“What a great find!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We found this restaurant (as others) by checking here on TripAvisor and wow are we glad we did. We would have never seen this restaurant which was tucked away inside a small mall like area. Upon arrival early Sunday morning, we thought the place was closed, since there were no cars in the front parking lot. We were warmly greeted at the door by two friendly hostesses and found that we had arrived just before the morning rush.

My wife claimed that the Eggs Benedict was the absolute best she's ever eaten, (this makes the second time this trip she's said such great comments) and I found myself batting 500 after choosing two great restaurants in two days. Our food was hot, the portions appropriate, and the coffee great tasting. We noticed that even the ice water tasted great which was a pleasant change from other restaurants.

Our waitress was incredibly nice, and the service couldn't be better. Top that with a very reasonable bill, made this one of the best places we've tried. You'd never know this was a franchise type restaurant. We've definitely added The Egg and I to our list of "must visit" places when we travel to Panama City Beach, FL!

Date of visit: January 2013
2  Thank Counsellor S

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The title says it all. Whether you want the usual eggs and bacon, or a Belgian waffle, or a trim-fit option, or you have a group that needs some of all of it...it's available at The Egg and I. And the coffee is fabulous! And the prices are very reasonable. This was our first time to this restaurant, but we will be regular customers from now on.

Date of visit: December 2012
1  Thank BamaDiver
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have eaten at several Egg & I restaurants across the country, & were very glad to see one has opened here. Good food & atmosphere, had a cheery & efficient waitress. Other than the coffee being overpriced, we really like this place.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My family of four dined after the lunch rush on a weekday. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. The decor is inviting and the restaraunt is clean and modern. Menu is large but has good descriptions. The food was all delicious including the kids meals. I ordered coffee and was disappointed to learn after our waitress brought a cup and thermos that I had more choices of gourmet coffee. I wish she had asked me when I ordered since I had not even opened the menu yet. That was a minor gripe, the server did a good job otherwise and now I know. She more than made up for it by spoiling my kids and making sure we were well taken care of throughout the meal.We will return and I look forward to trying more of the dishes.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you like roosters this is the perfect place for you. Lunch of tortilla salad (lettuce was wet) and an Arizona sandwich was disappointing. They are going for the main stream here with minimal flavour. Breakfast menu did look appealing so will try for that next time.

Date of visit: November 2012