“Best breakfast in Panama City Beach”
Review of The Egg and I

The Egg and I
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Houston, Texas
“Best breakfast in Panama City Beach”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a real gem hidden away. Great food, excellecent service and value fir money. Owner is friendly and has actually stopped at our table evrytime. My family and I ate here three days this week. Best out there, wuty reak helathy choices as well as family favs.

“Awesome place.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been comming to PCB for years and have tried to find a good place for breakfast. I finally found a great one!! The food was very good! Hot, fresh and we didn't have to wait an hour for it. The service was friendly and attentive. When I walked in I was amazed of the amount of seating offered very deceiving from the outside. The place is not hard to find but it isn't on the main front beach area where your dealing with all the crowds. If your looking for great food in I mild environment, check this place out!!

“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great place for breakfast in PCB. Everything was fresh,large portions, staff was friendly and tentative. Manager came and checked on us. Returned following day to try something else on the menu se great food and service. A+

Roanoke, Virginia
“Just okay breakfast in paradise”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having lived in PCB for many years, I always try to find new places when we visit. The Egg and I, unfortunately, was just mediocre.

They did take call ahead seating which saved us a long wait on site. At first look, the menu was tempting with many southwestern-style breakfast choices. We ordered the Santa Fe Huevos, The Hiker Benedict and Corned Beef Hash and Eggs. The hiker was bland with barely steamed portobella mushrooms and little diced pieces of ham. It needed an actual piece of ham rather than the sprinkling of pre-packaged ham cubes. The corned beef hash was again lacking in protein- lots of potato but little beef. The santa fe was the shining star- lots of black beans and we ordered Christmas-style (half salsa, half green chili). The 3 of us fought over that dish and it redeemed the meal. Our server was very attentive and brought us coffee to go when we asked for the check.

Overall, it was okay but not a place we would go out of our way to eat at when in town. Andy's and Another Broken Egg are still the staples in this area.

• Visited July 2013
Everglades City, Florida
“Good food new twist”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great place clean, great staff good food. One of the best places in Panama city beach. Had the Mexican breakfast and would go back for more. wife and kid ate the plates clean and that is a good complement. If in town a good place for a good meal.

• Visited January 2013