“Loved the Flamingo”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Loved the Flamingo”
Reviewed October 12, 2005

My husband and I just spent 5 days at the lovely Flamingo Tower. It was a really nice spacious room. The queen bed was very comfortable. The Tower room we had had a kitchen with full size fridge, 4 burner stove with oven and a dining area away from the bedroom. The sitting room had a sleeper sofa and T.V. , that room opened onto a balcony with a beautiful view. You can see the peir from the tower rooms. The staff was very friendly and we never had to ask for anything. The pools and hot tub was cleaned daily and was very nice. The beach area was very nice. A perfect place to take your morning walk and then to close out the end of the long day. There is construction all along Front Beach Road, but just remember, any place you stay had to be built at some point in time and someone had to see the work being done. So just keep in mind that all the work being done is feeding someones family. The Flamingo is a wonderful place to stay and we will stay there again. Remember, the hotel room helps with your vacation, but YOURSELF and your attitude MAKES your vacation, so help yourself out and take a GOOD ATTITUDE with you, no matter where you stay.

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed September 19, 2005

We spent 4 nights in the Flamingo Motel last week & we had a great time. The rooms were clean & the kitchen & dishes were in good shape. The price was definitely right ($59/night for a double w/ kitchenette). The A/C was ice cold & the water pressure in the shower was good. Lots of hot water. The staff was very nice & we had absolutely no billing/pricing conflicts. It is right on the beach & they have a great sun deck overlooking the beach. My boyfriend thought the water in the pool was cold, but I thought it was refreshing. I only got into the hot tub once, because it was always full..lol. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank Amy B
louisville,ky
Reviewed September 4, 2005

this is a nice family motel, on the quieter side of panama beach,this year was our 4th stay at this motel,the only complaint i have is the beach areas have to much trash on them ,not just in front of our motel, but up and down most of panama beach. seems to me motel and condo owners would pay someone to keep the trash picked up,there are garbage cans all up and down the beach but i guess a lot of people are too lazy to put their own garbage in them.Randy from louisville. ps, never had a billing problem with these people yet.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank Randytan
Reviewed August 28, 2005

First of all, let me say that this is an absolutely beautiful motel. It is very pleasing to the eyes and the wallet. About half price of other places. The parking lot is across the street where we were a little uncomfortable leaving our vehicle. Loud party group stayed in the apartments across the street. Even so, we were extremely happy until we got home. After checking our online credit card statement, we realized that we had been charged twice. We called the motel and the staff refused to listen to our complaint. Instead the lady began yelling at my pregnant wife. We called the credit card company and they told us to call the hotel back. We did and they threatened to call the police if we called back and hung up on my wife. Finally the credit card company called the motel and received the same-type treatment. Thanks to the good people at Capital One, we were refunded, but without the help of Flamingo. So it is a wonderful place if you plan to pay cash. If using a credit card, stay away.

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed July 14, 2005

Me and my girlfriend went down to Panama City Beach last summer and stayed at the Flamingo. I was very happy with this hotel. The only complaint I had is that the little refrigerator in the room was unplugged when I got there so my "refreshments" I had took forever to get cold. I stayed in the hotel part and not the tower. I really like the pool and the trees and plants around it. The staff was very friendly to me and even helped me out with any questions I had about Panama City Beach. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2004
6 Thank texanstuckinAR
Marietta GA
Reviewed June 20, 2005

We have stayed in the Tower in the past and liked it, but there is only one air conditioning unit to cool the entire suite and you will burn up in the sleeping area --
We planned to stay there again this year and just take some fans to help circulate the air, but have changed our minds after calling to ask a couple of other questions that we could not find the answer to in their brochure or web site....
I am a bit old fashioned and expect to be spoken to respectfully...but these folks cut me off in mid sentance continuously, I guess they were thinking they knew the question I was about to ask. I was not able to get the information I needed because of the continued interruptions, ..So I hung up and called back later trying to speak to someone else and she was even worse......when I tried to mention that I was bothered by her attitude, she responded with downright viciousness in her voice.
For years, they have had a full page ad in the PC BEach vacation planner showing the smiley faces and playing up the "family'owned and operated stuff, but so what........family is a very misleading term in this case, and I did not find them to be polite or helpful at all.
I guess since hotels are becoming few, with condos taking over, the staff at some places just dont feel like they need to try and win your business anymore.
The BEACHCOMBER has the exact same floor plan as the Flamingo Tower, but they have two seperate air conditioners in their suites PLUS they are very very nice folks, so stay with them instead.

• Stayed June 2005
14 Thank sallysue30060
Reviewed June 18, 2005

We just stayed at this hotel on June 10th-14th. For the price, the Flamingo is a nice place to stay. The room was always kept clean and always clean towels left for the bathroom and kitchenette. Kitchenette had adequate pans and silverware as well as cups, plates, bowls and glasses. It even came with the dish soap supplied. We never had to call down to the office to ask for anything. The pools and hot tub were always kept clean. The grounds keeper kept the garden and grounds very neat and tidy. There were grills on site to cook out and we never had a problem getting one when we needed it. The air-conditioning worked excellent and kept the room pleasant. The room itself was nice to stay in even though there was some wear and tear and it was clean. The beds were really comfortable and provided a good nights sleep. There was easy access to the beach one of two ways. There is a good size deck with deck chairs that over look the ocean. The hotel is about 30 mins. walk down the beach to the pier. We never saw any bugs in our room. The location of the hotel made going to shops and other places of interest convenient. Only two complaints that I have are, when the air-conditioner was turned down while we were out of the room, a strong musty order would develop in the bathroom and where you have to park your vehicle, you have to cross a busy road to get to the hotel. Other than that, it was a really nice place to stay and if we get a chance to go back, we would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2005