“Could have been so much better”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Could have been so much better”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

When you have a beachfront site, guests have a certain expectation. I don't just want a view. I want to hear and smell the ocean. This place blew it. The bed was at the front of the suite - too close to the street/parking lot, so we woke to the beep-beep-beep of the crane carrying the painter to the top floor at about 7:45 a.m. If the sleeping area was at the back end - and there had been a slider or screen window, at least - we could've slept to the lullaby of the surf that pounded all night.
Water in the shower could have boiled shrimp. Way too hot.
Toilet paper was behind a sitter, low to the floor. You need to do a yoga pose just to grab it.
There was no shampoo, not even a clock.
But the rate was reasonable and the afternoon staff friendly. Not so the morning crew.
We won't be back.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, ask for the higher floors because the windows facing the beach on the low...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Villa Rica, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We just got back from a trip to PCB. We stayed on 3rd floor at the Tower and we LOVED IT!!!! We will NEVER stay anywhere else. We took a 4 year old, and the pool was heated and perfect for kids. They always have a bigger pool for the bigger kids. Great view, Friendlly staff, and it is not highway robbery. I would highly reccommend this place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tammy P
Decatur, Alabama, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I paid 76ish a night in may. This was the best value for the money for me. The other places were out of my price range and I am pleasantly surprised by how not awful it is. The room is small but hey its cheap. My room does view the beach which is pretty cool. The bathroom ran some dirty water when I first turned on the water but I let it run and its been clear. The sheets have some weird black dots all in them but beyond that no troubles. My neighbors are quiet, the beach is lovely, all the flowers everywhere smell nice. Its no five star but great for the money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed May 4, 2013

we had an amazing time.. everyone must try it. the rooms were clean as well as the pool. staff was very friendly. every time we come to panama city we stay here....it is close to everything you need. when we go we take our three kids and they are all differant ages and they all love this place.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank melonbeach
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great price for a great room! We had a beautiful view and we loved the heated pool and hot tub because when we went it was still kinda chilly outside. There is a wonderful deck on the back incase you don't want to go on the beach and if you do, it's literally a walk down the steps! The staff was very nice and the cleaning crew were very pleasant. Our room was made up very nicely each day and replenished as needed. We were never without which was great. The motel is in a very convenient place along the strip with a nice walk to pier park. When we go again in summer, we are definitely staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Kayla W
Franklin, Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this motel. I have visited many times over the years. It is like "home" to me. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is a very clean and affordable place to stay. A very short walking distance to Pier Park. Forget the high rises...give me the Flamingo!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Bonnie R
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I went to the beach for our first anniversary and a much needed vacation. We normally stay in a house or condo but the budget was tight this year so we chose something cheaper. I will admit i was nervous to stay in a hotel. From the beginning they have been easy to work with. The room was ready when we got there even though we got there earlier than we thought we would. We stayed on the sun deck and the view was amazing. The room was a bit on the small size but it was fine for the two of us. The room was very clean and I never saw anything that looked worn out or overused and not the first bug (a bug is a deal breaker for me)! If I had to have a complaint it would be that you cant lock the dead bolt from the outside and that made me uneasy. I left my purse and jewelry in the room multiple times and it was safe so obviously it is a silly "complaint"! We will be staying there every time now! Best value and price!

• Stayed April 2013