“Loved this place!”
Review of Flamingo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great price for a great room! We had a beautiful view and we loved the heated pool and hot tub because when we went it was still kinda chilly outside. There is a wonderful deck on the back incase you don't want to go on the beach and if you do, it's literally a walk down the steps! The staff was very nice and the cleaning crew were very pleasant. Our room was made up very nicely each day and replenished as needed. We were never without which was great. The motel is in a very convenient place along the strip with a nice walk to pier park. When we go again in summer, we are definitely staying here again!

5  Thank Kayla W

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this motel. I have visited many times over the years. It is like "home" to me. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is a very clean and affordable place to stay. A very short walking distance to Pier Park. Forget the high rises...give me the Flamingo!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BonnieP808
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I went to the beach for our first anniversary and a much needed vacation. We normally stay in a house or condo but the budget was tight this year so we chose something cheaper. I will admit i was nervous to stay in a hotel. From the beginning they have been easy to work with. The room was ready when we got there even though we got there earlier than we thought we would. We stayed on the sun deck and the view was amazing. The room was a bit on the small size but it was fine for the two of us. The room was very clean and I never saw anything that looked worn out or overused and not the first bug (a bug is a deal breaker for me)! If I had to have a complaint it would be that you cant lock the dead bolt from the outside and that made me uneasy. I left my purse and jewelry in the room multiple times and it was safe so obviously it is a silly "complaint"! We will be staying there every time now! Best value and price!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank TyreA
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Flamingo motel is a hidden treasure. Amoung all the high rise condos and time share sets the Flamingo. It is spotlessly clean, the management is extremely friendly and helpful and the property includes thwo pools (one heated perfectly) a spa, pletnty of seating room and great rooms including full kitchen suites.

My brother and I went for a reunion and his 61st birthday. Couldn't have been better. Check-in was easy, room was ready and spotless, exactly what we reserved as was the rest of the property.

This motel is seriously a 5!

I am going to add a few words about a local fishing provider since I cannot find another place to put it right now. My brother and I wanted to go fishing so we made reservation on a Capt. Andersens boat. We know it might not go if there were not enough people but we were hopeful. The night before we got a call cancelling the trip due to "weather". We were scheduled for another trip the next day, stopped there and were actually issued tickets and paid. Fine. The next day, late in the day, my brother received 3 cell phone calls in a row--no message. He called back and they were gone. At 11 pm we drove to the marina and found, on a sign, that the trips were again cancelled, no reason

Early Next morning we called the Treasure Ialand Fishing Co. and they were very accomodating and put us on a noon boat. Best we could do even though we had wanted an all day boat.

Called Capt Andersen back and they demanded that we return the tickets, even though we had paid via internet and they had all information. They were rude, nasty, unaccomodating, and basically people I would never suggest you do business with!

Stay at Flamingo!

Fish with Treasure Island!

Room Tip: Towers are great!
5  Thank Greghw
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited during spring break the first week of April. We stayed in the tower on the fifth floor. The room was clean with plenty of room for 5 people. We loved the large balcony and the awesome oceanview. Honestly, our only complaint was the lack of hot/warm water. There were two days that we literally had no warm water to shower. Had to wash my hair in ice cold water which was no fun at all lol. This was our second visit to the Flamingo and would definately stay again.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are spacious with a great view.
2  Thank gbpacks4
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was in the part of the hotel that was across the street, not beachfront. You can definitely tell those are the cheap rooms. The tv is very small and the parking is not the best. It was also quite loud BUT I was there for spring break so that's definitely why it was so loud! The staff was extremely friendly for it being quite busy! The room was clean and the kitchen with dishes was nice. The shower had extremely low water pressure and at times would jump from boiling hot to ice cold for no reason so that would be the only real issue with the room (besides the size of the tv if that is a big deal for some people). The pools are small but nice and the jacuzzi is a nice size as well, and there is good access to the beach. It is in walking distance of some stuff but for the better things (for spring breakers) you have to walk a little bit more or drive. Pier Park is like a half mile away so that is nice as well. Good enough for spring break! I probably wouldn't stay at this particular one otherwise.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the beach side of the hotel if you can instead of having to cross the street. The ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank le0412
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Flamingo during the last week of March and really loved it! Oceanfront room with a great view, heated pool and whirlpool, clean and close to Pier Park, Sharky's, Shuckums, Wal Mart, Target and a variety of other shops within walking distance. Although it was cool the week we were there, the sand and amount of beach are excellent, there were always chaise loungers available (although we noted other guests who got up early to put their towels on chairs at 6:30 a.m. and didn't actually use the chairs until 2:00 pm. - very tacky and inconsiderate!). Housekeeping fulfilled all of our requests (including asking for closet hangars - there were none when we arrived and they brought 20 new ones), the owners and staff were always friendly and courteous, and we felt safe in this stretch of Panama City Beach. The price was great, especially for ocean front during the tail end of Spring Break. We liked the room's full size refrigerator-freezer, stove, microwave, table for two and balcony/walkway overlooking the Gulf. Outside on the upper patio there are a couple of charcoal grills for grilling out & a sheltered picnic table if you so desire. For me personally, the bed was difficult to sleep on and after a few days, I experienced back soreness after a few hours of sleep. You may or may not experience this but though it was worth mentioning. Overall, the rooms do have some wear & tear, but nothing that over counter-balanced the positives. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back at some point.

Room Tip: We stayed on the end of the motel (lower) part, 2nd floor. There are 4 rooms, 2 on each wing, that a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple