“Wow! This place is fantastic!”

Mike's Cafe and Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Wow! This place is fantastic!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Best oysters ever! This place is small, but don't let that fool you. Great food, nice selection of adult beverages, and the absolutley beat oysters I have ever tasted!

Peachtree City, Georgia
“Favorite Restaurant on the Beach”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in a condo near Mike's and it was recommended by the condo owner. Although I never been an oyster lover or even an oyster liker, I decided to give Mike's baked oysters a chance and I'm glad I did. Our party shared a dozen baked oysters. Mike's does them lots of ways. We tried the Mornay, Rockefeller, Parmsian and PCB baked and they were all outstanding. My personal fav was the PCB baked with creamy, not hot, horseradish and parmesian. I also stole a few of my husband's fried oysters and they were equally fabulous. On a return visit we had the oyster stew; a creamy, peppery concoction with whole oysters. It was incredible. Everything we ate at Mike's was terrific but I would drive back from Atlanta tomorrow just for the oysters.

A few things to know ... the building actually contains 2 separate dining areas. In the evening for dinner only the smaller oyster bar side is open which makes for limited seating and potentially long waits. On our second visit our party of 6 was told the wait would be an hour and forty-five minutes. We watched a few parties leave to go elsewhere but we decided to stick it out and our diligence was rewarded when we were seated only twenty-five minutes later. My advice is to get there early for dinner and wait it out if your have to. The food is worth it!

Jackson
“Best Breakfast”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Go every time I'm in Panama City Beach. The best S.O.S. in PCB. Everything I've had there had been absolutely delicious! You've got to try this place.

“Great for Breakfast”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We went on a recommendation from our hotel and it was very good. Lots to choose from and good portion sizes. Was very pleased all around and would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
Marion, Arkansas
“Excellent breakfast spot...”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Didn't get a chance to try lunch or the oyster bar during this trip to PCB, but will next time. Nice clean family oriented place. Prices are reasonable, portions are good, and food was delicious. Wait staff was friendly. This will be my go-to place for breakfast on my next trip to PCB!

• Visited May 2013