“Lot of space, great stay”

The Summit Condominiums
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Lot of space, great stay”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

So my wife and I were looking to take a summer trip to PCB. We hunted through listings and luckily came across The Summit.

We rented through Emerald Coast Destinations, condos looked promising and the prices were good. Our rental was a one-bedroom, and even for a one bedroom it almost gave us too much space! Everything was clean on arrival, the furniture was relatively new and well-maintained, and all of the appliances worked like a charm. The flatscreen TV was a refreshing surprise, given how dated a lot of condos around PCB can be. Getting to the balcony was easy. We couldn’t get over how relaxing those sunsets were.

While we generally beelined to the beach (private beach access), the pools were refreshing one especially hot day when we needed some relief from the sun. We rarely left the resort. Between cooking in the condo and the restaurant on site we were mostly set for food, though we did shop at Pier Park for a day. Way too many shops to hit in a day, and the heat drained us. Keep hydrated!

We’re going back to The Summit asap. There’s so much more to see and do, and the beach is in a class all its own. (The Jet Skis are way too much fun! Don’t pass them up!)

Room Tip: Plan your trip out in advance. There's way too much to do. Higher floors have a great view of th...
1 Thank Cody M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
covington,Ga
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our family went down for the week of the july 4th. We have stayed here many times at the same time of year before. This year, we were appauled at the things that went on there. Young teenage kids staying in rooms unsupervised, walking around drinking, and even smoking pot in the breeze ways, at the pools , kids urinating off the 15 floor balcony etc.I am talking about kids that ranged from 14 to 18 years old doing these things. What are the parents of these kids thinking about. This place was out of control. My daughter was hit in the back with an egg that came from the 12 or 15 floor. Half filled plastic bottles were being thrown while families were trying to watch the firework display, so we had to watch the balconies instead. Those things coming down that far could have seriously injured people, and even killed someone.Things falling from those balconies only pick up speed and are very dangerous to the ones who just happen to be right under them. That is putting the lives of our families at risk. I will never stay here again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy P

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Midland city, al
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed there the 16th thru the 22nd of July 2012 in room 915. The room was kinda old and run down had mold and mildew on the ceiling but was not awful, that is until we started getting strange bites on us. At first I wasnt sure what they were but then they popped up everywhere on both me and my husband. I googed the bites when we got home and after looking through all the pics online and realizing the bites were in places our pjs werent, I knew it was bed bugs. I work at the hospital so I got one of the doctors I work with to check them out and he confirmed they were definately bed bug bites. I called the hotel to tell them about it because I wanted them to know before anyone else could stay in that room, I was asked for my number and told they would check it out and that they would call me back. Of course they never called, so I called back the next day and the "maintenence" guy told me he looked and didn't see anything. Of course they would say that, I told them I wanted my cleaning deposit refunded because the room obvioulsy wasn't clean and I thought this was reasonable for the extremely itchy rash of bites that both me and my husband hae been having to deal with. Then they put me on speakerphone and two people started attacking me, saying at one point it could have been sand fleas, and how did they know I didn't stay somewhere else for a night, and that they would have maybe considered it if I had asked for my entire trip to be refunded but since I didn't and only asked for the cleaning deposit back they didn't believe me. Then there story jumped to having a pest control team come out and they didn't see anything and then after that they claimed they had two pest control people come to check out the room. The were extremely nasty and rude, taking turns yelling at me, calling me a liar, and saying that I couldn't prove it. I told them I was gonna write a review and tell everyone I know that i got bit by bed bugs there and they said that I was trying to black mail them for my cleaning deposit back. I mean really, if I was gonna go to the trouble of black mailing them dont you think I would have done it for the whole trip cost, not to mention the cost of having to have my house treated because you can easily bring them home with you in your luggage. I even offered to send them pics of the bites and then they started saying I had to have it in writing from a doctor. I fully believe that if they really did have a pest control team up there that they went up the day before and changed the mattress after I called the first time so they wouldn't be responsible otherwise they wouldn't have come up with soooo many different excuses about what could have happened. I have never been so upset or felt so badgered in my whole life, so now you can add to the list of injury emotional damages. Do not stay here you will get bed bugs! If anyone wants to see my pics of my bites send me an e-mail if you would like to see for yourself that I am not lying. We also had to get rid of our luggage which was chaps and cost like $500.00 and I have the receipt to prove that and the receipt from having to have my house treated for a secondary infestation so I can prove that too!

Room Tip: 915 is not the room for you!!!! Also indoor hot tub was broken on our stay, probably been broken for...
3 Thank Liz P
Evansville
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When I phoned for the reservation the gentleman on the phone told me we would be on the 10th floor in a very nice room. Regretably I did not get anything in writing. When we arrived I was given keys to a room on the 2nd floor. I questioned the person at the office and was told that's what my reservation showed. The room overlooked the pool, which was full of screaming children, and was right by the elevator. The quiet time between 11:00 pm and 7 am was NOT enforced and other than by the pool, security was lacking. It was loud the majority of the night with people yelling & running up and down the walkway outside the rooms. So much for a relaxing vacation.

4 Thank Bev B
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked the room on the web, apparently a different area to check in than the area everyone else was checking in. Long lines there. No issues upon check in other than everyone using the elevators at the same time. Our unit is privately owned. Washer/ dryer, all the amenities of home. Hotel is conveniently located right on the beach. Two pools, a little crowded, recommended getting there early to get a seat. Overall, not bad, hotel is showing signs of age, have to wear a wristband at all times since its a private facility, good security, but no outside guests are allowed. Would I rent again, yes, would I save up a little more and try for something a little nicer? Perhaps.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Stout1967
hillview
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was a horrible vacation because of the Bob and Mark. NEVER RENT FROM THEM!!!!!!!!Very unprofessional!!!!!!! for all of you who had a problem with no resolution, consider contacting the Better Business Buereau and filing a complaint. and also the Attorney General office.

Room Tip: DON'T rent from these people!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank mad170
Imperial, Missouri
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This Condominium is in a great location. All the rooms are ocean view andthe beach is just a few steps away. The area is very clean and the beach has white sand. There is a restaurant called Bikini Bobs with reasonably priced food and a small store onsite. I recommend going to HammerHead Freds and MelloMushroom Pizza right across the road.

Room Tip: Condo 126 was on the first floor. The owners take good care of the place.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family