“Vacation from hell”
Review of Sunbird Suites

Sunbird Suites
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Rented unit 1005 east at sunbird . Never again very dated with furniture from goodwill. The ceiling
Fan in the bedroom looks like its been there since 1985 when it was built along with the kitchen cabinets and the dishwasher which leaves food stuck on your silver wear . The toilet seat was broke upon arrival . The fan in the bathroom didn't work. The tvs in the living room and bedroom did not work . Someone finally came and brought new toilet seat and he tried to fix tvs but only managed to fix one in living room he said the other tv needed new remote from xfinity . You only got 1 hot cup of coffee with cheap old coffee maker . Someone had to bring new one. The only thing updated was the tile floor big whoop . The people in the hoa office were very rude and do not like vacationers they are there for the condo owners and do not like condo owners who rent there condos out. They towed are scooter with absoutely no warning what so ever and had to pay $87.50 to get it back. When you stay at sunbird you are an inconvenience . We will never stay there again . I wouldn't stay there if you gave me a room for free . Don't waste your time or money. We found out that the hoa board is made up of non renting home owners therefor they do not like vacationers and Telly don't want you there. Well they don't have to worry about me anymore.

Room Tip: Very dated from 1985
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie5013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well my stay was good. Perfect location. Perfect hotel. One thing could have been better about hotel was I wish it had a hot tub. Also I will not be returning due to how I was done by ROYAL AMERICAN do not stay with them! We drove 9 hours got their and was charged several fees that were never mentioned when we paused our deposit over the phone also we were gave 4 towels for 4 people and was told to use our own money and wash them and tuff luck for anymore we weren't getting anymore Towels WILL NOT STAY THROUGH THEM AGAIN! People down their we're paying 99$ a night where as we paid around 200$ we got ripped not including the fees!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 222triplover
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first stay at Sunbird and might be our last. the condo owner that we rented from was nice and easy to work with. the onsite HOA was friendly and was able to answer my questions regarding the facility. However this place is very dated and in need up some serious overhaul. The boardwalk/deck around the pools and beach are in bad shape and need to be replaced. the building could use some paint and the pools need new chairs and add some umbrellas. The condo that we rented was very small, even though we did not spend much time in it it would have been nice to have a bigger floor plan and maybe a 2 bedroom.( i was advise by the HOA office they don't have 2 bedroom options)
A positive they have 3 pools and they were clean and clear, the beach access is gated and you muse have an arm band and pass code to enter and return to the grounds. The parking is gated and there is a security guard onsite 24/7. The beach is nice a quiet and clean in front of the condo and the chair rental guys were super nice and friendly.
For the money we spent it was nice a did the job, however we will be budgeting for a bigger place next time around.
Rent and stay at your own risk

Room Tip: If there is more that 2 people or 2 adults and a small child stay somewhere else unless you get a co...
1  Thank J D
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in condo unit 802 West! The bed was rock hard. There was only one Tv and it was in the living area. The refrigerator did not work unless it was on high. A/C worked but not well. Bird poo stacked up on the balcony. Not a very nice condo. We have stayed in some cheaper and nicer. Only one swimming pool and it was very cold and in the shadow most of the day. Will not be staying there ever again.

1  Thank BeachBabes30s
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked this place through bookit.com, through Royal American, through Sun Bird. When I got there we had to pay another $150 on top of what I paid through bookit for "resort fee" (cleaning fee, security deposit which you dont get back, fees to use the pools, etc.) We stayed at the Sunbird resort. The room was somewhat clean but needs some remodeling. The wallpaper was coming off the walls, the tub leaked, and not much hot water (we are a family of four and if you were the last to get a shower you may or may not have hot water). The door going out to the balcony would not lock. When I called to ask about when we would be getting clean towels I was told we would not be getting any that I would need to wash them if I wanted clean towels and was told where the laundry room was for the resort. Who goes on vacation to do laundry. I also asked if someone was going to be by to take out the trash, I was told we would need to take out our own trash and was then told where the trash shoot was. There is a main gate that you have to come through in order to get into the resort with a key pass code and there is also gates with pass codes coming off the beach. Half the time the key pads would not work so we found ourselves "locked out" of the resort. We would have to keep tring the code over and over until it would finally work or we would walk to the next beach access gate and try that one, with little kids that is no fun.
I cant rate the fitness center and kids activity because we never knew where those were, I am sure my kids would have enjoyed some fun activites but there was none to my knowledge.
I will have to say though that the beach in front of this resort was great. It was not crowed at all.

2  Thank Chrissy1022
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our experience was terrific. We checked in with no problems.We stayed in 110w our view was amazing.The staff at Sunbird were great.We are coming back in July.Everything you need is in the vicinity. Pineapple Willy's always had something going on for entertainment. We cooked our own food.We were impressed that the condo had all of the cooking utensils to make perfect meals.This location is amazing, we will continue to book here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After renting 407e on a $99 a night sale, and reading bad reviews on here about the complex we were a bit worried coming down. This was a last minute decision trip, and we were on a tight budget. We were very happy once in the room though. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. The view of the beach was perfect! And the location (right next door to pineapple willys) was excellent. Only down side to the room was the cheap uncomfortable mattresses. We went the first night and bought a foam bed topper to help it out. Still not incredibly comfy but oh well.... The rest of the room made it a minor thing.

• Stayed: May 2013