“Great location!”

The Beachside Resort
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The location is great! The beach view was breathtaking and the price was right! The hotel staff is really nice! The only 2 complaints that I have are the poor water pressure and the fact that the Internet was hit or miss. I will definitely come back next year!

Room Tip: Get the beach view room! You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary S
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I'm so glad to read that you'll be back next year. Don't forget we're here 365 days a year and the fall and the spring are great times to come down and enjoy the beach. I've noted your comment about the internet and water pressure. I'm so sorry that these did not work as expected. Again, I'm so glad you had a great time and if we don't see you before, we'll definitely see you next year!

There are newer reviews for The Beachside Resort

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After a 14 hour drive we finally arrived at The Beachside Resort! We were on the 7th floor with an impressive view. Excited,we immediately dropped our stuff in our room and headed to the beach. The beach was beautiful! After enjoying most of the evening with our 2 year old at the beach we headed inside to get cleaned up. I started to run the water for my son's bath and barely a trickle was coming out. There was hardly any water pressure! It took forever just getting enough water for his bath and the showers were worse. I took my shower last and at the end of it the water was cold. The next morning we get up and go to breakfast and put the "service needed" sign on the door. We get back after a couple hours and nothing has been done. That's fine we thought we'll just get ready for the beach and by the time we come back it'll be done. WRONG! At about 3:00 my husband went to the front desk and told them we needed a housekeeper and to get a phonebook because none are provided. They said no problem! We go back to the beach and come back later in the evening to find NO ONE has come! Ok, ok, we can deal right? I go to run the bath for my son and the trickle seems worse than the night before. After running it for about 15 minutes and not even having an inch of water it stops! No more water! Lol could it get any worse? My husband grabs the hotel phone to call the front desk and low and behold the phone doesn't work! He gets ahold of the front desk with his cell phone and the maintenance guy comes up fairly fast. He fixed it almost right away and was very nice. The water pressure after that was much better. The next day we put out our sign "service needed" and leave for breakfast. We come back and still no one has come! This time my husband called the front desk and told them we were leaving for the beach and we have to have a housekeeper come up today! We come back from the beach and they finally came! Don't get too excited though... They only replaced towels. We had a few squares of toilet paper left and they did not give us another roll. They did not leave any coffee either and the floor was still covered in sand. My husband went down to the front desk and got toilet paper and coffee. Every time he dealt with the front desk they were always nice and apologetic. After that the housekeepers showed up daily. It did however take about 4 days for someone to sweep and vacuum the sand out. The location was perfect and so was the beach. After everything we went through in the first couple days I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Courtney64

I'm so sorry to read about the issues you had during your stay. The housekeeping issues are unacceptable and I've made the Housekeeping Manager aware of your comments. I'm glad to read that our maintenance staff was quick and attentive to your needs. I read that after the experience of the first couple of nights you probably wouldn't be back. I'm so sorry to read that, I do hope that you might give us another try and allow us to show that what you experienced was the exception and not the expectation. I would also like to talk to you about your experiences, feel free to contact me at 850.243.5722 or at jlee@innisfree.com.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

There is a review below this one which states "How can you have a two bedroom suite with only one tv?...that sucks!" Okay its true! If your going to Panama City to watch TV you should probably pick another hotel. There is only one tv in the suites....but if you rather watch the sunset over the blue green waters and ivory colored sand , far away from the hustle and bustle then The Beachside might be just what you need. Set your DVR at home and come here to chill out bigtime!
Here's our story. We booked through Expedia, we wanted a condo or hotel on the east end of the beach for three days, overlooking the beach. They recommended and booked us into Beachside. We traveled all night arriving at one in the morning ,when we got there because it was not in the east side, it was on the west side of the beach, the room was booked for only two nights and it faced the road not the beach. Suffice to say I was all hot and angry and ready to lash out but the guy at the front desk took my rage in stride and made everything right. He gave us a free upgrade to a beautiful king suite overlooking the beach and pool. And extended our stay for the third day (we may stay four-who knows?). He also pointed out that the beachside is way off the commercial beaches, its almost desolate and we have avoided all the traffic and found plenty of white sand to call our own without sharing our space! We like it. Expedia got it all wrong but the Beachside made it right...The staff is great, the rooms clean - I cant comment on the TV, I haven't turned it on.

