“The summit was not a good idea.”

The Summit Condominiums
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Room #202
We arrived June 30, 2013. When we arrived we had to wait on our room to be cleaned. They said they would call when it was ready but didn't. We went back at check-in time and got in without a problem. We ran out of garbage bags and asked for more and they gave us a couple but told us we had to buy our own. We also had to buy our own paper towels...ok. Then Thursday we have flood warnings, heavy rain, ankle deep water and we had to park at Spinnaker parking lot and walk back to our room because the parking lot was full. They wouldn't even let my husband drop me off at the condo and go back to park our vehicle. Our room was not clean. It had a horrible smell. I even brought a plug-in and you can't even smell it for the stinch in here. Dirty carpet, floors, walls. I found a pair of shorts in a chair when we arrived so I'm sure they didn't clean the area I found them in. I will be looking for another spot next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank DAE5
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I do apologize for the condition of your unit. Our units are condominiums and they are fully equipped with an initial supply of items in the unit. With the full house of the Holiday weekend, our security must keep control of our traffic flow for all of our guests convenience and safety. We do hope that you understand and will try out resort again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Summit Condominiums

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I arrived 6/21 this room did not have washer/dryer, all pictures on wall were crooked , lamp shades where half on, sand was on couch & all over living room table. I have NEVER in 4 years I have stayed at The Summitt had a more NASTY disgusting room. I would not walk on the carpet due to the filth that was obvious. Pretty sure there was bacteria build up in the carpet. This room is very dated and to be honest UGLY. Not to mention 13' TV in master , 19' inch TV in the living area. For $250.00 Per NIGHT I will stay someplace else going forward, Im sure I can more room for my money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha G
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I do apologize about the issues you experienced during your stay. We do take your concerns seriously and I assure you they will be followed up with the appropriate department heads. We hope this does not discourage you from returning and trying our resort again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family of 4 rented from Tony Heun, private owner on vrbo. We stayed in unit 217. The room had a newly updated kitchen that was fully stocked and had a large washer and dryer. The new bathroom and shower were extremely nice. The room was the cleanest I have stayed in years. It was convenient to be on the second floor so we did not have to wait for the elevators that seemed to be backed up at times. The property itself have great amenities especially the great prices and great food at bikin bobs. My family will definitely be returning in the future to this unit again. The owner was pleasant and easy to deal with.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Shannon270

Thank you so much for providing this great feedback! We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your unit and the resort. The Summit is a great property with all beach front units right on the “world’s most beautiful beaches”. We hope to see you back at Summit again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The day of check in we arrive to total chaos a man jumped off the building.and from seeing the condition of my unit I would jump to the place was filthy pretty much a high rise trailer park and this place is part of the resort collection so we moved to another property the next day emerald beach this place was nicer but upon arriving at 4 housekeeping had never entered our room to clean once we were given keys we enter our room to some rude Mexican name Maria who said she was in charge of housekeeping and said she was inspecting our room and that we could enter once she was done I HONESTLY CAN SAY RESORT COLLECTIONS IS TRASH FROM WHAT I ENCOUNTERED!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank kyli_m72
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. I do apologize and I assure you that we take your comments seriously and they will be addressed with the appropriate department heads. We do hope that you will try one of The Resort Collection properties again, so that we can regain your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were glad to get a room for the price we paid (I know, you get what you paid for) The furniture needs updating and a thorough cleaning. The bunk bed had those panel blinds that were a bad idea. Curtains would of been WAY better. The balcony furniture needs to thrown away. The elevators were a pain to deal with. Had to walk the stairs more than twice. We had to reuse our towels because the maid service did not come at all to change them out. The property made up for the room. Overall, I will stay somewhere else the next time I visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank no n
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We appreciate you providing this feedback. Each unit is privately owned and decorated. Although services differ based on who you rented through, please be aware that most condominium rentals do not provide daily housekeeping. We do hope that you will try us again to enjoy all that Summit has to offer.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at the Summit and it was a very enjoyable experience. We were in room 1503 and loved it. There is some normal wear and tear but nothing that made me go Ugh. The biggest downfall for the time we were there was the elevators

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kerry H
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for providing this great feedback of our rental unit. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Summit and that you will be returning to enjoy another wonderful beach vacation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Wow! Just read some of the current reviews for the Summit and I am wondering if this is the same place that I have enjoyed for the last 3 winters? Granted, my experiences there are limited to the winter - off season and I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near the "ground zero" Summit, Spinaker, Club Levela area of spring break in Panama City Beach. Most if not all of the winter guest clear out by the end of February and the Summit turns a page from a quiet friendly community to a loud and rowdy party fest.

My personal opinion is you need to be careful renting at the Summit as a lot of the units are tired, outdated and furnished with the spring break crowd in mind, but there are very nice, clean and comfortable units as well. I have been in a few very nice units, some just so-so, but none that I wouldn't have stayed in. Last year, I wasn't happy with the mattress, but didn't complain and in the spring, my owner called, and said he was replacing the mattress and I would have a new one for my next stay.

The summit, being an older building does IMHO do a good job of keeping the property in top notch shape. Although the elevators aren't a problem in the winter, I can see, as it gets closer to the end of February, the wait becomes longer and longer - there were a few mechanical problems last winter too. Another feature, snowbirders might consider is the fact all the balconies face the direct sun (although allusive last winter). With some of the new complexes, your condo could very well be facing another part of the building, away from the gulf. On a sunny 65 degree day, it will be 85+ in the shade out there. I would think the balcony would be oppressive on a summer's day and often wonder how people could sit out there without getting overheated - then in the summer months, you may welcome a unit that isn't directly in the sun.

The pool is a major draw to the snowbird crowd and I know of guests that left one year and came back to the Summit the next, because their pool wasn't heated and also no one was using it. I know that the management team did change at the Summit and there was a rumor that the new team, wasn't going to heat the pool. Hopefully that won't happen as it would end a good portion of the winter repeat renters.

The parking consists of a large lot at street level and not a deck or parking across Thomas Drive as some of the new condominiums have. Of course if you don't mind carrying groceries that extra distance, this won't be a concern.

Although the Summit isn't the prettiest "girl" on the beach, I find it for the most part to be clean, comfortable and a good value for the winter traveler.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jctusa

Thank you for providing this informative feedback on your experience as a Snowbird at the Summit Beach Resort. Our property is a wonderful facility for our winter guests and there is a great social community that comes back year after year. You are correct that the winter season is quite different that the Spring and does attract a different clientele. We do work hard at making the property accommodating for all types of guests. The pools are maintained by the homeowner’s association and we have not been informed that there will be any changes to them heating the pools in the winter. We look forward to seeing you again and enjoying another season with you.