc. This is close to Emerald Falls, where we love to play goofy golf and ride Go Karts. Spinnakers was right next door.
All in all, we like the property. We would definitely rent 902 again. It was in great shape. We like the Summit's location too. Great and economical!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you providing your comments about your recent stay at Summit Beach Resort. We are so glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of our property as well as all the amenities we offer directly at the resort. We hope to see you and your family return soon!