“LIKE COMING HOME”
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunset Inn
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family stayed next door at what was known as "Andys" for many, many years. Now both motels are known as "Sunset" and our visit in June 2013 was WONDERFUL, RELAXING, QUIET AND CONVENIENT.
On the beach, by the pool or on the deck.........just what we needed.
The rooms and the grounds are just SOOOO CLEAN!!!

No need to look anywhere else!

Room Tip: Rooms "across the street" are still very close, just a few steps across a very narrow, sel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diann D

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Really enjoyed our first stay there! For 20 years stayed down the west side of Front Beach Rd. (close to Pier Park). Will be staying here again! Nice place for the family. Clean, and newly renovated. Love the mom and pop feel of the place! Taking the whole family and 2 other families with us next July! I can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have previously reviewed Sunset, and gave it rave reviews. However, our last stay over the 4th of July weekend was terrible. The hotel is clean, affordable, and Anthony's Beach Service is still great. But Panama City Beach is a terrible place to visit, unless you are a partying Spring Breaker. Sunset isn't the ideal location for families. I still think Sunset would be a great place to stay, It just needs to be someplace other than PC.
We will be going to St. Pete, or Clearwater next year. We used to love Panama City Beach, but If I want to see that many drunks in one place, I will go to a bar. They don't call it, "The Redneck Riviera" for nothing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Apasara L
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was the 1st time my husband and I have ever taken our 3 young boy's to the beach and this place was perfect. We want to go back soon. We loved it. The condo was super awesome with a washer and dry. The fridge even had a ice maker which was a plus. My kids loved the white sandy beach and the easy access. We even walked across the street the the convenience store because everything there is so layed back. It seems to be a super cool community.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jamie38555
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have not been to Panama City Beach in decades. I was pleasantly surprised with my trip and happy that it only took 5 hours from Atlanta. A friend and I stayed at Sunset Inn after reading the good reviews. We stayed in the building next to the office on the second floor next to the parking lot which was fine for us (private). The room had two double beds, a full kitchen, and a wrought iron table and chairs outside our room (handy for sitting and hanging wet beach towels. The building has a beautiful patio courtyard with a fountain and it is a beachfront building. There is a nice pool right next to the office (goes to 8ft.) and another one across the small street (5ft, nicely kept up). We swam in both towards the evening so they were shaded (both open till 10pm). We also swam in the ocean (still crystal blue) even though there is some bothersome seaweed, and the beach is still powder white.The best part of the hotel is that it is off the main strip, but close to everything. We also went to the beach in St. Andrew's Park; beautiful, very little seaweed, but, some little jellyfish. I swam for an hour without getting bitten. We ate at Schooners (beachfront) where the food and service was good and not too pricey. The Hidden Lagoon Race track is the best, Panama Dune Buggies is fun, but the buggies tend to overheat and there were only four working. Pier Park has good shops and restaurants, and there's plenty of parking. To walk out on the big pier is $3 pp. We even drove downtown to Historic St Andrews and Historic Panama City to walk around. Nice places. All in all a wonderful vacation. Only complaint is the shower had no head (I held my hand to the shower to help it spray better).

Room Tip: There are plenty of styles to choose from and the beach is right there!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emmie R
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Let me start by saying I will never stay anywhere else again! We stayed in the townhouse and I couldn't believe that this is what I was getting for the price I had to double check lol it was 2 full bedrooms ( beds were comfortable) with 3 full baths plus a full kitchen and a washer and dryer :-) it was really clean (I am a clean freak) so it passed the test! We rented it for 3 nights but ended up staying 1 more night :-) the owners were great:-) the pool was wonderful the kids enjoyed it:-) I can't say enough about how great this place is :-) I only wish I would of found this place a long time ago:-) Whoever stays here will not be disappointed:-)

Room Tip: If you have a big family and want to have a "home" fill try the townhouse :-) plenty of ro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Treazuresrmine
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Sunset Inn in Panama City, Fl. last week. The room in the new building was very clean and just the right size for two people. Being right on the beach is a big plus. We could enjoy the sound of the waves sitting on the balcony. Owner very helpful in recommending places to eat.
One big downfall was the bed. It was very Hard. Not firm, but hard, which was not good for a bad neck and back. Therefore, I slept on the sofa every night, which was not too good, but better than the bed. That was my only complaint. Other than the bed, it was perfect. I would go back anyway and sleep on the sofa again if I had to.
Location, Location, Location.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new building. all new, and private.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple