“Dreadful...No air better outside than inside”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
bham alabama
“Dreadful...No air better outside than inside”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

This place has poor service really should be condemed no one should take a loved one to this Heck hole...really there are huge roaches and spiders in the rooms and don't forget the rats and no air at all it was the worst experiance ever,,,Please don't stay with this christian claiming company it really isn't a nice place to be the people really are rude for the most part.

• Liked — check out
  • Disliked — no air
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank sadleymine78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Evansville, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

My husband and I, and our 3 children decided to pile in the van on a Sunday and take off for Florida. We ended up in Panama City Beach. We had no reservations for anywhere, so we started to look for hotels on Front Beach Road. We went inside the Flamingo and they had two rooms available. One in the Tower and one in the Garden. We took the one in the Garden.
The price was right and the room was clean. We spent three nights there and the staff was very friendly. The only complaint I had was that there wasn't a coffee pot in the room. You had to go to the front office for coffee, in small styrofoam cups, every morning. Other than that, the family had a wonderful time. We have already booked our vacation for this summer in August at the Flamingo Tower Condo's. More room for everyone this way.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone with children. It is ON the beach, no crossing the busy Front Beach Road, and it is very much in any families price range.

• Liked — The location, ON the beach.
  • Disliked — No coffee pot in rooms.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank shele_1976
georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

We stayed at the Flamingo for 3 Night's, Myself, My 2 Daughters, & 2 Grand Children, We go to Panama City Every Summer. This year we made a Bad Mistake in choosing this Hotel. I made our reservations 4 months in advance requesting the Highest Tower Room. Was told by Management we would have the top floor. Needless to say, Its NO when we got there, But the first and foremost ! When we Checked-In the Front Desk Staff was and is VERY Impersonal av very Unpleasant, Gave us a Careless Attitude, Treated us and others as though they are doing you a favor ALLOWING Us to stay Not Making us feel welcome at ALL! Maybe I look at things differently, for I myself am in the Hospitality Business and would NEVER TREAT my Guests the way we were treated! If you can't be Cordial and Pleasant get OUT of the Business. We had to BRING our own Towels To Them to be Counted and Replaced! And then lets talk about Parking! I mean to say NO PARKING!! I don't mind walking to and fro but Good God not half way up Front Beach Road! And the woman in the last review stated that the Hot-Tub at the Pool was DIRTY, She IS RIGHT!! It wasn't the right color at all GREEN GOO! would Best Describe it. Adults sat in it most of time Drinking Beer and Never getting Out! (get me drift!) and I asked the Pool man the fist Morning there after seeing this all day long the previous day, don't you Test the Hot-Tub Water Daily? His answer was WITH WHAT! That told me ALOT! Since my return I have called the Health Dept there and filed a notice to the public about the Hot-Tub Incident. As for staying there again I would Never Stay Again, I feel that My Money Is Just As Good As Any one's, And I Would Prefer To Be Treated Kindly And As A Paying Guest, Which Affords Them To Have A Job To Begin With! I'm Sure There Are Many Guests That Have Not Had The Same Experience That We Did, Which For Them I Am Glad For, But For The Others As Myself We Won't Make Another Mistake Like That Again! Burn Me Once Not Twice!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank rustic
Lower Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

We just returned from a 4 day stay in one of the Tower rooms on the 7th floor. The room was very clean with 2 beds, sofa bed pull out and a full kitchen. Our housekeeper Rick left these towel designs on each bed , they were so cute ! We loved it. They have 2 pools with the garden pool being pretty. Check in went smooth and they were very friendly. Our view from the 7th floor was gorgeous. My only complaint would be that the hot tub was dirty , not all the jets were working like I have seen at other motels. That would not keep me from staying here again, The rate we had for this nice of a room was wonderful . I think the owners should maybe check into the hot tub part . It was not a pretty blue color like others I have seen. That would be my only complaint.

• Liked — beautiful view
  • Disliked — hot tub jets not all working
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank tide-girl
Bath, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2007

After reading some of the reviews on the Flamingo, I was a little nervous about staying at this hotel. However, when we arrived after our 12 and half hour drive from Indiana, my fears were quickly set a ease.
My husband, myself, and another couple planned a trip to Panama City Beach to celebrate all of our recent marriges. We originally planned to stay at a cheap motel in Panama City, but after some digging, we found a hotel right on the beach. (The Flamingo). The price was perfect, not much more than what we were going to pay at the other motel, and more importantly, there were seperate bedrooms. This was another feature that led us to book our stay at the Flamingo. Other hotels that are on the beach are the same price or more but the rooms there are set up just like a standard motel room. Not good if you are trying to honeymoon.
When we arrived at the motel at 9:30, we let the front desk know that we were in town and asked if our room was ready. Check out time is not until 10:00 am so our room was still being occupied. The lady at the front desk said that the room would be ready no later that noon and that we are free to use any of the ammenties that the hotel offers. We went down to the beach being that it was my husbands first time seeing the ocean, and we noticed the people in our room leaving and the housekeeper immediatly went in to clean. We saw the housekeeper leave and we asked if our room was ready, and it was. Check in time is not until 2:00 pm but the hotel let us check in at 11:30 am.
The room did not even look like someone was in there. It smelled very clean, looked very well kept and new. We stayed in the motel on the cabana level and the veiw was beautiful.
We tracked alot of sand into the room the first day we were there and the housekeeper put a towel on the floor in front of the door so we could dust our feet.
Our room was cleaned everyday and our beds were made. I left my purse in the room almost everyday and it was never even touched. The staff was friendly and helpful. They always answered any questions we had politely. We always had clean fresh towels. I observed the pools being cleaned every morning.
We pplan on going back to Panama City Beach in the future and we will be staying at the flamingo again. One thing I do recommend is to bring a fan, the back bedroom gets really stuffy, but after we got a small fan it stayed as cool as the rest of the room.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Trishka523
Brundidge,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2007

This was my first stay at the Flamingo motel. I will be returning . I had a great stay the room was nice,it had a shower /tub. coffee maker nice pots and pans, nice dishes and glasses like at home the coffe cups were very nice house cups.
The grills use charcoal They are your basic weber grill, wish that would have been gas, but that is my only dislike from my whole stay.I stayed in one of the tower rooms But if i return i will stay at the motel closer to the picnic table and grills and sun deck and garden pool
This is a nice place for kids under 12. very safe. very family oriented. Very small motel with 2 pools equals no crowding. The hot tub was very nice too. the balcony only had plain chairs but that was okay.
Most everyone i met was return visitors and very friendly. It was like one big family . The sunning loungers were very comfortable.
The beach chairs on the beach rent for 15.oo a day for two with umbrella, and they have one snack machine and two drink machines. The staff was very friendly and nice.

• Liked — very clean and updated
  • Disliked — no gas grills
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank alabama1234
Enterprise, Al
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2007

On 3-1-2007 a tornando destroyed Enterprise High School and killed 8 students. After attending 8 funerals for her friends in one week my daughter needed a break. We booked a room and went here. Later a friend of ours decided too come to an bring a few kids with her who needed a break also. They harrased us about parking in their lot with no lines painted on it saying we were not in a parking spot. They did not want to give more than one parking pass per room. I was in a 2 seater Porsche and my senior was in her car because she wanted to hang out with her friends and I wanted to hang out with my wife. They harrassed my kids and their friends every time they left the room, interrogating them on whether they were registered there. When a few friends dropped by who own a condo near there to pick them up to go ride go-karts they accused us of packing 8 kids in one room. They went through the room and counted suitcases to prove there were too many kids. My wife and I had been laughing earlier because one teenage girl brought 3 full suitcases for a 2 night stay. My wife and I were on the grounds the entire time except for a few hours shopping. While we we shopping my daughter called and when they were changing clothes to go ride the go karts that's when we accused of over packing a room. In fact only 3 people slept in each of the 2 rooms booked. I have never been treated so rudely at any place I have ever stayed. If you want to have an enjoyable trip stay somewhere else. Every employee except the maid was very unfriendly. My daughter said we was very nice. We were so mad we left and they refused to refund out money for the unused night.

This is absolutely the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel.

Stayed March 2007