“DO NOT RENT THROUGH HANNON SUMMIT RESERVATIONS”

The Summit Condominiums
Bainbridge, Georgia
“DO NOT RENT THROUGH HANNON SUMMIT RESERVATIONS”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

First, I thought I was going through the Summit for reservations and found out 4 days before out stary that I was not. No problem I thought. Go there and walked into the bottom bunk mattress in the hallway, top bunk not made, only had 3 washcloths in bathroom, floor was filthy. Called Micheal Hannon to make sure unit had been cleaned, Unit #607, he assured me it had, said Pest Control had come and sprayed behind stove and the bunk beds back up to that wall so that's why is was pulled out. I should have know then something was wrong. Had to mop floor and make up bunk beds. Next morning one of my sons said he felt something crawling on him during the night and had 3 bites on him. Pulled the sheets and mattress pad off and there were BED BUGS!! Both alive and dead!! Went down to office and they said they would call Michal Hannon, that this was totally unacceptable, and he would call us. When he called, said he would refund our money but that was all. Office personnel were very helpful, said they would move us to one of their rooms. We had to wash all clothes we brought with us including ones we had on. Took 4 hours of our day. New room was much better,cleaner. Never again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Kathy F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This place is terrible I will never ever go back they are the nastiest place on earth the floors were dirty the furniture was so old and dirty a homeless person wouldn't have it the staff in the front office is rude and grumpy also security sucks as well this place tried to charge me 200 dollars for a rip in the chair and a hole in a plastic table that was there before we got there....this place is for rednecks and people who just wanna get laid my daughter also got lice here its so gross I'm so thankful we didn't catch anything any worse..... I hate it for people who go here.....

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank ashleyybabyy

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Moulton, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I love The Summit and have owned a timeshare there for 18 years. My unit "sleeps 6" and we were provided with 2 partial rolls of toilet paper and one full roll for a week. I went to the office to get more TP, as I have always done in the past, and was told I could buy some for $.50 a roll in the Gift Shop. Only the Gift Shop didn't have any. Lesson learned.....bring your own toilet paper.

Room Tip: We only have one large garbage bag, so I guess I need to buy some of those, too......
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kaceyef
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 25, 2011

All of the condos in the Summit are individually owned so I guess the quality of wach room can vary. We stayed in room 1110. It was very clean and tastefully decorated. The resort itself is nice. It has 2 big pools, 2 kiddie pools. The security is nice. They make sure to check arm bands and car hangers every time you come in off the strip or the beach. The pool closes at 11pm and the bar closes at 1am. I went with my husband, 2 small kids (6 & 2) and my mother. We all enjoyed ourselves. The staff was very nice and the security team was friendly with my children. Bikini Bobs is really my only complaint. It definately was NOT worth the money and was DIRTY!!!! On Saturdays the elevator is very slow and not airconditioned.I like that it was in walking distance to just about everything. We rented thru the student breaks center and Mark Peevy was very nice. Hope this helps after reading all the negative reviews. We will go back and just stick to the unit we know is nice.

2 Thank mlmma
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We booked late so we didn't have a lot of options but if we knew how bad this place was, we would have stayed home. Someone needs to take a wrecking ball to this place. The pool was nice but so crowded that you were shoulder to shoulder with everyone. Everyone had a tattoo and hauling their beer to the beach. If you live in a trailer and want a cheap trip with your neighbors then this is your place. Our room floors were so dirty that our feet were black from walking around. The carpet had cigarette burns and was the original from 20 yrs ago. Run away, FAST!

atlanta
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have stayed here many times before, some trips were really bad due to the condo itself. much like the other negative reviews. This time I rented again through Gary and Juanita Armstrong Vrbo #19960. room 1320.. it was perfect!! we arrived the room was clean... and I mean clean!! it smelled clean! no tears in furniture no holes in walls, no searching for sheets to find there aren't any! well stocked, clean room with great view over the pool!! The only negatives were due to the HUGE numbers of teens running around pushing elevator buttons, and massive numbers at the pools... This was due to some kind of softball tournament and the nasty seaweed and algae in the ocean.. Was so sad we just couldnt get in it for the whole week.. but that is no one's fault. Bikini Bobs is a neat little joint for some chicken fingers or snacks.. really good sweet tea for .99!!! the prices are reasonable.. spinnakers next door great drinks and typical beach food. the people who were out at 8am putting out towels were the worst!!! staking out chairs then never ever using them, it just rude I do wish security would do something about this as I paid for the use of something that was never available until late afternoon when the little kids were tired and parents left to go upstairs or others decided to leave!! We had a nice time, and If I come back to pcb, would rent from these people again..

Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We rented from a gentlemen named Bob Sweet, Room 519. The room was suppose to be newly remodeled but when we got there it was needing a little TLC....paint to cover scuffs, hole in the wall, knobs missing, handle on patio door hanging on by 1 screw, the grout in the Kitchen and Bathroom needs cleaning and I had to buy cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom and believe me I'm not Mrs. Clean, the area rug in living room is filthy and needs to be thrown away and replaced, there was only 2 wash cloths and no way to wash dishes by hand = no dish cloth or sponge....had to buy a sponge and the shower curtain and liner needs replacing because it is full of mold. The cleaning people need to be fired and actually I think he cleans it and really doesn't have a cleaning service. This is one time I should of believed the other reviews I read!!! You can tell it has been used for spring break and not taken care of...this could be a really nice condo with some Tender Loving Care. He should take the time to fix it up and not constantly rent it. The elevator situation really sucks!!! It takes forever to go anywhere!!! We did love Bikini Bob's and the convenience store and tiki bar...but you had to get up at the crack of dawn to get a chair at the pool and if you wanted an umbrella for shade...People put towels on chairs to save them and then just leave but according to the sign security would take them off if you weren't there but I only saw that happen once....so much for sleeping in on vacation. We were also there during the Girls World Series so there was a ton of kids there for tournaments...people that had been there before had never seen it so crowded and unfortunately, during this week there was alot of seaweed on the beach and in the water.. We did meet a lot of nice people at the pool.

Room Tip: Room is in good location and was pretty quiet except when someone would walk by the window being lou...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple