“Food good, service friendly, atmosphere sterile”
Review of The Egg and I

The Egg and I
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Okay, it was breakfast, not a romantic dinner. The restaurant appeared clean. Service was friendly. Food arrived quickly. My egg white omelet was delicious and prepared as I requested with no dairy products involved. My wife's blueberry pancake was enormous. One pancake hung over 3 sides of a serving platter. She ordered 2 eggs and bacon on the side and couldn't finish. I just wish it was a little less bright and sterile.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We couldn't find the breakfast restaurant we were looking for, so we stopped here instead. Glad we did! Spacious restaurant, friendly staff, and good food! The a/c was on high when we got there so it was really cold, but the owner turned it down and the temperature was fine. The only other thing that is very important is the seating: wooden benches for the booths and wood chairs for the tables. Neither is comfortable. You definitely won't linger long after eating! My husband just had a regular egg & bacon breakfast which he said was good. I tried something different and ordered the strawberry, banana, walnut waffle which was extremely delicious! Would definitely go back here again. Just wished they'd change the seats! Note: Ice Tea was freshly made and soooo good! (so many restaurants serve so-so tea, but not this one!)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate here twice while in Panama City. First we got there about 9:30 it was packed had about 20-30 minute wait. When we finally got seated food was very good. I got eggs bacon and pancakes. The only pancakes they have we're wheat pancakes, but they were very good. My son just got toast and bacon. The bill was pretty high for just us two was about 24.00. They also have internet which was very fast.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We read a bunch of good reviews on this place, but found it lacking when we went. We went for breakfast on Saturday morning around 08:00 CT. We ordered coffee and an assortment of meals. The coffee was not hot, the roasted potatoes were cool, and one person's waffle was cool. The service was good, and the rest of the food was good, just too many errors to have such great reviews.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

10 minute wait was actually 30. Sat down...waited another 10 minutes. Food took 30 minutes. Don't go on a Sunday I guess.