“Great Vacation”

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff were all helpful and friendly.. the view spectacular! When I go back to Panama City Beach I would stay again.I was glad to be away from the too big condos and in a less busy area of the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacy W
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm glad you had time to come down, enjoy the beach and have some time to unwind. We can't wait to see you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Gainesville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

NOT a good stay for us. In middle of night woke up due to Loudest AC ever and found big roach crawling across bed EWWW. Needless to say I spent rest of sleepless night checking bed. The front desk help barely acknowledged my complaint and offered NO reimbursement or discounts. Also when room was serviced left no toilet paper. Had to call front desk and then they wanted me to come get it. Very disappointed and will NOT return!! :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank N0leFan
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I am sorry that you did not have a good time! I have talked with our front desk staff to insure that if a guest needs something, it is provided without the guest having to come to the desk if at all possible. Also, you mentioned seeing a roach. We have been working with our pest control company to do all that is possible to keep this from happening. According to them, the extreme amount of rain we've had in the last 10 weeks has caused these pests to seek shelter inside. They have upped the amount of treatments they perform just for this reason. Once more, I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay, but I do hope you will try us the next time you are in the area.
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I took a weekend getaway to Panama City Beach and this was literaally the only hotel left on the beach. I booked a king sized bed room with kitchenette. When I got there, I was somewhat surprised that it was actually a suite...an econo suite. The check-in was very speedy and the lady helping us was very friendly. The hotel was built in 1997 and has a modern feel to it. It didn't look run down from one too many spring breaks. The bed was near perfect. There was a full-sized refrigerator. The only complaints I have is that the bathroom is ridiculous small and there was no water pressure. But all in all it was a positive experience. I would stay there again. Oh, and it is on the dead side of the beach. Good if you want peace and quiet. Bad if you want to visit any attractions.

Room Tip: The king sized bed with sleeper sofa rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S
I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to read that you had issues with the water pressure. You also noted the size of the bathrooms, due to the concrete construction of the building, we were unable to change the room layout during our recent remodel. Again, thank you so much for staying -- we can't wait to see you again!!
Hartsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I took our granddaughter on a spur of the moment trip to the beach..Booked our room fast hoping this would be a good clean place with "Beautiful Beachfront Views" It was just what we wanted..''We loved the location" Its kinda away from the main drag but not to far from everything we wanted to do.. it was newly remodeled and was clean...had clean white sheets and the cleanup ladys and all the staff were so nice and friendly and the view was great. I was very happy with our stay there from July 24- July 28.

Room Tip: The double bed rooms or big.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I was so happy to read about your recent trip to the Beachside Resort. "Relaxing" is one word I've been hearing a lot this summer. With our "down the beach, but close to everything" location you get the best of both worlds, a more relaxed beach feel where you're not over crowded but you're still close to everything at Pier Park or Frank Brown Park. I'll also pass on your kind words to our housekeeping staff. Again, thanks so much for sharing and we can't wait to see you again!!
Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We would stay here again, but on the top floor(7th)We stayed on the 6th floor and people kept throwing drinks and food from above us.The view was breathtaking and relaxing.We enjoy the West end with just a short drive to all the main attractions.. Most of the staff were very helpful and friendly.The only complaint we would have would be the slow hot elevators, but there were only 7 floors, thank God...Overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10 :=)

Room Tip: We had a two room with brand new queen beds on the 6th floor.We didn't see the other rooms, but...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad you took the time to share your thoughts (and your pictures) about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so glad you had a great time!! I'm sorry to read about the issues with people throwing things from their balconies. That's actually a felony in Florida and our policy is immediate eviction if can determine who is doing the throwing. Again I'm so glad you found us and we can't wait to see you again!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

l love to go on vacation anytime I get a chance to go to explore this beautiful country. This hotel is not like a typical resort because it only has a few fancy amnesties within the hotel, but the price for the hotel make it look very attractive to anyone on a budget. You get the most bang for your buck. The hotel is not to far from the pier and great eating places. There is a eating place that is locate on the pier that has the best food called the The Beach House and other one further down the road call Dirty Dicks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so happy that you got to do some exploring around our beautiful area and we can't wait until you get to come explore some more in the near future!!
midsouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Beachside resort and we thought it was a great place at a great price. If you're looking for all the amenities of a five-star hotel, then this is not the place for you, but if you want clean room, beautiful balcony view, gorgeous beaches just out the "back door" (all at a reasonable price), then this is the place. I read all the reviews before booking and it seemed that most of the bad reviews were before the remodel. We had not problems at all. The staff was friendly, check in and out simple, room was huge and clean, pool and hot tub great, and balcony view and access to the beach...priceless. The beaches were never crowded and it seemed the perfect place for a family vacation. We had no issue with housekeeping, everyone was very friendly and helpful. My only suggestion (not complaint) would be to add a small table and chairs in the room (some may have them, ours didn't) to have a place to sit down for a meal. Overall we were extremely happy and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a reasonable-priced stay on a beautiful quiet beach. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy H
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I wanted to thank you for sharing your kind comments about your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. I'm so glad you had a great time. I will also make sure to pass along your suggestion for the added table and chairs. We are always looking for ways to improve what we offer to our guests. Again thank you for staying and sharing and we can't wait until you can stop by again!!