“Decent option for IM FL or Gulf Coast Triathlon”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Summit many times while in PC for IM FL or GCT. I prefer somewhere quieter for vacation, but if you like going to the beach clubs then this might be a good spot for you. My last stay was in May 2013 for GCT. My initial impression of the new management was good. My room was very clean. It was missing toilet paper, but the front desk had some to my unit within 5 minutes of my calling down. It's true that the elevators could use some work, but I didn't experience the problems others have reported. It's very important you be careful who you rent from. If you rent directly from Summit management rather than a realtor, the front desk can help you if you should experience problems.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side and higher floors are a little quieter. Also, be careful who you rent from.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IronGirl05
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to the Summit and that you are pleased with the new onsite rental management. The Summit is a great choice for visitors to the Panama City Beach area as it is in the heart of the city. We hope to see you return soon for another triathlon or if your travel plans bring you back to this area sooner.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nope, have stayed here several times over past years! Nope, never again! - Room was ok, not the best, mold on ceiling tile in bathroom and living room/kitchen area. I don't think it is a cleaning problem, i think it is an "needs to be refurbished/remodeled" problem. The areas have been patched and patched so many times, they it doesn't help anymore, water leaks all over the ceiling tiles. BUT, the main problem is the elevators, they do not work half the time, they are slow and they continuously pass up floors. They need to be 'OVERHAULED'. They shut down one of the elevators on Saturday so cleaning crews could do their job. Really, we ended up hauling all of our stuff down 6 flights of stairs in order to leave. You continously had to wait at least 20 minutes or more for the elevators. We always had to walk down the elevators or up the elevators. Come on guys!!! Upgrade!! It's suppose to be our vacation not a "work out" and Clean the area up. The trash compactor is right out front when you walk in and smells hidicous! not only that, but looks hidious and very nasty!
Next trip - i will pay the extra dollars to stay some where else - I look for this place to be closed down very soon!!!

5  Thank debmac08
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback. I assure you that I personally have discussed your concerns with the building elevators and overall upkeep with the Homeowner Association team. All issues are being taken seriously and addressed. We do hope that you will change your mind and stay with us again to see the improvements and enjoy a great beach vacation at Summit Condominiums.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is about as economical as you can get and be on the beach. It was a last minute choice for us to visit and this was one of the few places with an opening so we thought we'd give it a shot. It is definitely an older property with a rough crowd. The staff tends to do a decent job of managing the property considering the amount of rooms/people. If you are looking for a place on the beach for the least amount, I would recommend this place. If you don't mind spending another $100 per night, there are MUCH nicer places to stay with a more modern environment and fewer people. Overall it was ok but we won't be staying there again.

3  Thank WorldsBestDad5
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback. Our resort is in a great location, right in the heart of Panama City Beach and directly located on the Gulf of Mexico. Every unit is Gulf Front and there are many amenities located at our property. Although the resort is not brand new, we do work hard to keep it maintained and enjoyable for all guests. I do hope that you will change your mind and stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I want to preface by saying that we found this place last minute. However, I think we could have found something where the upkeep was much better.
At first glance it wasn't a bad looking place. Good location, decent amenities, etc. The cleanliness of the rooms and the building was a major let down. The elevators are very rundown, the smell on the ground floor walking in is terrible, the doors are broken and look unsightly. The wifi is barely existent. There shouldn't be an advertisement for wifi.
Our room- the sliding glass door is barely sliding. The screen has a HUGE tear in it. The sofa bed is a joke; the mattress is nasty (no
one slept on it). The couch and chair could use a good steam clean. The refrigerator was disgusting on the side, like it hasn't been washed in a loong time. We had 2 rolls of toilet paper; one in each bathroom, so we had to buy more. We also had to buy paper towels. The dishwasher was broken. The bathroom doors didn't shut without a lot of force.
I realize a lot of this is the owner's responsibility, but be cautious anyway- take pictures so you're not blamed.
On a positive note, we had a view of the beach, two pools, a mini mart and drink and snack machines, and a tiki bar ($$$). If you have a family, it's a good location except for the bar next door. They're open til around 3am Thursday thru Sunday nights. Hope this helped somewhat.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank FMTeacher

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am sorry for the issues you experienced with the upkeep of the resort and your rental unit. Each unit is privately owned, however if you did rent through the onsite management we do have onsite maintenance and housekeeping. Our goal is for our guests to enjoy a problem-free stay and I do hope that you will try us again so that next time we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here after traveling all the ways across the country from idaho and the people running the place were rude the room was old and in need of repair,and worst of all they attempted to double charge us at the end of our stay. Do not spend your money here the rates are horrible the staff are rude and down right crooked.

Room Tip: Go to another establishment
5  Thank rockcrawler88

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your time at The Summit. We do strive to ensure that our guests have a trouble-free stay. Although, I am not sure who you rented from, I am positive that no one would intentionally try to double charge you. I do hope that you understand and will try our property again to experience a great beach vacation like so many others who have stayed with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Who ever cleans, dosen't do a good job. Had to clean bathroom. The corners were nasty in the bathroom alone with the tub, there was mold all over the vents. Had to wash all the dishes that we use, they had food left in them from pass guess. The pool areas were clean and kept. Security could have been more present.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you providing your feedback. I do apologize for the cleanliness. Although, I do not know who you rented from, I can inform you that the onsite management does have onsite housekeeping. We are glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the resort including the pool area and we hope to have you return to the Summit in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in a room rented from vrbo. I don't know if they use the same cleaners, but our tub/shower corners were nasty. I told my owner, but never heard back. Also, the patio door did not lock. It is an old bldg, but I thought the pools, hot tubs, and kiddie pool areas were kept up. They have laundry on site--very hot in there. Bikini bobs was nice to have because I felt like a lot of food in pcb is overpriced. I always saw security around and the front desk staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: The elevators are very busy and sometimes slow, so if you are in a lower level you could use the sta...
1  Thank Michelleapt
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback. When renting through the onsite rental company, we do have on-call housekeeping. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and all the amenities that Summit has to offer. We hope to see you again soon when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.