“Landmark Holiday Beach Resort or What??”

Landmark Holiday Beach Resort
Reviewed December 21, 2004

I spent a week at the Landmark Holiday Beach Resort. The view from the unit was wonderful. Everything else was the pits. Not enough hot water for 2 simultaneous showers. Furniture in unit needed to be replaced due to wear and tear. Railings on the balcony were loose. Balcony doors old and hard to open and shut. Both elevators broke down and we had to climb the steps to get to the unit. To get to the pool and hot tub you have to walk outside and go down a flight of stairs or go out on the beach and walk around the building. Not convenient to say the least. The week was plagued with one thing after another but the straw that broke the camels back was when the office called to say the exterminator would be there within the hour to spray for bugs. Not a place I would recommend.

13  Thank queenyml

A TripAdvisor Member
Batesville, AR
Reviewed October 13, 2004

Landmark is a great place, especially for families with young and school age children, even teens. My first trip there was nearly 19 years ago as a teen and it is just as great now as then. Very clean and lots of room to romp and play. Nice indoor pool and they have lots of "family" oriented activities all week long (ice cream social, games, etc.)

However, the picture listed with this site is NOT Landmark.....looks to me like one of the condo's a few down the beach from Landmark.

Don't know how the beach is now, after the hurricanes, but it was beautiful in July when we were there and the lifeguard was great to always have our chairs ready early in the morning (usually between 6:30 and 7) and always got us an extra umbrella for the kids to be able to play under and stay out of the direct sun.

Great place!

• Stayed: July 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2004

Landmark is a lovely resort, which unfortunately had some hurricane damage. This has caused a temporary closure. I own a timeshare at Landmark for week 40 which began Saturday, 10/2. I received a nice card stating how they were looking forward to seeing me on the week beginning 10/2. I made plans & even invited a relative to fly to FL to join me. Due to prior commitments we were unable to go to the resort until Monday, 10/4. Imagine my surprise when I called the resort today to tell them we would not be able to check in until tomorrow--and was told they would be closed this week! This angered me because had I been able to check in on 10/2, I would not have called ahead. I am incensed that I was not notified of this. Don't ask for my sympathy about hurricanes,etc., as I live in FL & have been hit by 2 of them recently. I need, and was looking forward to a vacation. It would seem that priority one would be to notify those who were coming during the week(s) of closure. They obviously have my correct address and I bet they will be able to notify of any special assessment to owners to pay for the necessary repairs.
Landmark is under new management. I hope this is not indicative of the type of service they plan to give to their owners. What do they plan to do for those of us who lost our weeks? I was told to call an exchange company, but I really don't want to pay an exchange fee to use my week I own. Sorry, but I expect better than that from my home resort.

Dan Turner

12  Thank Dan T
Reviewed September 26, 2004

My wife and I have traveled to Panama City Beach with another couple the past three years. We've stayed at Landmark Holiday Beach Resort and have been very happy! Spacious, clean two-bedroom/two baths units each time. Full kitchen, washer/dryer in the units. Every unit has balcony facing the beach and Gulf (not partial view or parking lot view, as with some hotels or resorts). Management very friendly and helpful. We go mid-March when Spring Break is just starting. But college crowd is couple of miles away and not an issue. Landmark doesn't allow anyone under 25 to stay in their units, so this minimizes Spring Break party problems on this property. Property is close to lots of attractions (golf, water sports, restaurants, shopping, etc.). We plan another trip there in Spring of 2005! Great place!

9  Thank PolishLT
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed March 27, 2004

About 4 years ago we went to Panama City on Spring break. The condo we had made reservations was under construction and basically, a dump. We drove down the strip looking for a place to stay and we ended up staying at Landmark. I'm glad our original place was not suitable because Landmark was wonderful! It was VERY NICE, clean and spacious. There were 7 in a party and we had plenty of room. We are, recently, Blue Green owners and I was glad to see that Landmark was one of our choices because I know from experience that it is a nice, clean place to stay. I can't wait to go back!

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member