“Worst vacation condo ever!”

and 1 more site!
Moondrifter Condominiums
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Moondrifter 205 was the absolute worst condo I have ever stayed in. Decor circa 1983 thrift store, sag in mattresses visible from walking into bedroom and very uncomfortable, elevators broken, no tv remotes, condo was not very clean. The kitchen is VERY poorly stocked with dishes that felt sticky. When I mentioned to the manager at checkin that this wasn't as advertised, he suggested we could find somewhere else...spring break week and had already paid in full. (Including their ridiculous "cleaning" and parking fees.)

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Leeanncalloway

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We absolutely loved staying at the Moondrifter condo 207. It was very neat and clean and close to everything. The condo was in great shape with all new funiture and appliances. We stayed there for 6 days and want to recommend it to everyone. The owners were really friendly and helpful with all of our questions. It was a great price also. Highly recommend Moondrifter 207

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Or condo was privately owned and it was just a place to sleep for us. Liked that our was I the beach and next top La Vela, in walking distance to enough things and the buys stop. We paid dirty cheap for a week and there were maggots unger the couch. I felt uneasy to be a female alone, and the elevator smelled of mildew.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank jennc9
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in room 207 from July 21-28. Never again will I stay there. To make it easy I'm just gonna list everything that was wrong:

Holes in front door
Not all light sockets worked
Light bulbs burnt out at least 1 in every room
Microwave handle was broken off
All expenses were suppose to be included when we paid but had to buy a parking pass when we got there
Pull out couch broke
Blinds broke
Doors coming off hinges
Furniture is bad condition
Black mold in closet with washer and dryer
Washer was zipped tied to hold parts together
Dryer had no lint trap
AC quit working
AC filter filthy
Toilet we had to fix so it would work
Beds sunk in middle
Dirty sheets
Poor communication with owner

That is just all I can think of right now. I advise to spend extra money an stay somewhere else. So that when you inform the owner that this place is just gross and needs updating that they don't turn around and say you did it like they did us. I mean how can we make black mold grow on walls??? That is just an honest review.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank nernst0002
Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was like the condo was not complete and they started renting it. Fan in room along with ceiling fan dud not work. Some light switches dud not work. Bed very heard. I dud not enjoy my vacation at this condo. We had four adults and none was happy. I have stayed at better for about $100 cheaper. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank syoung0776
Reviewed May 28, 2012

we just got back from 2 great weeks are the moondrifter. room was great clean,everything we needed was there. the people at the moondrifter were very nice allready planing next years stay

Room Tip: we stayed in 807 they say front units have a better veiw but i likes 807
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank deb d
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at moondrifter during the hurricane in September 2011. We were going to cancel our trip since we knew it was going to be raining and storming, but I called and spoke with the staff and they said since the hurricane wasn't going to be a direct hit, they couldn't refund all our money. We had already paid about 80% of our stay so we decided to go. I'm glad we did!
We were able to experience the beach in an environment most people don't get to see...it was pretty awesome to watch the storms roll across the ocean, and the waves were the highest I have ever seen. My kids got in beach time, and they didn't get sunburned because it was gray skies. We were next door to the club but it was a very quiet time for them. At night we could hear the music, but nothing that prevented us from sleeping. The beach was BEAUTIFUL! We were on the very top condo on the front facing the ocean. We could lie in bed and leave the curtains open on the sliding glass doors and see the ocean from the bed. It was amazing to wake up to that view! The downside to our condo - there was no ladder to the bunk beds, they were built into the wall, and it was difficult to get either one of my kids up there because if they needed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night they couldn't get down, or back up there, so they slept on the couch. The couch had a sleeper sofa, but we all know those are miserable, so we pushed the couch and loveseat together, and my 9 yr old took the couch and my 5 yr old had the love seat, and they never had a complaint. The bunk beds are IMMEDIATELY outside the door, so no hanky panky if your kids are going to be sleeping right outside your door...The sliding doors in the bedroom leaked, so the carpet was wet for about a foot into the bedroom, but it was coming a hurricane! So who can really complain about that...Patio furniture was nice, good location, pizza place will deliver, and our unit was very clean! The price was a little steap as we booked online at priceline I think? and we were not aware there was a cleaning fee that wasn't added in to the price, so that was a struggle as we were on a budget and thought it fit. I can't say it's worth the steep price they charge...we would consider staying here if all those fee's weren't added on.

Room Tip: ask for the top unit on the front facing the ocean!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family