“Wonderful view”
Review of Beachside Resort

Beachside Resort
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 6/21/14 to 6/25/14 in the Two Rooms with Two Queen Beds with Balcony view.

It was awkward when you walk in there's one bed. You walk thru and there's a refrigerator sink and microwave. Then you have the other room with the other queen bed which also has the TV.

The only place you can hang your clothes is the first room. There is plenty of wall space in the other room where the other bed is located to have a place that you can hang clothes. There is a chest drawer that you can store clothes in but it would be nice to be able to hang your clothes in this room also.

The shower is small but you learn to live with it.

They only cleaned our room 1 day that we were there and that was after complaining several times. The other complaint I have is while we were there, there was a group of younger men there and they appeared to have a jambox and had it blasting so loud that all the rooms around it could hear the music clearly. Don't get me wrong I love music but not while I am trying to rest. I did inform the front desk and they said they would see to it....maybe they did...maybe they didn't because the music continued for days.

The hotel is away from the main drag of Panama City Beach but it was nice to basically have the beach to yourself....it was never overcrowded at all.

I would return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank cbentley98
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for leaving some feedback about your recent stay. First, let me apologize for issues you had with housekeeping. This is not what I expect from our staff and I've addressed this with the housekeeping managers. Also, let me apologize for the issues you had with loud music. I'm sorry that my staff failed to take care of the issue the first time you mentioned it. I have a "one strike" policy with guests that are infringing on the peace and quiet of others, it's obvious from your remarks that this policy was not followed. Again, I'm sorry for the numerous issues during your stay, but I do hope that you will return again and allow us to prove that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

A good friend and I wanted to take a road trip to the beach, but were on a budget and we didn't want to stay in a "roach motel" either! I was skeptical about the quality of this hotel because of its affordability, but I am glad we risked it because we definitely made the right choice! It is noticeable that they put in a lot of time, money and effort into keeping this hotel nice and still affordable. We chose a room on the "parking lot side" which meant we didn't have a balcony or beach view (which we were okay with - we wanted the cheaper option, and knew that we were only going to use the room to sleep in - spend our days out on the beach or at the pool!). The room was very nice, and the bathroom was renovated and very clean. AC unit was very quiet and worked great! I loved that the room felt dry - a lot of beach hotel rooms just feel like everything is damp, especially the floors and linens, but this was not the case! Really impressed. The front desk staff were very attentive, kind and accommodating. Don't be swayed by reviews saying that housekeeping didn't stop by - the housekeepers were great (VERY busy - be understanding - they have a ton of rooms to go through!). The pool was great (loved the chaise lounge chairs!), the poolside bar was awesome, the beach was beautiful.... What more to ask for?? It was about a ten minute drive from "the strip," but we wanted to be further out from the crowds, so this location was perfect. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jenny S

Jenny --
Thanks so much for the gracious comments. I'm so glad that you had a great time. I'll also pass on your comments to our housekeeping department. I often kid them about being the "James Brown's of the hotel", the hardest working folks on the property. It is a tough and often thankless job. Thank you for noticing their dedication. Again, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just stayed at the Beachside for 2 nights June 16th and 17th. Had a room on the 7th floor and my parents were on the 6th floor. Great view from both of these floors. We stayed in the larger, 2 room set up. It's a little awkward how the door opens up right into a bedroom but for the price, this place can't be beat! It was clean and the front desk staff very nice!
It is a basic hotel, nothing fancy but very nice and family friendly.
We swam in the pool a little, also clean and the hot tub was really hot and bubbly.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie D
John L, General Manager at Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Stephanie -
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our property and our staff. I'm so glad you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your staying along the Emerald Coast.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The gulf view from the room was absolutely beautiful. I loved it. The beds were comfortable and I liked that they had a refrigerator in the room. The beach wasn't to crowded you just had to make sure you got out there before 12. I also loved the view from The Reef. It was relaxing to order a drink and watch the sunset. I have to say Ginger, the bartender was very good at her job. She made me any drink I asked for and gave me some good recommendations. I really enjoyed talking her. Most people didn't like that the hotel was a little far from everything but I enjoyed it because it gave me a chance to sightsee and the roads wasn't backed up.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jasmine H

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you had a great time, and you are correct -- nothing beats a great drink while watching another wonderful beach day come to an end. You mentioned Ginger and The Reef bar, Ginger recently joined our team and she has quickly become a guest favorite. Again, thank you so much for staying and the next time you need a day at the beach, we'll be here.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Would not recommend if looking for quality over price. On first arriving in PCB we stopped at the hotel to let them know we were in early, this was at 12:30. We soon learned that we were pretty far from PCB and pretty much everything else. This was good beach wise but we could not walk anywhere else otherwise. They told us that we would be put on the wait list since check-in was not till 4. So we left and came back at 3:45. The room was not ready, and as we sat in the office to wait later on about 5, they asked what we needed? So they gave us free drinks for our wait, which was good. At about 5:30...an hour and a half after check-out they said the room was ready and they offered us a room that was basically on the beach that was the same price. This was great at first, but the water pressure sucked! And on top of that there was a major ANT problem in our room. They were everywhere including the bed and they bit us. It was a decent bed to sleep in and the view was great, but I would not stay here again. Additionally, they only cleaned our room twice out of the five days we were here. Not happy about this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a beach view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mikole_12

First, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Guest feedback is one off the best ways we have to see our property and our process through the eyes of our guests.

Second, let me offer you my sincere apology. I have already spoken with the heads of all of the departments involved. They have been tasked with finding ways to insure that this never happens again.

Again, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I do hope that you will try the hotel again. I would love to prove that what you experienced was an exception and not the rule.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here 6/16 - 619/14 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This place has all the basic amenities for a great price. We stayed in the economy room with 1 queen bed, which was quite small but perfectly functional. this place is located on the west side of panama city beach giving you plenty of space from the clutter of the pier park area. Friendly staff, clean room, good rates, and a great beachfront location make for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ghutch1865

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. The beach has been especially beautiful as of late, I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy it. Again, thank you for staying and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year on a spur of the moment, came back planned this year to stay here. This is a lovely clean family oriented hotel, where the staff is exceptionally wonderful and helpful. Stayed on 2nd floor last year and 6th floor this year, higher up is better for the view but all the rooms are clean and have all you need for a vacation. Located far enough from the main strip to feel away, but only a couple mins drive to everything. Beachside Resort is now going to be our families tradional vacation spot!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank jonathon_candy

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts on your recent stay. I'm so glad that you had a chance to stay a bit longer this year. Again, thank you for the feedback and review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.