“We totally enjoyed our stay here!!!!!”

Landmark Holiday Beach Resort
Reviewed August 15, 2009

My husband and I are the grandparents, we brought my daughter and her two children ages 10 and 5 on vacation. We also brought my grandson who is mentally delayed who we have custody of. He is 18rys old but actually only about 9 yrs old. We had a greaat time. This resort is very secure and very safe for the children. The rooms in the resort were very comfortable. The balcony on our 2 bedroom unit was more then large. We had 4 very comfortable chairs and a table. The view was fantastic!!!
Shopping was a great experience. Make sure that you stop at the $1.00 stores. Great Bargins. Also great shopping was at "Alvin's"
Do bring a float or board for the water. Smooth sailing in the outer waters.
We went on the Pirate ship tour, it was a lot of fun for the very young.Very dedicated to the young kids.They all had lots of fun, and, they don't scalp you on the gifts and drinks!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jessiedog48

Reviewed March 20, 2009

You people don't listen to those other folks. This place is just fine. I've stayed in very expensive places and also in cheap motels. This place is middle of the road. It's on the West end of the beach, which is a plus and a minus. The plus is that the traffic is FAR less than the heavy traffic you always find on the East end. I guess the minus would be for the drive you have to make to get to the fun stuff. That really affects the kids/teens more than us. There is a Winn-Dixie just 1 mile East of the resort.

We stayed on the 8th Floor in room 807. The carpet loooked fairly new in my limited knowledge of such things. The furniture was comfortable, but didn't pull out the sleeper sofa, so no review of it. It has a HUGE oak oval table that seats 6, but could easily seat 8. Our bed (master bedroom) was very comfortable! There is one shared balcony with sliding glass doors from the Den and Master Bedroom. The bathrooms are ok, nothing fancy. The stove/oven were good as well as the microwave and refridgerator.

Look, yes this is a older, 16 story building. But, it has been updated. I think the value is good. I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank stagmie
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Well one night after some heavy drinking I was cruising Ebay for some timeshare deals. I ran across on in Mazatlan which I purchased and am very pleased, and I ran across one at Landmark Holiday resort in Panama City Beach. Well I bought a 2 bedroom timeshare here and the only time I can book it is in the dead of winter. The timeshare I have is good except for the summer months and the other weeks go about 5 minutes after the lines are open for reservations. So much for crying over the week I get, lets get to the meat.
The rooms need some work. The plaster is peeling from the walls, the ceiling is drooping and the furniture is the best trailer park stuff you can get. The view is very good and the parking is also good. If you come here in the winter most of the attractions are closed and many restaurants also but you get great deals on t shirts from the everything is a dollar stores nearby. This is a good trip for about 3 days, then you are bored to death. The youngest people except for us, we are in early 50s, are about in their 110s. Handicap parking is a premium here. Bet you couldnt find a single box of Depends in this town if you tried.
I will be trying to unload this timeshare as soon as I return home.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Txsbigfoot
Reviewed November 21, 2008

My wife and I arrived during an unusual cold-snap, the temperatures were in the low-to-high sixties, although every day was sunny. The design of the balconies and the indoor pool area, tho, permitted us to catch the sun, even when the breezes picked up. The beach is always clean, the sand white and soft, the water clean. Our unit was clean and nicely furnished. When I spoke with one of the staff about a defective DVD player, she assurred me that the matter would be taken care of. Within fifteen minutes, a very friendly maintenance man replaced the DVD player with a new one, making sure it was properly configured. I asked him when the Landmark was built, and he replied: 1980. Considering the age of this place, it is nicely maintained. My advice to whiners: let a stranger stay at your house for a week and then ask them if they enjoyed it...

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed at this resort the week of April 19th and I must say it was disappointing. We exchanged through RCI which listed this resort as a Gold Crown Resort. I must wonder if RCI has checked out this resort in the last 20 years if at all. It most certainly is NOT a Gold Crown.
It is run down ( although they are trying to paint and make it look better) and leaves alot to be desired. What updating they have done inside the units is OK but the work inside was never finished. Lots of pieces of molding and wood not finsihed. The kitchen is very old and with outdated appliances. The cookware was dirty and we had to clean it before use. The dishwasher did not clean the dishes so we had to wash by hand. The bathrooms are so old that you wonder what year they were put in. And the toilets in both baths had problems. Plus other problems light fixtures not connected etc.

NOW for the better part. The view is great right on the gulf and the indoor pool is very nice and always clean. The beds are new and very comfortable and the units were a good size.
SO if you are looking for an OK place to stay this is it but do not expect any type of luxury.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank dancingFlorida
Reviewed February 2, 2008

We stayed at the Landmark by exchanging our points with Bluegreen. Only after making our reservations did they mention that there might be a little noise and dust from the remodeling and construction that will be going on at the Landmark. They made it sound like it would be minimel so we kept our reservation. We arrived on a Saturday so the place was quiet. Sunday was quiet as well, but come Monday morning the noise was so loud that you couldn't even hear the TV! Even having a normal conversation meant you had to literally yell to each other. I was hoping to relax at this resort, but with hammer drills and jack-hammers ratteling right outside the door and upstairs, relaxing was simply out of the question. From approximately 8:00AM until 5 - 5:30PM it was nothing but loud noise. And I mean LOUD. This went on all week, including the following Saturday. Personally we felt that they should have just closed the place down and did their remodeling instead of thinking the guests wouldn't mind all the clatter. What a disapointment. The place really does need improvements, so remodeling is a good idea. But don't try fooling the guests into thinking they won't be bothered by the dust, dirt and loud noise. If you're thinking of staying at the Landmark, be sure to ask if they will be doing any construction. If they're still working on the place, do yourself a favor and go stay some place else.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank theEZTraveler
Reviewed December 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Landmark for a week in October for out 25th anniversary. We had a one bedroom on the 2nd floor. You walked in on the second floor but the downstairs was the living room, kitchen and patio that walked directly onto the beach! The convenience to the beach out weighted ANY and ALL other complaints we had. The furnishings and carpet were definitely dated but we loved the closeness to the beach. Every night we walked out onto the beach watched the sunset. I would definitely go there again strictly on the basis of the beach access, after all that 's where we spent most of our time!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple