Sunbird Suites
$110
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Terrace Motel(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Pool
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$105
$124
Hampton.com
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$112
$109
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
$98
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn & Suites of Panama CIty Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
SleepInn
Palmetto Inn & Suites(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$105
All reviewsgated parkingwest towerlocation is amazingthrough vrboparking passocean frontprivate beachgreat condoheated poolpoolspcbtennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I booked our stay through bookit.com and like other reviews that I read I thought that our room was paid for until a day before we were supposed to leave and found out about the 200.00 deposit that has to be made when you check in. We did however get a 50.00 gas card from bookit.com for 25.00 so that was a plus. I thought that the room that we stayed in was very nice although the beds could have been a little more comfortable,but they were clean and had a very nice suede comforter and pillows that was very nice. We didn't have good water pressure in the kitchen but thank goodness we had it everywhere else in the room. We paid 129.00 per night and it was only supposed to be for a partial gulf view but when we got in the room it was a full gulf view which I was very pleased with. The pool that is between the 2 towers was very shaded so it always stayed cold so we took the kids to the beach just about everyday. The security in and out of the hotel was very tight which was a very good thing because you had to have a code to get in the hotel. The housekeeping was very nice and helpful whenever we needed anything. Although we had to wait at least an hour for our room to be ready I completley understood because 50 units had to be cleaned before they could give us our room plus some of the keys had not been returned so they had to get more made I guess. All in all it was a very enjoyable visit and everybody was very friendly and the room was worth the money that we paid for it. I will have to base my next visit on when and if I get our 200.00 deposit back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I booked through the owner at VRBO website. We were on the 7th Floor in the West Tower. I liked it alot! No, it is not one of the new 30 stories high mega places, but it wasn't $2000/week either! We paid $850 for 7 nights in May that included the rental, tax and cleaning fee. Yes we also had to pay the $200 security deposit, but got in back about a week after we left! Our condo was great! Clean, well decorated, comfortable. We did not have to drag our stuff from across the street to get to the building. The place is gated. I saw where someone said the pool was small, but it isn't. What are you comparing it to? Actually, in the center pool you can SWIM. It is long and goes to 8' deep. Not like these loopy winding pools that are in the huge places. And there are 2 smaller pools at each end. We loved the view, walking to pineapple willy's for drinks, etc. Ours was a B unit. Views all around the beach. No complaints here, but it seems the key is to rent through the owner. We stayed in 7th Heaven.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I really enjoyed staying at the Sunbird Condo's. I felt it was very nice and the price was very reasonable. The only negative I would have to say was that housekeeping was lacking and they really didn't do much except for making sure that we had clean towels. Housekeeping showed up most days late in the afternoon when we were trying to get cleaned up to go out for dinner. There were a few things in the condo which needed to be updated or replaced but overall it was very nice and I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank kadhad
Reviewed April 4, 2008

My family and I went here for several days. The rooms are nothing fancy but met my needs. It could have used some cleaning here and there, but for the most part it was a good stay. There is only one bedroom in each unit. There was great security at night with this being a high school spring break week. All in all, an adequate place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Lets start with the good:

1. The price was good. $109 for a corner 1-bed condo with a great view
2. We were able to check in about 3 hours earlier than the scheduled check-in time
3. Front desk staff was very nice & efficient and they gave us a comp Spring break survival kit (ok...so basically it was toothpaste, and Pepto-Bismol lol)
4. They do offer daily housekeeping, which basically consists of throwing dirty dishes in the dishwasher and making the bed.
5. Location is good..a short walk to the Super clubs and right next to Pineapple Willy's.
6. The elevators worked well, the pools were nice and the beach is lovely.
7. The complimentary beach chairs are nice too!
8. Excellent security. There were guards everywhere. I felt very comfortable.

The Bad:
1. The room Key was an old fashioned 1970's KEY not a credit card key.
2. The room was pretty rundown. Old stained furniture & walls
3. It looked like someone had had previously tried to break in, the wood around the door frame was all broken, it would have been pretty easy for someone to push it on open.
4. The balcony furniture was molded, raggedy and rusted.

The Ugly:

The room Was NASTY. The sheets had not been changed, (trust me, it was obvious) The kitchen was disgusting. And there was still grit and sand on the floor. I spent the first hour of my getaway cleaning. :( I was not happy.
We only had 2 towels even though there were 3 of us....You cannot get any towels at the front desk, they "leave a note" for housekeeping....it was the next evening before we got clean towels.

SO...Overall, this place HAS so much potential. If the rooms could get just a little freshening up with fresh paint & new furniture and made sure housekeeping thoroughly cleaned the rooms, then I'd recommend it, but right now, I wouldn't go back there to stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family