Room Tip: More than two people- get a double queen suite, couples get a king suite overlooking the beach...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Beachside Resort. We think it's pretty cool too! I'm glad to read that my staff took what Expedia did wrong and made your stay right. One note, to insure that we get your booking correct in the future , you can always call us direct at 1.800.322.4571 or book online at our new website www.beachsideresortpanamacitybeach.com . Again, thanks so much for the comments and we look forward to seeing you back on the beach soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Do not be deceived by this place...it's the worst of the worst!!! The place itself is a dump! How can you have a 2 bedroom suite with only 1 television?--unreal. The place is a remodeled mess. They charge you a jacked-up rate (as if you're getting something), but in reality, you get nothing. The front desk receptionist gets irritated when you request a simple roll of bathroom tissue, they have no telephone books in the rooms for your use ('cause you'll need one here since they offer nothing). You can't even get an extra blanket---they don't provide those. Poor place, poor service, nothing complimentary--just the bare basics (bed, 1 TV, and that's it). You'll have a better vacation staying at home. In a nutshell, THEY SUCK!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marie C
John L, General Manager at The Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I'd like to offer my personal apology for the way you were treated and for the items you felt were lacking. Your experience is not my expectation. I have spoken with the manager in charge of the front desk to insure that this never happens again. Again, I am very sorry that you did not have a great time and I do hope that you will allow us another chance to prove that this was the exception and not the rule.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

So this isn't a five star hotel, but for the price, you really can't beat it! I got this room on Expedia for $149.00 a night right after the 4th of July 2013. It's right on the beach, all the rooms have balconies facing the beach and it has a pool, a hot tube and a small pool for young children. I really like that the room we got had two rooms both with a double bed then a kitchen with a full size oven and refrigerator (no ice maker, but there is an ice machine and ice bucket so you can fill the bucket and put it in your freezer) and walk through bathroom separating the bedrooms. Very nice feature since my husband came here for work and the kids and I came along to enjoy the beach. You can close the doors and separate the rooms for privacy. Love this! The staff, although a little rough looking, are super helpful and friendly. Best of all there are only 7 floors so you don't have to wait forever for the elevator and the parking lot is easily accessible, so there's no walking a mile from a parking deck. It was very quiet too. All in all, this was a great budget choice. It was so nice to be right on the beach, just steps from the sand, for such a great price!

Room Tip: We liked the lower levels so we would be closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank harleyandkaren

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay during the July 4th holiday. While it was rainy, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Again, thanks for staying and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is old & recently renovated, yet still needs more work. Floor was wet by air conditioner; it did rain quite hard, so may have blown in through outside vent.Toilet seat was loose & tub had a few cigarette burns. There were not enough luggage carts to accommodate everyone. We weren't there long enough to enjoy much & left after 1st night d/t severe storming. However, I would definitely stay there again. I like that it's away from the crowded area of beach yet just a short drive away. Front desk staff helpful & suggested nice restaurants. Nice view from the 7th floor!

Room Tip: Ask for gulf view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay at the Beachside Resort. I'll be talking to our housekeeping manager about the need to insure that everything is right and ready in our rooms before we allow guests to check in. You are correct on the cause of the wetness in your room -- the first two weeks of July were the wettest in history and we actually received over half of our normal yearly rainfall during that period. Hopefully the next time you visit, we'll have warm temps and sunny skies. Again, thanks for posting your comments!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have to agree with other reviewers in that this is not a resort, but.....it is a clean, comfortable, recently updated place to stay. We had problems connecting to wifi, but when at the beach, be on the beach, right? You could tell it was an older structure but had been recently remodeled. We found fresh paint, clean comfortable beds and an air conditioner that worked well. I did find the bathroom to be very small, but we survived and again, it was clean even if older. The staff was friendly, the view was great as was the pool and hot tub. We normally stay in condos, but wanting to avoid cleaning fees for a short weekend stay, we scheduled our mother/daughter weekend on the spur of the moment. Our 'retro adventure' weekend was just perfect and we have recommended this motel to some of our friends who needed a reasonable, nice, safe place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I'm so glad you enjoyed your "retro adventure" weekend at the Beachside Resort. You noted the age of the building. The property has been serving guests since 1973. The recently completed remodel will allow it to serve another generation of beach goers and sun lovers will on into the future. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon!