“could have been a nice place”

Moondrifter Condominiums
ga
“could have been a nice place”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

first off i would say that i loved the view. easy walk to the beach and to one of the 1,000 alvins islands. as far as the condo it-self goes..... i am sure the bed was just made from the people before, not changed. the sheets were stained and there was a yellow crust on mattress topper (i dont want to know). there was soap left from what looks like the last 3 renters, i made sure to wear shoes the whole time due to the red hard stain on the already nasty brown carpet. there were still pee stains on the toilet from the previous. we are young and like to have a good time so the noise didnt bother us so if you dont like noise then be aware it is next to club la vila. we were also mooned by the wonderful drunk hardbody winner (dont know how he won) from 8 floors down. thanks tyou to " that guy." dont get me started on the manager. he will not leave his seat and wave you in his office like the godfather. check out time was at 10 but be ready to have the door bell ringing at 9:30. so much for packing at night so you could sleep right up to 9:50. As far as PCB goes, it was wonderful. love the night life and the beaches were clean. club la vila was a blast and the restraunts had great food. i would also recomend the dolphin tour, ask to take it with Joe. he gives the best tours.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This was our first time to the World Series in PCB and we stayed here with our Softball Organization from Tennessee. I wouldn't recommend the Moondrifter or RA Hospitality Group to anyone. We stayed in unit 104 on the ground floor. We had to buy cleaning supplies and clean to the condo before we could even stay in it. It smelled terrible when we first entered it. We could not see the beach or ocean all we saw was the pool and heard LaVela allnight. Several families from our group had to be moved because the rooms were so bad. I can also complain on one of the owners "Linda" she stayed on the kids in the pool constantly. She also yelled at the adults the whole time we were there. Our stay at the Moondrifter was miserable. We spent about 1600.00 for the week and had a terrible time. The bedrooms were so old and nasty we used our own blankets that we brought with us. There was mold in the bathroom that was in the bedroom. I will never stay here again. I would not recommend it to anyone. Spend your money on something nicer. The service at the RA Hospitality Group which rents these condos is terrible. Bad Customer Service, took us 1 hour to get checked into our room. We had to wait in line in their lobby with not much air and alot of angry people.

• Stayed July 2009

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Was charged about $1500 for the week, about an 8 hour road trip and was completely unsatisfied with the room (408) my family was assigned. We returned to the front desk and demanded to be relocated! Room 606 was somewhat better than room 408 but not by much. I spend most of my time cleaning the room than I did enjoying the beach. There was mold in both bathrooms, bugs, bedding had burns in them, the beds were nasty....I could go on and on. The Moondrifter should hold the homeowners 100% accountable and make sure that they take care of their condos! We were in Panama City Beach, Florida for the USFA World Series and there were about 150-200 people from our organization that stayed at the Moondrifer and over half of them had very similar experiences. Some received discounted restaurant vouchers, relocated to the Boardwalk or refunded 100% of their money.
Also....don't ask for additional towels!!! We stayed in a room that slept 8 and we were given 5 towels. I called the front desk and asked for more because I was tired of washing towels 3 times a day. I was informed that they don't provide additional towels!! Don't worry....I got the additional towels! That was the straw that broke the camels back...
Please seek elsewhere when looking for a place to stay....I wouldn't want anyone to have to deal with the crap that we did. Let's put it this way.....we had to check-out Saturday morning and the World Series ended approximately 8 Saturday night. Since we had no place to stay, we drove to Bonifay and checked into Tivoli Inn and it was paradise!! We were took!
One good thing did come out of our trip.....we won the World Series in the 12U division!!

• Stayed July 2009
panama city, fl
Reviewed May 11, 2009

After reading reviews online, I was very scared about staying here. From the parking lot it doesn't look very good, but as soon as we got into our room, we loved it. We stayed in room 808. We were the farthest from LaVela so it was nice and quiet. The room was nice and big with plenty of room to sleep. We had a king size bed, queen rollaway, bunk beds, and a queen sleeper sofa. The kids loved it and so did we. The next time we come here we will request this room again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
new orleans
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I travel a lot and really look forward to the relaxation of the beach. I listened to a person that told me that the Moondrifter in Panama City Beach, FL had been updated and really looked nice, so I decided to give the place a chance and stay here. Well, I should have stayed elsewhere, I believe the person that owns the condo that I stayed in missed the memo to upgrade. It is awful and I will never stay here again.
The room is so outdated that it was embarrassing to have friends come by and see that I was having to stay in the disgusting condo. I could have stayed in a hotel that would have been nicer than this. The rooms were not cleaned properly, it needs to be repainted, the carpet is sticky and nasty. The kitchen didn't have but a 4-cup coffee pot that you would use in a hotel.
Oh my god, the club right next to you (LAVELA) is so loud that you can't sleep during the night, the mattresses in the bedrooms are so old that my husband and I rolled to the middle of top of each other. The furniture in the living room area was so old it stinks and it is so worn down you can't sit two people on it without rolling into the middle.

OH MY GOD, it is horrible. Can't move because the staff got mad at me saying that I was embarrassed to stay here so they said that their was noting they could do. So pretty much told me to deal with it!! What do they care, they have my money so whatever.

So all I can do now, is tell everyone not to stay here unless you know someone that owns a place here and they did get the memo to upgrade.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank manytravels3
Alabama
Reviewed October 4, 2008

This place was great! We stayed in a nice individually owned condo and it couldn't have been better! My boyfriend and I went with two other couples for Spring Break and there was enough room for everybody. The place was clean, but of course we had to keep it clean ourselves. The kitchen was well-equipped and it saved us all a lot of money from not going out to eat every night. The balcony overlooked the beach and was beautiful. The condos are located right next door to Club La Vela, though, so older travelers might want to stay away during the months when the younger travelers are down there. We had no problem with the Club being next door, but we are college students so we were there to unwind. I think our next door neighbor lives in the condo permanently and she was older, so maybe she got used to the noise. Overall, the location was fantastic, it was central to everything. It was right on the beach which was another plus and the price wasn't bad when split between all of us. I would definetly recommend this place to my friends, although I'm not sure what the other condos look like since most of them are individually owned.

• Liked — location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — everything was great!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I had went to the beach the week before I stayed at Lollye on the beach it was nasty an terrible!! I found the Moondrifter online an made res.. It was the nicest room we have ever stayed in it was SUPER CLEAN!! We had a great view an it was just amazing I couldnt have had a better place to stay..We will stay there from now on!!

• Liked — It was extremly clean
  • Disliked — The front desk man was very rude to the people in front of us,because their room key he was giving them wouldnt work..He all but called them a liar about it not working. Had he been that way towards us we would have just walked out and lost our money! HE WAS SO RUDE HE WAS NOT THE MGR.. He was an older man ,but I spoke with the mgr an told him how get our room was..
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family